More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 12:07:40

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  Possible AwesomeMod Issues
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Possible AwesomeMod Issues  (Read 16155 times)
ILikeChocolateMilk
Asinine Airhead

I like choklit milk

View Profile
Possible AwesomeMod Issues
« on: 2011 September 13, 19:36:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There are a couple of things that I have noticed since installing Town Life. I have of course tried un-installing and re-installing to see if that has changed anything, but that hasn't. The issues experienced are:
  • disappearing toddlers if made in CAS as part of a family, but not if they were born after being moved in
  • missing bookcases after playing around a bit
  • children and teenagers are not going to school,and are therefore failing every time I switch households
  • sometimes (not all the time or as consistent with the children/teens not going to school) adults, young adults and elders are not going to work
The "not going to work thing", again is not a consistent thing. Some families are going to work sometimes. Some of them are a level above what I left them at as far as their job/promotions are concerned. And others have either had the status of "unemployed" or are on the verge of being fired.

I don't know where this all is coming in at. I have tried playing without AwesomeMod to see if I can reproduce these issues and I have not been able to, so I suppose it is safe to assume that it is an AwesomeMod issue. If someone can offer a solution it would be much appreciated.

If you look in the mirror and dislike what you see, simply get plastic surgery. BWAH HA HA HA HAA!!
Tever
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
Re: Possible AwesomeMod Issues
« Reply #1 on: 2011 September 13, 21:46:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If it was an AM issue, other people would have the same problem. Either you installed something wrong, you have a mod conflict, or something stupid happened somewhere else, like bad CC.
wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2011 September 14, 03:08:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If it was that bad, there would be people screaming about it everywhere.  What makes you such a special snowflake that you couldn't bring it up in the appropriate thread?  If you really believed it is an AM bug, then it should have gone in the fucking AM bug report thread, which also makes it easier to monitor problems, both real and imaginary by following one thread, not hundreds of different threads because the special snowflakes have some innate desire to start new threads all the fucking time.

I am not a complete idiot, some of the parts are missing.
ILikeChocolateMilk
Asinine Airhead

I like choklit milk

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2011 September 15, 13:44:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I put it in a separate thread because I don't know what the cause is. I don't have any CC and the only mods installed are Anach's latest and AwesomeMod. There's not really anything that could be installed improperly because nothing has changed as far as new mods are concerned. The  only change is a replacement of old mods, Anach and Awesome, to their updated versions, which is the reason for the "Possible" in the subject of the thread. But thanks anyway, I didn't really expect anything short of flaming but I suppose there is no true harm is hoping for the best. A possible solution in my case would be what I was hoping for..... Grin

If you look in the mirror and dislike what you see, simply get plastic surgery. BWAH HA HA HA HAA!!
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2011 September 15, 14:57:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I put it in a separate thread because I don't know what the cause is. I don't have any CC and the only mods installed are Anach's latest and AwesomeMod. There's not really anything that could be installed improperly because nothing has changed as far as new mods are concerned. The  only change is a replacement of old mods, Anach and Awesome, to their updated versions, which is the reason for the "Possible" in the subject of the thread. But thanks anyway, I didn't really expect anything short of flaming but I suppose there is no true harm is hoping for the best. A possible solution in my case would be what I was hoping for..... Grin

There is no solution in your case.  Speshul snowflakedom is thankfully terminal.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
Eeyore
Garrulous Gimp

Beware donkey poo.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2011 September 15, 15:09:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There are a couple of things that I have noticed since installing Town Life.
The  only change is a replacement of old mods, Anach and Awesome, to their updated versions
A solution may lie within your contradiction. Search more and post in the appropriate thread.

"[M]embers of MATY do not realize how badly they are perceived by society, and that people are secretly mocking them in silence." -- cwurtz
ILikeChocolateMilk
Asinine Airhead

I like choklit milk

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2011 September 16, 15:06:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have already said that I tried un-installing Town Life to see if that indeed caused the problem. The problems persisted after removing Town Life. Also, because Tever was talking about mod conflict and bad cc, I continued with mod conflict and bad cc.
If it was an AM issue, other people would have the same problem. Either you installed something wrong, you have a mod conflict, or something stupid happened somewhere else, like bad CC.
Therefore:
The  only change is a replacement of old mods, Anach and Awesome, to their updated versions

Tever
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2011 September 18, 13:28:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did you try using AM without Anach's mods yet?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2011 September 18, 15:42:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

• sometimes (not all the time or as consistent with the children/teens not going to school) adults, young adults and elders are not going to work
Well, this is definitely an EAxian issue: The go-to-work alarms are known to malfunction in poorly maintained, gunked up neighborhoods and thus the entire town collapses slowly like this.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
ILikeChocolateMilk
Asinine Airhead

I like choklit milk

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2011 September 21, 15:12:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks Tever and J. M. Pescado. I have tried without Anach's mods and still the same. Other issues include whenever I switch households, whether the Awesome way or Edit Town way, inactive households loose their relationships. By this I mean husbands and wives are no longer husbands and wives. They don't even know each other despite living in the same household. Same thing for random people living together, they don't know each other. Luckily, the parent-to-child relationships stay the same and sibling-to-sibling stay the same. I think this may have something to do with the scriptcache.package file, although I've deleted it before numerous times without these issues, so that is the only thing I can think of to cause this, but again, I don't know.

Skadi
Mushroom Girl
Senator

Spiderkiller

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: 2011 September 23, 07:03:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nuke from orbit.

Or at least test in a new world, that way you know if your entire game is borked or just one world.

darkbard
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2011 October 20, 21:09:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks Tever and J. M. Pescado. I have tried without Anach's mods and still the same. Other issues include whenever I switch households, whether the Awesome way or Edit Town way, inactive households loose their relationships. By this I mean husbands and wives are no longer husbands and wives. They don't even know each other despite living in the same household. Same thing for random people living together, they don't know each other. Luckily, the parent-to-child relationships stay the same and sibling-to-sibling stay the same. I think this may have something to do with the scriptcache.package file, although I've deleted it before numerous times without these issues, so that is the only thing I can think of to cause this, but again, I don't know.

Umm at this point, if your game is that borked, I'd try uninstalling it completely and reinstalling everything except Town Life (and don't patch the 1.26 or install Pets, it is pretty FUBAR). Once you have everything installed fresh without Town Life, try using AM by itself and see if you can recreate the problems. I am pretty sure you won't be able to recreate these issues in a fresh TownLife-less and 1.26-less install with ONLY AM. The problems you are talking about are not due to AM (I am 95% certain of that, based on what you are saying).

Assuming AM is not the culprit, I would go ahead and install Town Life at this point, put AM in, and try to bork the game again, with only AM running. If you can't, then google up Twallan's Overwatch mod, which helps immensely in keeping neighborhoods clean and clutterless. EA's engine is pretty shitty and as ususal it's up to the modding community to fix their shit for them since they can't be bothered (witness, TSR has today released a mass-fix for borked CC from the Pets patch).

If you refuse to do a totally fresh re-install of the entire game (or you have already done so), I'd go get Twallan's Overwatch anyway and see if that cleans the neighborhood for you enough for AM and the engine to run properly.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: