More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 19, 16:59:12

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  The Armory
| | |-+  AutoYakYak Macro Phone Caller (10/25/06)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: AutoYakYak Macro Phone Caller (10/25/06)  (Read 254504 times)
rosenshyne
Dimwitted Dunce

I/ENFJ

View Profile WWW
Re: AutoYakYak Macro Phone Caller (10/25/06)
« Reply #225 on: 2007 August 20, 16:44:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have never been able to get "Call - Targets" on a University Lot. I've tested with a group of new YA's, as soon as they all meet the Freshman Professors I try to "Call - Targets," but the option doesn't exist. "Call - Friends" and "Call - Family" work as normal, except that Professors are not included during the "Call - Friends" macro. Has anyone else had this problem, and if so, is it intentional?

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #226 on: 2007 August 20, 21:38:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is intentional, because the sense of "family friends" on a university lot does not exist or produces meaningless results. As this option is aimed at increasing family friend counts for job purposes, and this does not exist at Uni, since the Uni household will necessarily disintegrate after graduation, before anyone can actually get a job. Therefore, the option has no use there.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Velda
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #227 on: 2007 August 27, 21:45:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Curious if anyone else has recently lost the "Call Friends" option from the pie menu?
I still have "Call Targets" available, but not the "Call Friends" No idea why and befoer I go digging through hack to find out which one borked out of no where sometime between last week and this week I just wanted to check if anyone else has run into something similar.

The same thing happened to me, after I reinstalled everything (all eps with patches, no stuff packs).  I solved it the same way you did, thinking I had the wrong version or something, but it was weird because the one I copied from the Director's Cut was the same date and size as the one I already had.  Works fine now, though.
seelindarun
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #228 on: 2007 August 27, 23:51:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is intentional, because the sense of "family friends" on a university lot does not exist or produces meaningless results. As this option is aimed at increasing family friend counts for job purposes, and this does not exist at Uni, since the Uni household will necessarily disintegrate after graduation, before anyone can actually get a job. Therefore, the option has no use there.

Except for greek houses?  I do get the option on a level 5 greek house, but not sure whether it's because of the lot, or because this sim hasn't reached BSOC yet?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #229 on: 2007 August 28, 01:18:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It might be enabled on Greek Houses specifically because they still use friends, yes.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Duchess
sloppyhousewife
Lipless Loser

Plumber Zombie

View Profile
« Reply #230 on: 2007 September 08, 20:57:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Since BV, I seem to have lost the "Call... Friends" option. When I click on a sim and choose "Call...", I get all the normal phone options (like "Service" etc.) plus "Call... Targets", but not "Friends". Some of the friends are elders, at least one of them had to be at home to call (8:30 pm). STR all at 98, LTR close to 50.

ETA:

Just noticed that I might have had an older version of the phone hack before BV installation (where I put the new BV DC into the download folder) and thus never experienced the newer version's efficiency. Please ignore me.
« Last Edit: 2007 September 08, 21:16:23 by sloppyhousewife » Logged

"Getting attention here is like awakening Lovecraftian cosmic horrors. Don't do it." - J.M. Pescado

jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #231 on: 2007 September 08, 21:43:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

* jsalemi points an laughs at sloppyhousewife

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #232 on: 2007 September 09, 04:04:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Since BV, I seem to have lost the "Call... Friends" option. When I click on a sim and choose "Call...", I get all the normal phone options (like "Service" etc.) plus "Call... Targets", but not "Friends". Some of the friends are elders, at least one of them had to be at home to call (8:30 pm). STR all at 98, LTR close to 50.
This is a new design feature: Call Friends no longer maxes out EVERYONE to 100 if they're still on "cook LTR". Since your sims have a very large STR/LTR gap, there is no loss inflicted by not immediately dialing. Once STR and LTR have become closer to being equal, those will be auto-called again. Call Friends is made more efficient by concentrating on only those relationships at risk for actual damage through decay.

Rainne
Dimwitted Dunce

Oh, fuck.

View Profile
« Reply #233 on: 2007 September 09, 23:04:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am unsure and would like to know, please, if Autoyakyak has been updated for Bon Voyage yet?  Someone told me that it was, but I haven't been able to find anything here that confirmed or denied this.

thank you.

<br />Probably because you suck.<br />
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #234 on: 2007 September 09, 23:36:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

All hacks updated or new for BV are in the BV directory. Autoyak is in there.

Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #235 on: 2007 September 11, 14:09:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

An observation: I'm getting a situation where "call friends" is available on cell phones, but simultaneously unavailable from house phones (all phones in my game are maxoid - no cc phones).  I tested this several times to make sure it was not simply too late to call, or during work hours, etc.  It seems that even if my sim can successfully call friends with his cell phone, he can't do it from the phone in the living room.  This is consistent for all my lots in my main hood.

I have installed BV director's cut hacks, running with base, uni, and BV.  No nonawesome hacks are currently running.  I will redownload autoyak to make sure it's not an issue of not-most-recent-update, but I'm pretty sure I have the latest.  I run with debug mode on, and no errors have logged.

Tribulatio proxima est
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #236 on: 2007 September 11, 14:16:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

An observation: I'm getting a situation where "call friends" is available on cell phones, but simultaneously unavailable from house phones (all phones in my game are maxoid - no cc phones).  I tested this several times to make sure it was not simply too late to call, or during work hours, etc.  It seems that even if my sim can successfully call friends with his cell phone, he can't do it from the phone in the living room.  This is consistent for all my lots in my main hood.
This is a known issue produced by changes introduced during Pets: It is no longer possible to create a Phone Plugin that will appear on phones. Therefore, the "Call Friends" option will therefore only appear on your sim...regardless of if he has a cellphone. If he has a cellphone, the option blends transparently in with his menu. If he does not, choosing this option will have him seek out the nearest standard phone to call with. There is no really sane reason why you would use a wallphone with the cellphone available, as you don't need to translocate.

Also, a new update fixes an apparently BV-introduced ADHD issue. There may also be an ADHD issue with auto manager checkin from phones on Power Idle. This remains under investigation.

Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #237 on: 2007 September 11, 14:40:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is a known issue produced by changes introduced during Pets: It is no longer possible to create a Phone Plugin that will appear on phones. Therefore, the "Call Friends" option will therefore only appear on your sim...regardless of if he has a cellphone...There is no really sane reason why you would use a wallphone with the cellphone available, as you don't need to translocate.

Also, a new update fixes an apparently BV-introduced ADHD issue. There may also be an ADHD issue with auto manager checkin from phones on Power Idle. This remains under investigation.

OK, with you.  Select "call friends" from sim, not the actual phone.  I generally use cell phones anyway.  I had noticed the ADHD thing, but the latest update seems to have taken care of that in my game.

Tribulatio proxima est
AxelValentine
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #238 on: 2007 September 24, 21:05:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've downloaded this from the Seasons hack list and it still isn't working.
I get all the normal call actions, but no Call friends or family.  I've cheched the relationship pnel and there are people they could call, but it doesn't show up in the menu.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #239 on: 2007 September 24, 21:35:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is it a time when they can be called?  If there's no one available (i.e., at work or school), they won't show up in the available list.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Venusy
Dead Member

Despite the name, I am male.Do not call me "miss".

View Profile
« Reply #240 on: 2007 September 24, 22:13:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I get all the normal call actions, but no Call friends or family.  I've cheched the relationship pnel and there are people they could call, but it doesn't show up in the menu.
Are you trying to use the menu on the phone, or the menu on the sim? With Pets, EA broke phone plugins, so it had to be moved to the sim menu.

"They say only the good die young. If that works both ways, I'm immortal."

ISTP - Independent, concise in speech, master of tools.
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #241 on: 2007 September 25, 08:15:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does you sim have a cell phone? I've noticed this option is gone if my sim has a cell phone, but shows up if they don't have one or I take the phone out of inventory.

Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #242 on: 2007 September 25, 14:04:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Check to make sure you are not oldversioned - if you are running BV or BV hacks with the seasons version of autoyak, this may be the cause of the problem.  Additionally, your sim needs a cellphone to get the call friends/family options.

Tribulatio proxima est
dizzy
Souped!

unplugged

View Profile
« Reply #243 on: 2007 September 25, 14:56:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Additionally, your sim does not needs a cellphone to get the call friends/family options.

Fixed it for you.

Tigerlilley
Hentaibait
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #244 on: 2007 September 25, 22:28:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Really? This will work on home phones now? Shiny!!

<Inge> Yes, at my age it is hard to tell whether something I am saying will make me look incontinent

Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #245 on: 2007 September 25, 22:56:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just thought...have you checked that no-one is actually using the phone or if the phone is ringing? Any sim-menu>phone options disappear if the phone is in use in some way.

dizzy
Souped!

unplugged

View Profile
« Reply #246 on: 2007 September 26, 01:45:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Really? This will work on home phones now? Shiny!!

If you're referring to my quote (and I'm not sure you are), I was not saying that. I'm just saying you do not *need* the cell phone. You will get a social menu that is not in any way related to any type of phone, though.

kuronue
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #247 on: 2007 September 26, 23:46:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you have a cellphone the options go with the other cellphone options; if you don't, you randomly have a "call" menu on your non-cellphoned sims containing these options which, when clicked, send them hunting for a phone to use them on.

INFP or something
AxelValentine
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #248 on: 2007 September 28, 03:05:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks peoples.
I'll try clicking no the sim and everything else I can think of.

I did notice that when someone called they would stay on the phone until the relationship was 100% daily though, so I guess it's working in some way.
Let's see here, I'm running Seasons with the one I downloaded from the Seasons list of hacks, the phone is not in use when I click on it, none of my sims own cellphones and I don't have Pets - completely bypassed it from OFB to Seasons.
notveryawesome
Stupid Schlemiel

INTJ. I like putting hats on my avatar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #249 on: 2007 September 29, 03:22:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Keep in mind that, if certain sims are at work or their relationship with your sim is already very high, then autoyak won't see them as options.

Disclaimer: I am condescending, arrogant, pedantic, and have a foot-shaped mouth. I also like to throw stones from my glass house. Resemblance to any persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: