More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 26, 21:38:23

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Update installs into wrong Sims 3 directory
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Update installs into wrong Sims 3 directory  (Read 5478 times)
LOolyharb
Blathering Buffoon

Psycho sookie.

View Profile
Update installs into wrong Sims 3 directory
« on: 2011 September 06, 12:10:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm updating the game from the Town Life disk and the update keeps installing to (C:) when my base game is on drive (D:). By the end of the update, a new The Sims 3 folder containing newly created files is created on (C:), and my the sims 3 directory in the registry is changed to C://Program Files/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/. What can I do to get the update to locate where the base game is actually installed, and get it to update the game??
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
Re: Update installs into wrong Sims 3 directory
« Reply #1 on: 2011 September 07, 23:34:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm updating the game from the Town Life disk and the update keeps installing to (C:) when my base game is on drive (D:). By the end of the update, a new The Sims 3 folder containing newly created files is created on (C:), and my the sims 3 directory in the registry is changed to C://Program Files/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/. What can I do to get the update to locate where the base game is actually installed, and get it to update the game??

Try manually downloading the update and putting the file on D drive before you execute it? I recall some people having a similar issue with Sims 2 or other games.
Try this program(on D drive):
http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=409829

Or this:
http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:TS3_Patching:Patch_Download

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
http://www.mediafire.com/?ng20de0zmly
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Update installs into wrong Sims 3 directory
« Reply #2 on: 2011 September 08, 00:39:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Use one of those symbolic linky things on Windoze, I forget what's called, to make both directories point to the same place so that the updater has no choice.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: