More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 25, 21:46:35

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  The Armory
| | |-+  AutoYakYak Macro Phone Caller (10/25/06)
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 13 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: AutoYakYak Macro Phone Caller (10/25/06)  (Read 255137 times)
notveryawesome
Stupid Schlemiel

INTJ. I like putting hats on my avatar.

View Profile WWW
Re: AutoYakYak Macro Phone Caller (01/29/06)
« Reply #100 on: 2006 October 18, 23:15:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

On occasion when a sim hangs up from calling another sim the sim that was called is suddenly in the house standing by the phone and caller.

This happens on my Uni lots, but only when my sims use their cellphones to autonomously call other sims. When they hang up, the sim(s) they were talking to suddenly appear(s) on the front lawn. Often multiple sims make autonomous calls, spawning multiple spontaneous visitors. Sims without cellphones don't seem to have this problem. It's very strange.

Disclaimer: I am condescending, arrogant, pedantic, and have a foot-shaped mouth. I also like to throw stones from my glass house. Resemblance to any persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: 2006 October 18, 23:18:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The AutoYak is standalone and thus does not scan for any conflicts. It should work...but it is still untested.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
pcgeekri
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: 2006 October 18, 23:24:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pescado,

Sorry, I should have explained better.  The pie menu for Autoyak is not showing for cell or phones.  IE. no friends, family, or target menu.  And the date on the last modified is june 6, 2006.  Downloaded it again from the http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/ffs/ofb/hacks/ webpage. 

Thanks,

Pcgeekri
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: 2006 October 18, 23:41:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sorry, I should have explained better.  The pie menu for Autoyak is not showing for cell or phones.  IE. no friends, family, or target menu.  And the date on the last modified is june 6, 2006.  Downloaded it again from the http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/ffs/ofb/hacks/ webpage. 

I think it's the Phone Controller that generates that menu -- autoyak just keeps them talking on the phone until their str maxes out.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: 2006 October 19, 00:12:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pescado,

The options will not appear if there are no applicable choices, but I will keep an eye out for this...once I finish updating so I can attempt installing Pets.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
pcgeekri
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: 2006 October 19, 01:20:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pescado,

Yes there are applicable choices.  Example one relationship is tagged friends with an STR of 55.  There are others for this particular sim which he could make enemies.  Family should not be an option and therefore isn't displayed.

Later,

Pcgeekri
Karen
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: 2006 October 19, 01:46:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am having the same problem as pcgeekri.  Call...Friends, Call...Family, and Call...Targets are missing from the menu.  I'm using the latest version of the phonehack updated for Pets but it doesn't seem to help.  All of my households have plenty of friends, so it's not a question of there being no one to call. 

Karen
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: 2006 October 19, 08:47:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does this happen without the Phone Hack? I wonder if Pets did something really wonky to the phones, because I know they rearranged a ton of phone shit for no apparently logical reason.

Karen
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: 2006 October 19, 09:24:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does this happen without the Phone Hack? I wonder if Pets did something really wonky to the phones, because I know they rearranged a ton of phone shit for no apparently logical reason.

I took out the phonehack and phonehack_talk_module.  I still don't have Call...Friends/Family/Targets on the menu, either for cell phones or regular phones.

Karen

ETA:  I put the phonehack and its talk module back in.  Took out a bunch of non-MATY hacks and left autoyak in.  Still no Call...Family/Friends/Targets options on the phone.  I had my Sim call someone she had about 50/40 relationship with (using the new Call...Sim...Just to Talk option on the phone).  They were not friends when the call started.  She didn't hang up until they had a STR of 100.  So I would say the phonehack seems to be working fine, and it's the autoyak that's broken.
« Last Edit: 2006 October 19, 11:20:39 by karen » Logged
redmachine
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: 2006 October 19, 11:35:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm also having the the same problems described above.

Also, I'm seem to be getting the olde phone attack spam. Incessant phone calls for 2-4 hours a day. (Everytime you put the phone down it rings again).

I only have your Pets approved stuff in my downloads. (and TwoJeffs approved mods).

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: 2006 October 20, 00:24:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Confirmed that something wonky has been done to phones. All custom phone-call additions are currently broken. There does not appear to be an easy plug-in facility detected at present. Later updates soon.

Also, I'm seem to be getting the olde phone attack spam. Incessant phone calls for 2-4 hours a day. (Everytime you put the phone down it rings again).
This is with the Phone Hack? Because if you're getting incessant phone spam, just kill them off with "Set Ringer Off".

Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: 2006 October 20, 02:29:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Don't suppose there's any way we could get a phone hack lite that just shuts the ringer off but doesn't mess with the menus and other stuff, or is that even possible? I know Dizzy has one that mutes the actual sound, but you still see the animation and the damned sims still answer the phone.  Tongue

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: 2006 October 20, 07:10:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not sure what you're trying to say, there's not much to the phone hack beyond that, and actual bug fixes. Everything else in the Phone Hack is essentially necessary to some degree. Messing with "menus" is not really a part of it at all, other than the Headmaster Call Bug fix.

Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: 2006 October 20, 12:56:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmm, well I know it changes the way the taxi works and a bit and such. Oh well, was worth asking. I'll just play without phones in the houses for a bit.  Tongue

dizzy
Souped!

unplugged

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: 2006 October 20, 14:17:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Actually, the only phone hacks I did were a "call everyone" mode (which I don't support) and the "auto lateral" (which still works fine).

Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: 2006 October 20, 21:56:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh I meant Squinge, haha. Sorry. :O

pioupiou
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: 2006 October 21, 07:24:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

With the latest autoyak, I still don't have the call/friends option but call target is present : on my sim instead of on the phone (my sim doesn't have a cell phone) Is it normal ? (it works, when I instruct her to call/ target she walks to the phone)
Pioupiou
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: 2006 October 21, 07:58:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, we seem to have hit a stable release.

First, the few changes:: The Call X option will no longer appear on the regular phone, because Maxis has crippled phone plugins. The option will instead appear on your sim, either seamlessly with the rest of your cellphone call options, or by themselves if you lack a cellphone. Note that Macrotastics will be required if you lack a cellphone, as the Macro library is used to locate a regular phone to use. Other than that, it should largely work as before.

Karen
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: 2006 October 21, 09:36:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This seems to be working fine so far with the latest version.  I'm really glad to have Call...Friends back!

Karen
Rainne
Dimwitted Dunce

Oh, fuck.

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: 2006 October 21, 13:12:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Note that Macrotastics will be required if you lack a cellphone, as the Macro library is used to locate a regular phone to use. Other than that, it should largely work as before.

Forgive me if I sound stupid, but I have never used Macrotastics and don't know/understand how they work.  Is there something else I need to download outside of AutoYak?  Or is this something I need to do via the cheat window or some other in-game interface?

<br />Probably because you suck.<br />
Venusy
Dead Member

Despite the name, I am male.Do not call me "miss".

View Profile
« Reply #120 on: 2006 October 21, 14:33:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Click here to download Macrotastics. Make sure you RTFM.

"They say only the good die young. If that works both ways, I'm immortal."

ISTP - Independent, concise in speech, master of tools.
dizzy
Souped!

unplugged

View Profile
« Reply #121 on: 2006 October 21, 22:48:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Call Friends may not appear depending on whether they have/need to call their friends.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #122 on: 2006 October 22, 00:32:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I realize this.  I was using don lothario as my test sim.  I made sure that the sims he needed to call were home and that his relationship score was low enough for call friends to show up in the menu.
Do they have phones and all that? And are you CERTAIN you're using the latest version? Versions are often updated VERY frequently, so always redownload first.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #123 on: 2006 October 22, 12:10:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, I'm mystified, then. Because it works fine in my game. Are you CERTAIN they are actual friends, and not people you dragged the relationship bars on (which doesn't set friend bits), that they are home at the time(not at work or school), are awake, have phones, and are not maxed out? Try waiting and seeing if the option appears later on its own.

Dopp
Corpulent Cretin

Not Awesome Indeed

View Profile
« Reply #124 on: 2006 October 22, 12:20:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Downloaded the hack from this thread and the time modified on the file is 6 June as opposed to 22 October on the one in the Pets directory.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 13 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: