More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 28, 10:38:08

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  The Armory
| | |-+  Macro Control: Macrotastics
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 16 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Macro Control: Macrotastics  (Read 448450 times)
EsotericPolarBear
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
Re: Macro Control: Macrotastics
« Reply #150 on: 2008 April 16, 16:46:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was referring to jolrei, not you.

Back on semi-point, it would be nice to see limited macro functions on NPCs...but that might chew up too much processor power since it'd have to constantly squash stupid free-will decisions.  I guess what I'd really be asking for at this point would be total AI overhaul, which is not even remotely the same as macrotastics, so I'll shut up now.
jjsy
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #151 on: 2008 April 18, 02:06:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Back to the coffee issue (sorry if I'm breaking any moods here)

I haven't used caffeinate since OFB (I know, not possible in real life, but in real life, I don't have FWS alarm clock to manage my energy bars).  I remembered the reason for me going off it is that I noticed that coffee seems to have a sort of addiction factor.  It is most effective when a sim who had not drink coffee for a long time drinks it, but the energy gained per subsequent cup gets less and less and less.  until caffeinate prob wastes more energy than it takes in (since bathroom activity has to be included).

Maybe somebody could affirm, dispute this?

All in all, I think it is still good for the emergency pump up, but it cannot be sustained (yeah, it would have made visits to com lots potentially never-ending.... prob some way to sleep in com lot will be better?)

regards
EsotericPolarBear
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #152 on: 2008 April 18, 02:09:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

my only problem with caffeinate is that my employees all inevitably need energy at the exact same time and my store goes without anyone on the floor for hours.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #153 on: 2008 April 18, 02:14:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I suggest you stagger your employee summations or hire redundant employees to prevent this. BRY already tends to more aggressively maintain energy levels on jobs that must be constantly manned if the employee is idle.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
EsotericPolarBear
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #154 on: 2008 April 18, 02:21:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, I wasn't implying that it wasn't my fault. Tongue

Although it would be nice to be able to set up a schedule macro >.>

Really, I should just close up shop when that happens and then go home, it's too easy to make money otherwise. 

Limits!  Gotta have limits!
EsotericPolarBear
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #155 on: 2008 April 19, 15:52:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmmm...power idle doesn't seem to be seeking out couches and chairs on idle sims anymore.  They just stand in place until their comfort bottoms out.  Also, trying to hobbinate while already in motive failure causes a repeating cycle of attempting hobby and whining about the motives.
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #156 on: 2008 April 19, 15:59:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmmm...power idle doesn't seem to be seeking out couches and chairs on idle sims anymore.  They just stand in place until their comfort bottoms out.  Also, trying to hobbinate while already in motive failure causes a repeating cycle of attempting hobby and whining about the motives.

I noticed they don't sit either, but as I tend to make them hobbinate when all tasks are finished it isn't such a big deal.

EsotericPolarBear
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #157 on: 2008 April 19, 16:05:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I mispoke....it's not motive failure that's the problem with hobbinate, it's mood failure.  When they get in a bad mood, it just keeps repeating the hobby attempt.

It'd be nice if they'd just go sit in a corner until you have time to deal with them when that happens instead of spamming you with "I'm in a BAD MOOD"

also, hobbinate seems to be ignoring comfort failure as well.
« Last Edit: 2008 April 19, 16:11:27 by EsotericPolarBear » Logged
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #158 on: 2008 April 19, 16:09:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You can't have all the macro-stuff you need on-lot. Either that or they can't get to a phone to auto-call friends because it is either ringing or being used by another sim. My sims take care of their needs, phone friends and clean the house before hobbinating.

EsotericPolarBear
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #159 on: 2008 April 19, 16:14:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You can't have all the macro-stuff you need on-lot. Either that or they can't get to a phone to auto-call friends because it is either ringing or being used by another sim. My sims take care of their needs, phone friends and clean the house before hobbinating.

Just made a house with a single sim, a phone, a couch, a cheat, an espresso machine, fridge and bathroom.  All motives except social can be addressed, but for some reason, the macros are ignoring comfort...or just not seeing the couch..and I've tried several different couches and chairs, as well as a bed.

Before I re-installed the game to get a clean install, the macros would send sims to a couch, chair or bed to cure comfort...now they're not.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #160 on: 2008 April 19, 16:16:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I mispoke....it's not motive failure that's the problem with hobbinate, it's mood failure.  When they get in a bad mood, it just keeps repeating the hobby attempt.
This has been a documented issue with the computer. I have added a fix for that in the latest version, so it will not attempt that action.

All motives except social can be addressed, but for some reason, the macros are ignoring comfort...or just not seeing the couch..and I've tried several different couches and chairs, as well as a bed.

Before I re-installed the game to get a clean install, the macros would send sims to a couch, chair or bed to cure comfort...now they're not.
I will look into the matter, although comfort is not typically a motive condition that is normally encountered in my game, as it tends to be passively addressed by normal activity. Consider selecting a different furniture layout to avoid this particular condition, given that Macrotastics does not pay a great deal attention to it as it is not a condition I normally encounter.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #161 on: 2008 April 19, 17:12:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just made a house with a single sim, a phone, a couch, a cheat, an espresso machine, fridge and bathroom.  All motives except social can be addressed, but for some reason, the macros are ignoring comfort...or just not seeing the couch..and I've tried several different couches and chairs, as well as a bed.

Weird.

This has been a documented issue with the computer. I have added a fix for that in the latest version, so it will not attempt that action.

This has only happened with my pregnant sims, unless they are platinum. (not perma-plat though)

EsotericPolarBear
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #162 on: 2008 April 19, 18:54:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Weird.

Murphy's Law is in full effect for anything that touches me.
floopyboo
The Biter
Pinheaded Pissant

Back by popular demand!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #163 on: 2008 April 26, 11:32:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A problem with macro/creativity & the shiny expensive computer, to wit, I keep getting a move-out screen instead of the novel design screen when using the gain creativity macro.

I removed all computer-related hacks to test it out, then tested said computer type by clicking on it & selecting 'write novel' and the novel design screen came up as usual.

I do have the buyable humble computer/anti-humble hack combo.

I have the skillinator updated 12 April 08 & the macrotastics updated 31 March 08.

I also have limited wrist-strength for play-testing so if you need more information, please be very specific.

http://bigbrotherlawndale.deviantart.com/

The awesomest thing on the internet.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #164 on: 2008 April 26, 19:34:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The novel option shouldn't even be appearing under FT, due to dialog interruptions.

talysman
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #165 on: 2008 May 25, 23:58:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a feature request, either for Macrotastics or the bed controller. If you have both, Macro -> Go To Bed is available, which is great... however, unlike Macro -> Use Bathroom (available with BUY) or Macro -> Clean (standard Macrotastics feature,) "Go To Bed" doesn't use ninja teleport, if it's available. Any particular reason? Seems like a logical choice for Macrotastics, since it saves a step.
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #166 on: 2008 May 26, 07:02:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Doesn't it? I'm sure mine teleport to bed when they can.

talysman
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #167 on: 2008 May 26, 17:29:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I played it only an hour or two before posting that, and they didn't seem to teleport for that macro. Sim would teleport to toilet, empty bladder quickly, then run upstairs. But I have another sim w/ ninja teleport coming up in my rotation, so I'll try it out again. I'll also check various settings. Maybe they only teleport to bed when the bed nazi sends them to bed, not Macrotastics?

Edit: Confirmed. Macro -> Go To Bed does not use ninja teleport, nor does Bed Time -> On; in the latter case, when the btime clock queues up Go To Bed, the sim runs to the bedroom, never teleports.

I suppose this may be a technical problem. I notice that Macro -> Clean has the sim teleport to dirty toilets and showers, but doesn't use teleport for everything. Presumably, there's no way to "find" the area around certain items, like dirty counters or the FFS Alarm Clock, so there's no way to teleport to the nearest location.
« Last Edit: 2008 May 26, 21:36:24 by talysman » Logged
Cappuccino
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #168 on: 2008 May 26, 22:19:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

^ You said that the sim "runs upstairs" to the bed, maybe that's the problem? Can sims ninja-teleport to other floors or only to the level they're currently in?

I once had a tower where the highest level didn't have any stairs or other way for sims to get to (it was supposed to be a witch's hidden chamber where her books and altars were, and she could teleport there using the meditate-teleport) and I'm sure they couldn't ninja-teleport there. Or is it that they will teleport only to places normally available by walking there? Cause then they won't be able to cross a river without a bridge that way either, I haven't checked that.

Dive in!
talysman
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #169 on: 2008 May 27, 04:46:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't know if that's true, but it's not the problem. They can ninja teleport to the bedroom if I do it manually. They can ninja teleport from the bedroom to the bathroom downstairs automatically. They just can't ninja teleport automatically to the bedroom.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #170 on: 2008 June 22, 23:32:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pesc,

Noticed a weirdness in the skillinator tonight.  When a sim is on macro/skillinator/cooking and they have the 'Tube in Wood Paneling' that came with FT, they keep turning the TV on and off, like they develop a sudden case of ADHD. Doesn't happen with any other TVs, as far as I can tell. Seems a rather inefficient way to skill, eh?
« Last Edit: 2008 June 23, 01:30:55 by jsalemi » Logged

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #171 on: 2008 June 23, 07:52:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Edit: Confirmed. Macro -> Go To Bed does not use ninja teleport, nor does Bed Time -> On; in the latter case, when the btime clock queues up Go To Bed, the sim runs to the bedroom, never teleports.
No, more like the FFS Alarm Clock's navigational routines are based on slightly older code and does not need the teleport routine, as I already let sims run there. I figure lazy sims would at least show some enthusiasm in performing their favorite act of laziness.

Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #172 on: 2008 June 24, 21:59:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pescado, I've noticed that the Sleepclock is causing College Rampage to drop out of queue. I've noticed it overriding other stuff too in residential non-uni lots such as cooking...the sims just drop the unprepared meal and race off to bed. I have the Sleepclock bedtime set to 'max', is that what is causing it?

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #173 on: 2008 June 24, 23:57:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Max sorta means "Now", yes.

Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #174 on: 2008 June 25, 05:16:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, makes sense. Funny I haven't seen it override till now though.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 16 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: