More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 11:31:49

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Photography skill and camera bug
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Photography skill and camera bug  (Read 3642 times)
virgali
Malodorous Moron

Do you see a midget Hitler?!

View Profile
Photography skill and camera bug
« on: 2011 September 26, 06:44:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When my sim takes a picture she gets "stuck", I hear the noise of a failed photograph and the action icon stays on the screen and doesn't go away no matter what. No matter how bad she needs to eat or pee she can't do a thing. So I did a search and found out that if you delete certain cache files you can "fix" this issue.

I did some testing and everything was going fine. The camera was recognizing objects again and she took pictures without getting stuck. I didn't let her use the camera for a couple of sim days after that so I was very surprised when I noticed it sitting in the family inventory. It's been stuck in there ever since. I can't take it out, I can't sell it. When I click on sell everything the camera doesn't get sold.

So far I found a couple of posts complaining about the same thing but nobody knows a solution. Some people said it was caused by AM, a few others insisted this isn't the case. I don't use AM so it can't be AM. I recently did a clean re-install and I'm playing almost mod-less.

Does anybody know more about this issue and what I have to do to fix it?

Do you need someone to organize your sock drawer?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Photography skill and camera bug
« Reply #1 on: 2011 September 26, 11:51:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Try patching the various expansions.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
virgali
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2011 September 26, 15:41:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As far as I know everything is fully patched. I'll try to re-patch manually and see what happens. I was lazy and just grabbed the big accumulative patching file thingy I figured that in theory it shouldn't make any difference.

ETA: I checked the SKU versions and indeed only the base game and Generations were up to date. I got them all patched now and will test in game shortly. Well, the camera is still stuck, so I guess the patches didn't fix that. Hopefully they'll prevent it from happening again.

Final edit: I sent my sim to China and the camera is now unstuck.
« Last Edit: 2011 September 27, 00:48:22 by virgali » Logged

Lord Darcy
Obtuse Oaf

The owls are not what they seem.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2011 October 13, 14:03:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do cameras work in your game even when one of your Sims has an opportunity?

Ever since Generations came out, I gave up on Photography skill altogether. Subsequent patches never fixed it. Applying all previous EP patches didn't help either. Sometimes travelling or buying a new one unstick cameras, but only if no Sim has an opportunity.

virgali
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2011 October 13, 15:01:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

To be honest I haven't used the camera since I got it unstuck, I just didn't want to to risk it. I've heard that sims that have the interior designer job have a much higher chance of triggering the bug and at the time my sim was an interior designer. I do have teen that has some photography skill already because of her after school activities so I might let her use the camera and see what happens. That won't happen any time soon though since I'm mainly preparing my families for the pets ep.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: