More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 10:45:43

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Lot won't install properly
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Lot won't install properly  (Read 9434 times)
DrNerd
Lipless Loser

View Profile
Lot won't install properly
« on: 2011 August 26, 18:04:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm having an issue with this lot. It doesn't want to install correctly. It doesn't matter whether I use the Clean Installer or just double-click the Sims2Pack, the same thing happens. The lot is mostly CC, and the CC all installs into the Downloads folder and shows up in the proper categories in Buy and Build modes. The lot itself shows up in the Bin in game, but none of the CC shows up on the lot, just a whole lot of flashing blue and BG statues the CC was cloned from. The same is true for the lot that was already placed in the 'hood when I switched computers--even with all the CC in the proper folder, the lot is completely stripped.

I'm playing with EPs through BV and H&M and TSS. The lot worked fine on my old computer, which was running through Seasons and H&M. I don't get any sort of error messages when I click the file, it just doesn't work the way it should. I've installed other lots without CC, and they show up just fine.

This is sort of an important lot that I need rather badly. I didn't build it in the first place and I'm not sure I can recreate it from the pics. Any help would be much appreciated.

jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
Re: Lot won't install properly
« Reply #1 on: 2011 August 26, 23:19:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Who built the original lot?

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
DrNerd
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2011 August 27, 02:12:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Dicreasy, from Boolprop and LJ. It's a garden, and she does beautiful landscaping, and she did it as a favor to me. I installed the lot just fine on my old laptop. Worked like a charm. There is absolutely no malicious content on the lot at all, not even the phone hack sneaking in. The file I linked to is the one she sent me the first time, that installed then and doesn't seem to want to now.

And if it installed OK with Seasons, there shouldn't be EP compatibility issues with trying to install it running BV instead.

jezzer
Grammar Police

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2011 August 27, 03:23:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You still have Seasons installed, right?

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
Count
PA
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2011 August 27, 04:22:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The file works almost perfectly on my install (which is all EPs, no SPs), only parts that show up blue are the custom brick flowerbeds.  So it might just want Seasons for some reason?
DrNerd
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2011 August 27, 17:41:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, I still have Seasons. And the lot installs for other people who have a full complement of EPs and SPs.

Mootilda
Dead Member

Reluctant Modder

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2011 August 27, 19:10:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do you have CEP installed?

I don't think this level of hostility is necessary
jezzer
Grammar Police

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2011 August 27, 21:31:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I remember objects made with repository textures will flash blue if the base objects from which they draw their textures aren't installed.  Could that be an issue?

DrNerd
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2011 August 27, 22:35:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes on CEP.

Object recolors are of EAxis plants and flowers; everything else is a new mesh cloned from something EAxis. The CC shows up fine on other lots if I place it there, no flashing blue problems elsewhere. I just can't seem to get the CC to show up on the lot it's designed for.

Tarlia
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2011 August 28, 06:56:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What happens if you place new CC items of the same type on the lot? Do they also flash blue/not work? What happens if you use the waterdropper tool on the broken items?
DrNerd
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2011 August 29, 17:22:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can place the same items that aren't installing with the lot on it, and they work fine. Can't use the eyedropper on the stuff that's not installing, since it all shows up as the potted plants and statues that the broken CC was cloned from originally, so all that does is give me the original EAxis item.

Tarlia
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2011 August 29, 19:07:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hm. What about installing the lot once, with all the CC, then deleting the lot, and installing it again with the clean installer, but this time only install the lot...?

'Cause it almost sounds like it's somehow doing things in the wrong order, creating the lot before the CC is in place (I don't know if that's even possible, but it's worth a try?).

Edit:

The same is true for the lot that was already placed in the 'hood when I switched computers--even with all the CC in the proper folder, the lot is completely stripped.

Of course, my theory didn't take this into account.

Very strange. :/

Try it in an otherwise CC free game too, just in case?
DrNerd
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2011 August 31, 19:51:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Something seems to have finally worked. Lot is now working OK, in with all my other CC.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: