More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 09:39:43

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  The Armory
| | |-+  Macro Control: Macrotastics
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Macro Control: Macrotastics  (Read 444043 times)
akatonbo
Lipless Loser

a red dragonfly

View Profile WWW
Re: Macro Control: Macrotastics
« Reply #300 on: 2008 November 08, 01:30:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Would it be possible for you to actually make an object (like a mostly-invisible -- or invisible-recolored -- rug, or maybe even one colored by some enterprising soul to look like a yoga/exercise mat) that could be used to mark a designated indoor open space for activities that need space like that, to be used preferentially if present?

Troubleshooting info: all EPs and SPs, most hacks Awesome but some not, no inTeen.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #301 on: 2008 November 08, 03:29:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, but I haven't.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
cassblonde
Exasperating Eyesore

Lazy Lurker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #302 on: 2008 November 10, 11:33:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Macro>Clean is locking up on me - My sims want to clean the other apartments as well as their own. Now this may be a conflict but I was wondering if anyone else is seeing the?

Cass Smiley

I'm an apathetic sociopath, I'd kill you if I cared.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #303 on: 2008 November 10, 12:03:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Noted. Does this happen only when you have "unblacked" those apartments, or even if they are blacked out?

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
cassblonde
Exasperating Eyesore

Lazy Lurker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #304 on: 2008 November 10, 12:12:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This happens when the other apartments are blacked out - they are tying to clean up some dumped garbage in the apartment next to them.

Cass Smiley

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #305 on: 2008 November 10, 12:27:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This happens when the other apartments are blacked out - they are tying to clean up some dumped garbage in the apartment next to them.
Can't say I've seen this behavior, and, in fact, there is a check specifically preventing it. Why is there garbage in a blacked out neighboring apartment, anyway?

cassblonde
Exasperating Eyesore

Lazy Lurker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #306 on: 2008 November 10, 13:28:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think I interrupted the landlord and he dumped the trash there - I will keep looking for the problem then.

Cass Smiley

Magicmoon
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #307 on: 2008 November 10, 19:34:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I got this error with the latest Macrotastics.
« Last Edit: 2008 November 10, 22:36:07 by J. M. Pescado » Logged

Running: Sims2, University, Nightlife, OFB, Pets, Seasons, BV, FT and AL
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #308 on: 2008 November 10, 22:36:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Should be fixed now.

Gastfyr
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #309 on: 2008 November 11, 17:40:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My Sims that don't have exercise equipment run outside to the mailbox and do yoga in the winter until they turn blue. I stop them and send them inside at that point because I don't know if they will stop on their own before freezing solid.  Once inside I have to manually tell them to jump rope or work out to the stereo or they will just run back outside again.
My sims had no body skill, so they couldn't do yoga.  The "gain body skill" just dropps out of thier cue and they stand around doing nothing.   Tongue

TS3: it's really cool if you don't look too closely! - bottles
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #310 on: 2008 November 11, 20:21:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My sims had no body skill, so they couldn't do yoga.  The "gain body skill" just dropps out of thier cue and they stand around doing nothing.   Tongue
[/quote]

Do they have a TV with enough space around it to 'work out'?  Macrotastics will usually push that on sims with low body skills and no exercise machines around.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Gastfyr
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #311 on: 2008 November 12, 21:47:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do they have a TV with enough space around it to 'work out'?  Macrotastics will usually push that on sims with low body skills and no exercise machines around.

Nah, they didn't have a TV.  I'll have to keep that in mind.  They did have a sterio they could have "worked out" at, but it was a custom mesh, so macrotastics didn't recognize it?  Odd, though, Skillinate->Logic made my sim play chess at a chess table that used a custom mesh.  Maybe there simply wasn't room to work out by the sterio; the house is rather croweded.

jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #312 on: 2008 November 12, 22:23:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It also depends on how the object in question was made -- if it was cloned from a game object, and has the same or similar identifiers, Skillinator can find it.  "Work out" does require a lot of room, though, so that may be why they didn't use the stereo (though I'm not sure they ever do use the stereo).

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
PirateFaafy
Horrible Halfwit

INTJ and a bouble

View Profile
« Reply #313 on: 2008 December 13, 15:11:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I apologize for necromancy, but I've been told that when having a problem with a mod, one should post within the mod's thread. So, I apologize if this is not what I should be doing.

Anyways, I have been having some trouble with using Logic skillination. I have the expensive telescope in the house, which has the highest base rate out of all Logic-builders (aside from the Biotech station, but we all know that it's crap uninstructed), yet it will drop out of their queue or sometimes simply flash up in the corner and cause horrendous lag. I will then place an indoor chess table and they'll use that just fine. Is it because the telescope is outside? I thought that freezing was a non-issue, and the chances of abduction were negligible. It also won't use it if it's on the top story, inside, next to a large window.

Also, Body has been a bit irritating because I sometimes put coffee tables in the living room and it prevents anyone from working out at the television or stereo. Is there any chance that this could be replaced by either jumping rope or an Instructor with the Impart Knowledge FT Benefit and sufficient body skill? (I've always wondered why Impart Knowledge has a base rate of 200. Borken in my opinion.)

Finally, there is also the flashing-and-lag issue with a Sim who has no cooking skill and no food in the house trying to Macro...Eat while skillinating. It seems to drop and then queue itself up again repeatedly. There were other Sims in the house with 10 cooking - I ended up having to kill the skillinator, serve a few platters, and then turning it back on while cooking some Baked Alaska. (Does anyone know the HungerRate:CookTime ratio for Baked Alaska vs. FT platters? I've found that though the cheese platter seems to be slow, chip and appetizer platters seem to fill hunger fairly quickly with zero cooking time.)

I will fuck up your face in Denmark! COME! you also seem to be a flock of crapped nerds! COME! [...] That one goes to all of those retarrds that pretend to be a non-fag and yet suck my balls
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #314 on: 2008 December 13, 16:40:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Odd. Macro-Eat should function without cooking skills now, since it dynamically calculates the food list now. As for the telescope, no idea. Will look into it. Note that the telescope can only be used at night.

PirateFaafy
Horrible Halfwit

INTJ and a bouble

View Profile
« Reply #315 on: 2008 December 13, 23:29:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ah, that telescope thing makes sense. I guess it would cause a lot of queue stomping to get smacked every two seconds. May I request that this be overridden if the telescope is indoors, though? I usually lock the door to the telescope room during the day so that this doesn't occur. It's rather funny to see someone break into your house and run up two flights of stairs, only to sit there stomping at the door. (It could also detect for APO, if telescope buggers are in the "annoying" category.)

As for dynamically calculating the food list, does this mean that it takes into account custom foodstuffs? Ice Cream from MTS2 can be made with no cooking skill, instantly, and isn't too shabby on the hunger-filling rate, especially for something with no cook time and skill required. But, I suppose that would involve scanning each food for routines about cooking, and such.

I will fuck up your face in Denmark! COME! you also seem to be a flock of crapped nerds! COME! [...] That one goes to all of those retarrds that pretend to be a non-fag and yet suck my balls
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #316 on: 2008 December 14, 12:26:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Custom foodstuffs will probably be recognized, but there is no telling how well-made they are. They could work flawlessly, if well-made, or completely foul the works, if poorly made.

rufio
Non-Standard
Uncouth Undesirable

More Nonstandard Than You

View Profile WWW
« Reply #317 on: 2009 January 09, 04:16:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Would it be possible to make an Awesome version of EAxis Do Chores so that I can let my servos run completely autonomously and trust that they will automagically take care of all the cleaning, gardening, and repairing (with the exception of the shower) that might need to be done in a thorough and systematic macrotastics-like way?

I was thinking about these things and I am a feminist.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #318 on: 2009 January 09, 04:29:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Doesn't Macro Be Janitor already exist?

rufio
Non-Standard
Uncouth Undesirable

More Nonstandard Than You

View Profile WWW
« Reply #319 on: 2009 January 09, 04:43:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Only on business lots, it seems.  Does that cover gardening?  It probably doesn't cover produce-growing, right, since there's already Be Farmer.

ETA:  The main issue I have is that the servo gets done Macro->Cleaning and Macro->Gardening, and then goes and sits down and watches TV or goes to harrass the baby or goes to cheat on its owner with her spouse or something instead of waiting obediently for more chores to become available, as a good servile robot should.
« Last Edit: 2009 January 09, 04:50:37 by rufio » Logged

I was thinking about these things and I am a feminist.

Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #320 on: 2009 January 09, 05:56:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Power Idle?

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Gastfyr
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #321 on: 2009 January 10, 23:09:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What I would really love is to be able to target a pet with "Macro->Socialize->Friendly".   Cheesy

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #322 on: 2009 January 11, 03:17:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A: Pets don't have enough socials to form a loop.
B: Pets don't have a pluginglobal hook.

The first issue thus means any attempt to form a social-loop out of Pets is auto-fail, so pets can only be prodded in isolated sessions, the second requires overriding a major pie menu.

Gastfyr
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #323 on: 2009 January 11, 09:21:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ah, I see.  I will then continue to prod my pets in isolated sessions.

Exiled
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #324 on: 2009 January 23, 01:55:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Two things.

I use SimWardrobe Auto Bill Payer.  No problems so far, except on one house I get the Macro Pay Bills option but every time I click that option, Sims just open the mailbox, reach in, pull nothing out.  Option doesn't go away.

Also, Mortimer just died, and whenever i tell Cassandra or Alex to Macro Kick Stuff, they sometimes kick his grave.  They did it at least twice and Cassandra's husband never had the urge to kick the grave, so I'm thinking it's a family thing?
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: