More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 25, 07:53:58

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  [Req] WALK if Sim is just going to the next lot AND came via taxi
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: [Req] WALK if Sim is just going to the next lot AND came via taxi  (Read 2835 times)
PanSola
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
[Req] WALK if Sim is just going to the next lot AND came via taxi
« on: 2005 November 29, 00:19:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I find it absolutely ridiculous that, if I go to a lot via Taxi, and want to go to the lot right next to the current one, I have to wait for an hour of taxi...

If I drove here, then it makes sense to also move my car over, so driving to next lot makes sense.

But even a super Lazy zombie sim can walk to the adjacent lot within 30 minutes, so why wait for taxi that takes an hour to get here?  Good thing taxi are free...
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: [Req] WALK if Sim is just going to the next lot AND came via taxi
« Reply #1 on: 2005 November 29, 00:56:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Because the internals of the game actually have no concept of "locality". There's no way for the game to identify distance to another lot. As far as the game is concerned, another lot may as well be on an entirely different planet.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
PanSola
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2005 November 29, 01:23:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmm, Nightlife's game options has some radius thing, I guess the BHAVs can't tap into that?

How about just generically "If lot changing is via clicking on neighbors, walk" and players set the radius to minimal, or only click on adjacent ones.  Would that be doable, or is neighbor-clicking still beyone the grasps of BHAVs?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005 November 29, 01:31:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Neighbor-clicking is hardcode-based and not dependent on BHAVs at all.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: