More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 29, 06:21:03

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Need Help
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Need Help  (Read 7849 times)
CLmeow
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
Need Help
« on: 2011 August 08, 14:43:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Since the game came out, I have run the game with custom content with little trouble.  I am good at searching out and solving problems on my own usually.  Now I have a problem laptop (am getting a new one) and I had to reload the Sims, and am just running the base game and only a little of the custom content I had before and awesome mod and a few other mods I can't live without.  The trouble is, it's been so long, I can't recall how to install all the mods to get the custom content to work.  I searched MOAR, then moar again.  I went to mod the sims and looked there, but it's out of date and the wiki was of NO help.  I found some help here, and then decided to just put the Resource file and the d3dx9_31 files in all the places I could think of putting them.  I then ran the game to test it.  OOPS
The 3booter suddenly went into a loop that I could stop only by forcing a shutdown of the laptop.  Not good at all.  I tried other ways before that believe me.  What do I do now?  What did I do wrong?  What did I put in the wrong place to cause that?  I feel really stupid.  I have spent three hours searching for the simple instructions I know are out here, and all I have found are the ones at Mod the Sims that were of no help.  Well, that is not entirely true, I did find some here that were somewhat helpful, some people here had problems that gave me some ideas of what to try, but when I tried it it did not help.
Anyway, please, if you would, help me with this problem.  It's probably a simple one and I am probably being dumb.

Cats don't hunt seals. They would if they knew what they were and where to find them. But they don't, so that's all right. - Terry Pratchett
Cats instinctively know the exact moment their owners will wake up. Then they wake them 10 minutes sooner.
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
Re: Need Help
« Reply #1 on: 2011 August 08, 15:16:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's your avatar.  Your laptop suspects you might be a furry, and doesn't want a bunch of sims with retarded cat ears and fox tails running around unchecked.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
kissing_toast
Retarded Reprobate

AIDE to Jezzers

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2011 August 08, 15:36:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Search harder you must. MTS is not out of date, the tutorial there pretty much holds your hand through out the entire process.

Cupcakes Taste Like Violence,KT_StoreFix

It's like a bowl of oranges, only one orange, is an orange of DOOM!
Naiad
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2011 August 08, 17:23:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

1. Delete any and all files you placed after installing the game except for the CC itself. That means the dll and resource files. PATCH THE GAME.
2. As was stated, MTS is not out of date. Follow their tutorials. Do nothing but what the tutorial tells you to do. Believe me, it works. That I managed to get it to work is proof enough of that.
3. Make sure the resource file is correct.

Protip:
1. State your PC OS if you expect help.
2. Search more.
CLmeow
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2011 August 09, 07:08:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

First of all, my avatar was chosen because my name is CLmeow, CL standing for Cat Lady, and that chosen because I have cats, not because I have furry sims.  Sims with ears and tails?  YUCK!  I thought it was fitting for me.  A cat shaped lady.  I think it's time to change it.
Now down to business.  My laptop runs Vista.  32 bit os, 3 gig ram.  I have run all the current Sims 3 stuff packs and expansions up to Generations (have not bought that one yet) with little trouble till recently.  Now the laptop is dying.  The motherboard is losing the link to the screen and the only way to fix it they say is the replace the motherboard, so i am getting a new laptop.  This is not the only trouble I am having.  I also lost the ability to play the Sims.  I had to uninstall all Eps and have reinstalled only the base game as I said above.
I have followed instructions I was given and have removed all the dll and resource files from every place I put them, patched the game fully, and as I had already followed the instructions at MTS that were unhelpful, I am at a loss as to what to do now.  The resource file is correct.  It is the newest one to be had at MTS.
The hugest problem I have at present is 3booter.  I just had a thought though.  I will redownload it and try it once more.  It keeps going in circles instead of booting the game.  The game does not launch, instead it brings up the black 3booter box, then the screen goes black as it should to launch The Sims, then it crashes and then 3booter lauches again.  What on earth could be causing that?  If somehow I corrupted 3booter, it will fix it if I redownload it.  Will be right back.

Edit: I downloaded 3booter anew and still the same, no launch of the game, just a circle.  I hate leaving the damned disc in my drive which is why I use the boot and refuse to use the stinking launcher, so gotta get it working.  Can't test the CC to see if it's working yet it the game won't launch!  I had followed the instructions at MTS before and my CC would not work before which is why I came here for help for what I had missed.  I am usually good at following instructions and it takes a lot before I resort to asking for help.  And thank you for the advice so far given.

Edit 2: it very well could be the dying computer that is causing the troubles.  What gives me hope is the fact that I can run other games on it still with little problems, like Perfect World, and Star Wars Galaxies.  I know they are not that like the Sims.  I also run other games.  I have games I downloaded for a 6 year old to play.  They run ok still also.  The reason I want to get this one to run is so she can play it while we grownups talk when I am visiting her parents.  I know I may fail, it is a dying laptop, but I have hope.  I'll put in the cd and see if I can get the CC to work if the game will launch with the stinking launcher.
« Last Edit: 2011 August 09, 10:03:11 by CLmeow » Logged

Cats don't hunt seals. They would if they knew what they were and where to find them. But they don't, so that's all right. - Terry Pratchett
Cats instinctively know the exact moment their owners will wake up. Then they wake them 10 minutes sooner.
Grimma
Grammar Police

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2011 August 09, 07:42:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

First of all, my avatar was chosen because my name is CLmeow, CL standing for Cat Lady, and that chosen because I have cats, not because I have furry sims.  Sims with ears and tails?  YUCK!  I thought it was fitting for me.  A cat shaped lady.  I think it's time to change it.
Now down to business.  My laptop runs Vista.  32 bit os, 3 gig ram.  I have run all the current Sims 3 stuff packs and expansions up to Generations (have not bought that one yet) with little trouble till recently.  Now the laptop is dying.  The motherboard is losing the link to the screen and the only way to fix it they say is the replace the motherboard, so i am getting a new laptop.  This is not the only trouble I am having.  I also lost the ability to play the Sims.  I had to uninstall all Eps and have reinstalled only the base game as I said above.
I have followed instructions I was given and have removed all the dll and resource files from every place I put them, patched the game fully, and as I had already followed the instructions at MTS that were unhelpful, I am at a loss as to what to do now.  The resource file is correct.  It is the newest one to be had at MTS.
The hugest problem I have at present is 3booter.  I just had a thought though.  I will redownload it and try it once more.  It keeps going in circles instead of booting the game.  The game does not launch, instead it brings up the black 3booter box, then the screen goes black as it should to launch The Sims, then it crashes and then 3booter lauches again.  What on earth could be causing that?  If somehow I corrupted 3booter, it will fix it if I redownload it.  Will be right back.

Edit: I downloaded 3booter anew and still the same, no launch of the game, just a circle.  I hate leaving the damned disc in my drive which is why I use the boot and refuse to use the stinking launcher, so gotta get it working.  Can't test the CC to see if it's working yet it the game won't launch!  I had followed the instructions at MTS before and my CC would not work before which is why I came here for help for what I had missed.  I am usually good at following instructions and it takes a lot before I resort to asking for help.  And thank you for the advice so far given.

Huh Have you googled "furry"? Coz I hate to break it to ya, but you're making yourself look MORE like one, not less.

Also, your hardware problems already sound comprehensive, are you sure that's not where the problem lies?

WARNING:PMs may be published if it contains butthurt or sporking which belong on the boards. And if I feel like it
unknownlUser
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2011 August 09, 09:08:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You're still trying to force a dying laptop to play Sims 3? And the issue is with the resource.cfg not recognizing CC? There's something really wrong with this picture.

Hate to be lying on my deathbed on your watch!
Naiad
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2011 August 09, 10:54:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Have you tried with fewer EPs/SPs installed?
I mean, windows 7, when I'm running sims 3 with all EPs and no SPs, reports that 4GB of RAM are being used, it's probable than you have too little RAM there, especially since that's VISTA.

However, you laptop is dying, and you're forcing it to run vista. Do not expect it to also run TS3, especially with a top of EPs/SPs on top.
kissing_toast
Retarded Reprobate

AIDE to Jezzers

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2011 August 09, 17:04:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well I suppose the only other things I can suggest is to make sure your game is fully patched, make sure you're putting the mods folder and cfg in your documents not program files, and make sure 3booter and FPS limiter is going into the base game directory.

Cupcakes Taste Like Violence,KT_StoreFix

It's like a bowl of oranges, only one orange, is an orange of DOOM!
CLmeow
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2011 August 10, 05:47:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Have you tried with fewer EPs/SPs installed?
I mean, windows 7, when I'm running sims 3 with all EPs and no SPs, reports that 4GB of RAM are being used, it's probable than you have too little RAM there, especially since that's VISTA.

However, you laptop is dying, and you're forcing it to run vista. Do not expect it to also run TS3, especially with a top of EPs/SPs on top.

I am running ONLY the base game, as I said above.  I think my laptop can only handle that right now.  I am also only trying to run CC so I can have awesomemod and a very very few other mods I can't live without.  NO clothing or furniture CC, NO hair CC.

Eeyore
Garrulous Gimp

Beware donkey poo.

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2011 August 10, 13:27:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

and then decided to just put the Resource file and the d3dx9_31 files in all the places I could think of putting them.

Are you, by chance, trying to use both the old and new framework simultaneously?
« Last Edit: 2011 August 10, 14:33:25 by Eeyore » Logged

"[M]embers of MATY do not realize how badly they are perceived by society, and that people are secretly mocking them in silence." -- cwurtz
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2011 August 10, 20:17:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

and then decided to just put the Resource file and the d3dx9_31 files in all the places I could think of putting them.

Are you, by chance, trying to use both the old and new framework simultaneously?

Actually, even that shouldn't cause an issue. I still have the .dll and old framework in most of the core folders. Even after the mod folder was added to the user files, that was the only way I could get the game to load without throwing up "Wher R CD?" and shutting down or doing the loading bar freeze issue with AM. I have no idea why it was such an issue.

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
http://www.mediafire.com/?ng20de0zmly
CLmeow
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2011 August 11, 04:41:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I put in the CD and ran the game from the stinking launcher.  The CC ran just fine.  Now my only problem is the 3booter not working right.  It's cycling and not launching right.  I'll close all other programs running and start it one more time (closing all the other programs just in case I have to force a shutdown again).  Will get back to you on this.

Edit: When I launched from the game launcher, it updated, even though when I loaded the game it updated and supposedly finished and was updated fully (the liar).  I then launched and ran the game.  I have the items from MTS that tests the CC, the no movie and the no build sparkles.  When no movie showed up I knew it was working finally (big grin).  Just now I tested 3booter.  After a pause, it actually worked!  No more loops.  I am not sure what was going on, but you were right, the game needed to be patched, and now all is well.  On the 18th I get a new laptop that will have a lot more RAM and a lot more power.  There will be no more problems then I hope.
Thank you all for all the help.
The Cat Lady Meow
« Last Edit: 2011 August 11, 04:54:24 by CLmeow » Logged

CLmeow
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
Re: No longer need help but same topic
« Reply #13 on: 2011 October 16, 05:24:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I found out the d3dx9_31 file is no longer needed to run .package files.  Just wanted everyone to know this.

jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
Re: No longer need help but same topic
« Reply #14 on: 2011 October 16, 05:37:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I found out the d3dx9_31 file is no longer needed to run .package files.

No shit, Master Sleuth.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: