More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 08:27:49

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  Pudding Factory
| | |-+  Morphing penis (NWS) -new version, update 04/29/12
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Morphing penis (NWS) -new version, update 04/29/12  (Read 386821 times)
Cmar
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
Re: For testing - morphing penis (NWS)
« Reply #25 on: 2011 September 16, 00:32:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm reasonably certain Cmar will fix the CAS lighting issues, once the actual mod is completely finished to her specs.

Found out that this is a known quirk/feature/whatever of CAS caused by UV mapping two parts of the mesh onto the same area of the texture. In order to use DBCAB-designed skins, I had to map using a side projection with the two sides one on top of the other. (The same issue shows up on DBCAB's penis, but it's less obvious.) If I remap the CAS-compatible way, existing skins with a penis texture won't work and I'd have to provide a new custom skin and/or a template for others to create new skins, in order to have a decent-looking texture.

Opinions? If the problem only appears in CAS and it looks fine in the game, I think most people wouldn't consider it a major problem. Is it worth the hassle of new skins?
kissing_toast
Retarded Reprobate

AIDE to Jezzers

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2011 September 16, 01:06:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Opinions? If the problem only appears in CAS and it looks fine in the game, I think most people wouldn't consider it a major problem. Is it worth the hassle of new skins?

Absolutely NOT. It's what shows in game that matters, IMO it's not worth the hassle to do all that just for a better CAS view. I actually know what you'd have to through to "fix" it, don't bother.

Cupcakes Taste Like Violence,KT_StoreFix

It's like a bowl of oranges, only one orange, is an orange of DOOM!
ZelRai
Corpulent Cretin

Go to Hell Starler and take this avatard with you.

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2011 September 16, 01:21:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm reasonably certain Cmar will fix the CAS lighting issues, once the actual mod is completely finished to her specs.

Found out that this is a known quirk/feature/whatever of CAS caused by UV mapping two parts of the mesh onto the same area of the texture. In order to use DBCAB-designed skins, I had to map using a side projection with the two sides one on top of the other. (The same issue shows up on DBCAB's penis, but it's less obvious.) If I remap the CAS-compatible way, existing skins with a penis texture won't work and I'd have to provide a new custom skin and/or a template for others to create new skins, in order to have a decent-looking texture.

I'd have to go with kissing_toast given that case, as CAS polish is not important enough for all that.  I am glad that you investigated the issue.

1337 is a number not a word, even by my relaxed standards.
I am a yasha-kitsune, deal with it.
Cmar
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2011 September 16, 11:30:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks!  Grin I didn't think it worth the effort either.
GaminRoger
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2011 September 16, 14:35:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't see any problems in CAS my self. It's a great mod Cmar, can't wiat for teen one. As always you do a good job on your  mods I enjoy them very much.
Roger
Chaavik
Dimwitted Dunce

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2011 September 16, 23:23:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I agree that it is not important to redo the male equipment so it would just look good in CAS if the male equipment looks fine in the game. That's what it counts. You did a very nice job on the mod, and as far as I'm concerned, it's perfect for me to use on my Sims.

"Humor.. It is a difficult concept.. It is not logical.." - Lt. Saavik, Star Trek: Wrath of Khan
imyourboy
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2011 September 18, 02:34:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is great!  This reminds me of the one we had in Sims 2 that would auto adjust!
Cmar
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2011 September 18, 03:04:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Version 2 is done, with the following changes. Please download from the OP, and replace the previous packages.

Teens and elders are added
lod2 and lod3 are added
Some tweaking of the meshes

I've also added a foreskin slider for uncut penises but I'm not entirely happy with it. If you make an uncut penis, you have to use the 'uncut erection' slider to give it erections, since the regular erection slider will distort it. It's kind of kludgy, but was the only way I could think of to have uncut penises with the same default replacement mesh.

The teen and elder meshes won't support the muscle definition slider, just like the EA default nude meshes. I'm still trying to find the best way to fix that.

Of course, please report any problems!
zarmor
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2011 September 18, 09:58:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

OMG this mod and the associated sliders are really top notch !!

Good job Cmar  Smiley Smiley

As far as I'm concerned I would really like the lighting problem in CAS to be fixed since I create a lot of sims in CAS.

Anyway take your time and keep up with the excellent job  Wink
ZelRai
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2011 September 18, 10:02:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Zarmor: If she fixes the lighting, you will have to make your own skins from basically scratch. We've been over why this happens earlier in the thread. The consensus is that it's not worth it.

jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2011 September 18, 10:12:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As far as I'm concerned I would really like the lighting problem in CAS to be fixed since I create a lot of sims in CAS.

Wow, you create sims in Create-a-Sim?  Who'da thunk?

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
ZelRai
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2011 September 18, 10:16:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I suppose the other option is using a hex editor on an undocumented file format, namely .sim. There may be some who enjoy that kind of thing.

jezzer
Grammar Police

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2011 September 18, 10:24:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I suppose the other option is using a hex editor on an undocumented file format, namely .sim. There may be some who enjoy that kind of thing.

And there may be some people who enjoy sticking hot needles through their tongues.  What is your point, Fox Fucker?

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
ZelRai
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2011 September 18, 10:37:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

One: I am not into bestiality. I have to much love and respect for animals to do that.
Two: Not everyone thinks or acts inside your narrow elitist mindset.

jezzer
Grammar Police

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2011 September 18, 10:41:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

One:  Of COURSE you're into bestiality.  All furries are.  It's part of the definition.

Two:  Yes, only narrow-minded elitists use CAS to create sims instead of a hex editor.  All that yiffing has really warped your brain, hasn't it?  Sad

ZelRai
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2011 September 18, 10:47:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

One:  Of COURSE you're into bestiality.  All furries are.  It's part of the definition.

Two:  Yes, only narrow-minded elitists use CAS to create sims instead of a hex editor.  All that yiffing has really warped your brain, hasn't it?  Sad

You missed the point, people can -chose- not to use CAS. Why they would I don't know, but they can. Another thing, is that another one of your "iT r A fAx!" about furries?

jezzer
Grammar Police

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2011 September 18, 10:49:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

People can choose to hit themselves in the head with a hammer, too.  What's your point?

ZelRai
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2011 September 18, 10:52:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Back on topic, Cmar is it possible to move all the new sliders below the facial ones? As is, they are all mixed together.

Cmar
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2011 September 18, 11:57:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Back on topic, Cmar is it possible to move all the new sliders below the facial ones? As is, they are all mixed together.

This bugs me too - the sort order of the facial sliders seems random and changes every time I add/remove/replace sliders. Unfortunately as far as I know no one has figured out how to control this or if it's truly random.
GaminRoger
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2011 September 18, 15:10:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks Cmar for the update and wow it's looking great.
Roger

Smiley Edit: Cmar they are working very good and all the sliders are working correctly and i Love the teens ones too. One question is this a Mod?
Roger
« Last Edit: 2011 September 18, 17:04:13 by GaminRoger » Logged
Count
PA
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 2011 September 18, 17:49:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The results, if the sliders aren't in the right range, can be frighting for the uncut erection slider on an uncut penis.  I expected the regular slider to cause problems, so this isn't about that.  I do like that there is an uncut slider though; seems like the best way to do it with one mesh.

Everything else looks fine.  The CAS issue isn't bad at all, and if it's really bothering someone, they ought to take the shoes off or download invisible feet to use long enough to fiddle in CAS.  They all look fine in-game.
Chaavik
Dimwitted Dunce

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2011 September 18, 20:00:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Blah blah blah... One question is this a Mod?
Roger

What makes you think this is not a mod? Of course it is. Otherwise, we wouldn't put this into our Mods folder.

"Humor.. It is a difficult concept.. It is not logical.." - Lt. Saavik, Star Trek: Wrath of Khan
Cmar
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 2011 September 18, 23:21:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The results, if the sliders aren't in the right range, can be frighting for the uncut erection slider on an uncut penis.  I expected the regular slider to cause problems, so this isn't about that.  I do like that there is an uncut slider though; seems like the best way to do it with one mesh.

That's one of the reasons I'm not satisfied with the foreskin sliders - there's no smooth transition in the mid-range. I'll keep working on it.
ZelRai
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 2011 September 19, 11:38:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This bugs me too - the sort order of the facial sliders seems random and changes every time I add/remove/replace sliders. Unfortunately as far as I know no one has figured out how to control this or if it's truly random.

I see, yes it is annoying. If the mechanics of it are random like nearly everything else EA does, it can't be helped.

kece
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 2011 September 20, 22:29:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I love it, it brings the game more to life.  Waiting anxiously for the teenagers version to come out also.................
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: