More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 16, 23:11:44

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6518 Members
Latest Member: Willaemann
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Rabbitholes Unclickable and Temp Freezes FIXED
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Rabbitholes Unclickable and Temp Freezes FIXED  (Read 3487 times)
milkyspirits
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Rabbitholes Unclickable and Temp Freezes FIXED
« on: 2011 September 03, 17:50:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have only the basegame, my patches are all up to date.

Recently, maybe three weeks ago, i've noticed that every once in a while my game would "temporarily" freeze. just the sims and the clock, usually "resetSim *" fixes it for a while and it starts back up. I was told that this was due to a stuck sim somewhere but they can't be getting stuck this often if i'm resetting them, first of all. and then i noticed when i wanted to send two of my sims off on a date to the bistro that i couldn't click the building. i went into edit town and wanted to build a new one altogether and i can't even place the building, even with moveobjects on. i also use a lot of custom content (and do use s3pe to combine my packages).

what is this? what should i do?
« Last Edit: 2011 September 03, 20:59:58 by milkyspirits » Logged
Cyberdodo
FURRY!
Feckless Fool

View Profile
Re: Rabbitholes Unclickable and Temp Freezes
« Reply #1 on: 2011 September 03, 18:46:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'd suggest looking at your CC first.  You may have a buggy item in there, or you might simply have too much CC installed.

Slap a man silly with a fish, and he'll smell like fish for a day.
Teach a man to fish, and he'll go to the bait & tackle store, and stop bothering you.
milkyspirits
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2011 September 03, 19:03:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How much CC is too much?

I've got that it's the CC through my troubleshooting I'm trying to figure out which one of these buggers is the troubled sibling.
Is there any way to find what part of a combined .package file is the corrupt one?
kissing_toast
Retarded Reprobate

AIDE to Jezzers

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2011 September 03, 19:42:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not really, or atleast no easy way. Did you keep backups of all the original CC like you should have? That would be the easiest route, then just make new combined packages. Also, cc shouldn't really be doing this, mods on the other hand will. You didn't combine mods did you? That's a no-no.

Cupcakes Taste Like Violence,KT_StoreFix

It's like a bowl of oranges, only one orange, is an orange of DOOM!
milkyspirits
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2011 September 03, 19:53:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I do with my new laptop.
 I recently had to replace my old laptop and had only backed up the combined packages themselves and not the single package files, when I put everything back into it's place on my new computer it started this. I read through some previous threads and some other people seem to have a few problems like this too (Where it reloads a few certain packages too many times and can cause the freezes, apparently). But I'm not sure what's making the rabbitholes act so weird.

I may have combined a few modifications, but not any big-important-core-mods like Awesomemod, just slider hacks/no career outfits to work, little things. Is that bad as well? I'm still not completely used to The Sims 3 yet, it really baffles how much more complicated this game is compared to ts1 and ts2.

Right now I'm picking apart my packages, finding which ones cause the issue, and which ones are just fine.

Also: A huge thank-you to every/anyone who is trying to help me pick up after my giant mess.
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
Re: Rabbitholes Unclickable and Temp Freezes FIXED
« Reply #5 on: 2011 September 03, 21:22:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Don't double-post.  Use the Edit button.

Combining mods is a huge no-no because mods -- whether core or not -- often have to be updated to a new version whenever you patch your game or install a new EP or SP.  If your mods are combined together into one archive, you can't update them without chucking the entire archive file and starting over.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: