More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 14:07:08

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  The Armory
| | |-+  Macro Control: Macrotastics
0 Members and 3 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 16 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Macro Control: Macrotastics  (Read 444057 times)
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Macro Control: Macrotastics
« Reply #225 on: 2008 August 30, 19:07:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Known, unrelated EAxis bug. Fix has been made and will be released in next update.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
AuKestrel
Corpulent Cretin

INTJ mother of an ENTP child. Halp!

View Profile
« Reply #226 on: 2008 August 31, 12:34:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You're probably already aware of this but. FYI.

Saturday morning I d/led and installed the 8/30/08 updated hacks in the FT directory, including macrotastics. When I went to play the uni lot I'd been playing for several days prior, the option "College...Do Homework" was gone. "Rampage" was available but did nothing when clicked on. "College... Write Term Paper" was also not available for any of the four students, so while it's possible one of them had written a term paper that semester and thus the option was no longer available for her, I'm certain that all of them had not written term papers (I only write term papers/do homework if they roll the want and two of them are Popularity sims).

I was playing with my normal game, nothing "new" installed aside from the updated hacks; several hacks were updated on the 8/28 round and the options to Do Homework and Write Term Papers were still there as of Friday night.

I tried adding a plain desk (because this is my thought process: the Sim now needs a desk or a place to do homework, right?) and still nothing. Also deleted and bought new computers (Maxis cheap computer).

Restored hacks from a DC I d/led at the end of June, and the "College... Do Homework" and "College... Write Term Paper" options were back.

jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #227 on: 2008 September 17, 13:28:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Possible bug with the latest skillinator -- I had a sim that wanted to learn counseling, so I set her to skillinate/counseling.  However, the icon kept dropping out of her queue and she just stood there.  She could study it if directed manually, but not under macro control.  Fire and parenting (the only two others I tried last night) work fine when skillinating.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
tizerist
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #228 on: 2008 September 17, 23:05:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

JM:

How possible would it be to implement a "Macro....browse web" function so that we could create the illusion of employees being office workers and plugging away at their desktops?

It would effectively open up a whole new type of community lot - the office lot.
Milhouse Trixibelle Saltfucker III
Saltfucking Weasel
Terrible Twerp

How is a weasel like a writing desk?

View Profile
« Reply #229 on: 2008 September 18, 14:44:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pescado generally only makes the things he actually wants in his game. Why can't you just use macro.../concentrate?

04:49 <@Pescado> That seems somehow unnecessarily cruel.

21:17 < Kewian> Trixie one day you are going to pay for your crimes.

Your source for blood and circuses.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #230 on: 2008 September 18, 19:12:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Macrotastics is for doing useful things, not useless things. I am not going to make a macro purely for cosmetic behaviors because they are useless and there is no reason they have to be done efficiently.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
ingeli
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile WWW
« Reply #231 on: 2008 September 21, 22:36:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Downloaded last version of Macrotastics and use it in my store. The owner doesnt have the option Macro/Business/Be salesman anymore, even if has the needed badges and all. Missing feature or should I be looking for conflicts?
seelindarun
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #232 on: 2008 September 21, 23:32:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Are you sure you have the right hack suite?  Be salesperson is in the Business... self-menu, and you need macrotastics, BRY, and BUY for optimal efficiency.  I have the trinity and the option is there for properly badged sims.
ingeli
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile WWW
« Reply #233 on: 2008 September 22, 00:11:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

OK, sorry for that, what I  need is better glasses or more sleep (or both) so I can see the difference between gold and bronze badges. *Hides in shame
lkekumu
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
Re: Macro Control: Macrotastics Garden
« Reply #234 on: 2008 September 22, 09:56:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hello,

I am having a problem with my gardens since installing AL.

My sims harvest the produce but the plant does not disappear right away like it used to - it stays there for 3 or 4 real minutes. The sims think that there is still something to harvest & Macrotastics >> Garden goes nuts - the sims just spins back & forth until i cancel the garden icon & wait for the plants disappear. It's like the game is being notified to delete the plant, but the delete action is not happening right away. You can still click on the plant after it has been harvested & choose to harvest it, but then that just drops out of the cue - so the game "knows" it has been harvested, but the plant is still there :/

Only MATY hacks installed - all of the latest.
floopyboo
The Biter
Pinheaded Pissant

Back by popular demand!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #235 on: 2008 September 22, 10:15:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've also had the same problem.

http://bigbrotherlawndale.deviantart.com/

The awesomest thing on the internet.
Tingeling
Malodorous Moron

- Big Cat AIDE - and proud of it!

View Profile
« Reply #236 on: 2008 September 22, 12:44:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My sims harvest the produce but the plant does not disappear right away like it used to - it stays there for 3 or 4 real minutes. The sims think that there is still something to harvest & Macrotastics >> Garden goes nuts - the sims just spins back & forth until i cancel the garden icon & wait for the plants disappear. It's like the game is being notified to delete the plant, but the delete action is not happening right away. You can still click on the plant after it has been harvested & choose to harvest it, but then that just drops out of the cue - so the game "knows" it has been harvested, but the plant is still there :/

I have the same problem with the macro - harvest plants.

- INTJ -
Ruann
Dimwitted Dunce

An overactive male imagination

View Profile WWW
« Reply #237 on: 2008 September 23, 13:19:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Skillination has an interesting little player-stupidity-training freakout when all of the Thinking Caps on a lot are in a Sims Inventory as opposed to laying about.  Gold/Plat sims will sit there spazzing over the unobtainable Thinking Cap in their own inventory rather than do any actual skilling.  On the one hand, makes the stupid player (in this case, me) drop the thing on a table.  On the other hand, sometimes I want my Sims to suffer a slow and agonizing slog through their skill gains.  Happened on a Greek lot when three Sims had caps in their inventories and managed to hit Gold during skillination and then stopped to eat a pizza.  After eating, they stood there with the rapidly flashing icon for the thinking cap going through their queue.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #238 on: 2008 September 24, 19:58:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

...the Skillinator can't even *FIND* thinking caps in a player's inventory, so what you're describing is impossible. It simply wasn't programmed to look for them inside a player's inventory, and cannot see them there as those are not "real" objects. So if it is flashing the thinking cap, you have a corrupt thinking cap somewhere on your lot.

I have the same problem with the macro - harvest plants.
New version should hopefully prevent "phantom plants" from being messed with.

Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #239 on: 2008 September 24, 21:01:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It was happening to me even without running it as a macro. Just the standard Harvest All. Will try with new version.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
rufio
Non-Standard
Uncouth Undesirable

More Nonstandard Than You

View Profile WWW
« Reply #240 on: 2008 September 25, 08:10:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Possible bug with the latest skillinator -- I had a sim that wanted to learn counseling, so I set her to skillinate/counseling.  However, the icon kept dropping out of her queue and she just stood there.  She could study it if directed manually, but not under macro control.  Fire and parenting (the only two others I tried last night) work fine when skillinating.

Actually, I have not been able to skillinate any of the special bookcase skills since I downloaded the AL version of the skillinator - all the menu options are there, but clicking on them doesn't do anything or put anything into the sim's queue.  I thought they might just not have been implemented yet.  The only thing I can think might be causing this is my not having FT (since parenting was introduced in FT and the skillinator might be depending on that code, or something).

I was thinking about these things and I am a feminist.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #241 on: 2008 September 25, 10:54:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Cannot reproduce this issue. Am going to blame tight pants.

Ruann
Dimwitted Dunce

An overactive male imagination

View Profile WWW
« Reply #242 on: 2008 September 25, 13:05:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

...the Skillinator can't even *FIND* thinking caps in a player's inventory, so what you're describing is impossible. It simply wasn't programmed to look for them inside a player's inventory, and cannot see them there as those are not "real" objects. So if it is flashing the thinking cap, you have a corrupt thinking cap somewhere on your lot.

The only thinking caps on the lot were brought with Sims in their inventory when they moved in.  No others had been placed.  This is a Maxis Made lot, though (the Frat house in Sim State University), so it wouldn't surprise me at all if it was fubar.
lkekumu
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #243 on: 2008 September 28, 09:57:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you for fixing the gardening problem. I am happy to report no problems with harvesting now. The plants still take a bit long to disappear but, at least the sims aren't obsessing over them!
EsotericPolarBear
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #244 on: 2008 September 30, 15:57:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Power idle is failing here. When used, the Sim will simply stand still without addressing any low motives (except for bladder/hygiene). Similarly with other macros such as skill building the sim will go until his motives hit red and the action will be canceled.

I've checked for conflicts and even went as far as leaving only Macrotastics and the recommended supplementary files (bathroom/autoyak/sleepclock) in the Downloads folder, but to no avail. Latest expansion is Apartment Life.

What you're describing sounds like you do not have sufficient facilities for motive refilling.

Is fun one of the low motives?  If so, do you have a gnome or The Cheat on the lot for kicking?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #245 on: 2008 September 30, 17:29:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

TV/computers restore fun so abysmally poorly and have so many ADHD issues that it simply wasn't worth trying to resolve them. Also, they're noisy and disruptive. Kickables are 100x faster, so are the one and only accepted Sport Of Kings.

EsotericPolarBear
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #246 on: 2008 September 30, 19:30:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Has anyone figured out what causes the "Macro -> Eat" function to constantly cancel out?  I have all the necessary appliances and every time the macro kicks in, it immediately cancels.

I can still prepare food normally, but not with the macro.  Also happens with Food Eats You when the autonomous eating kicks FEY on.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #247 on: 2008 September 30, 21:11:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You probably have a hack that's interfering with it.  Have you run the HCDU on your downloads directory?

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
EsotericPolarBear
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #248 on: 2008 September 30, 22:04:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You probably have a hack that's interfering with it.  Have you run the HCDU on your downloads directory?

I have and there are none.
Mesha
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #249 on: 2008 September 30, 22:22:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Has anyone figured out what causes the "Macro -> Eat" function to constantly cancel out?  I have all the necessary appliances and every time the macro kicks in, it immediately cancels.

I can still prepare food normally, but not with the macro.  Also happens with Food Eats You when the autonomous eating kicks FEY on.

I have this same issue when power idling and skillinating even with only MATY hacks in. It'll work for about the first time I play after installing and then after that I have to keep directing them to serve food otherwise they'll starve to death. Happened once today because I got up for 5 minutes. Both adult sims had 10 cooking points and most expensive kitchen appliances and counters. Nothing was on the counters because they had just moved in.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 16 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: