More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 20:48:27

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  Pudding Factory
| | |-+  Hidden Springs
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Hidden Springs  (Read 79388 times)
kissing_toast
Retarded Reprobate

AIDE to Jezzers

View Profile
Re: Hidden Springs
« Reply #50 on: 2011 August 30, 01:24:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is anyone else having any problems with the waterfall animations on the Fountain of Youth? The "drink" and "wish" animations seem to be working but I got no waterfall effects. I took out my latest 'no mosaic' mod and cleared caches but still no waterfall.

If you mean the actual waterfall part of the fountain, when it's just sitting there, then something's wrong with your game, mine shows up correctly.

Cupcakes Taste Like Violence,KT_StoreFix

It's like a bowl of oranges, only one orange, is an orange of DOOM!
Tangie
Exasperating Eyesore

INFJ

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 2011 August 30, 01:44:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do you also have the gothic library set installed in your game? The buzz on the EA forums is that the gothic library lot is conflicting with the FOY. I'm going to try uninstalling it to see if that fixes it.
kissing_toast
Retarded Reprobate

AIDE to Jezzers

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 2011 August 30, 01:48:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do you also have the gothic library set installed in your game? The buzz on the EA forums is that the gothic library lot is conflicting with the FOY. I'm going to try uninstalling it to see if that fixes it.

I'm a MATYian, I have everything, also don't trust anything over at the forums.

jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 2011 August 30, 05:10:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I haven't looked at the Fountain of Youth object yet, but I am generally unimpressed with the neighborhood.  You kind of have to admire EA's big brass ones for charging $20 for something that pales in comparison to what cc creators generally give away for free.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
brownlustgirl
Knuckleheaded Knob

Giving EA the finger!

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 2011 August 30, 05:18:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There are a couple of threads at the forum about issues with the waterfall not showing on the FOY. Not only happening to arr'ed HS.

"So you have to be hungry to eat, right? Hmph, imagine that concept."  Kirstie Alley
Painkiller
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 2011 August 30, 16:30:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's the book of spell that supposedly conflicts. Anyone here who doesn't have the book installed can confirm it? I ain't removing the book to check if that lame fountain is finally animated.
kissing_toast
Retarded Reprobate

AIDE to Jezzers

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 2011 August 30, 17:54:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've got both installed and they both work. I think I'm still using the stand alone fix for the book if that makes any difference.

Painkiller
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 2011 August 30, 18:43:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And your fountain animations are working? Sparkles and water flowing, all the jazz? I too kept the stand alone fix for the spell book installed and the fountain is dead as meat. Drinking works correctly, it's just the fountain animations that are missing.
Edit: after some more testing it turns out the fountain drinking action does works but doesn't give any moodlet/removes day. Wishing is even more broken, I get the text but no effect whatsoever. Reading Moryrie's post it seems now evident that both items are incompatible. Duh, I don't think EA will ever repair that failed bucket of water, not that I care much since the spellbook is far more awesome that this piece of crap. I first thought the book would be useless but now my gardens are filled with flamingos. Tongue
« Last Edit: 2011 August 31, 17:24:24 by Painkiller » Logged
Moryrie
Juvenile Jackass

INTJ... Apparently

View Profile WWW
« Reply #58 on: 2011 August 30, 19:30:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When I have the fountain installed (package format) the spellbook won't work. No effects from the book, and whenever a sim finishes learning a spell they are reset and don't have any spells memorized. The fountain will not reset a sim back to the YA stage no matter how many times I get the 'wish granted' moodlet. Animations and effects are all present on the fountain whether or not I have the spellbook installed.. I am not using the stand alone fix for the spellbook, because it seems to work well without it, but maybe I'll try that later.

Spellbook>Fountain though in terms of usefulness. Especially if one has Generations.

edit: Tried adding spellbook fix. Spellbook now works with fountain installed. Fountain no longer works even in the broken way it used to. No effects whatsoever, and no rollback to YA for an elder. No moodlets given either.
« Last Edit: 2011 August 30, 21:34:37 by Moryrie » Logged

"Of two evils, choose the prettier."
adelewen
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 2011 September 01, 02:58:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

For people having problems on Macs, just decrapify the file. I installed Hidden Springs just fine.
jezzer
Grammar Police

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: 2011 September 01, 03:19:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank God you came.  Decrapifying has only been mentioned 500 times in connection with Hidden Springs.  Perhaps the 501st time will be the charm.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
Jeebus
Nitwitted Nuisance

MATY's Lord and Savior

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 2011 September 01, 03:31:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

For people having problems on Macs, just decrapify the file. I installed Hidden Springs just fine.
Except that you can't decrapify on a Mac.  Teehee.

"Terminate the erroneous data" is an awesome euphemism for an abortion.
Eeyore
Garrulous Gimp

Beware donkey poo.

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 2011 September 01, 03:47:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sure you can, just not using Apple OS.

"[M]embers of MATY do not realize how badly they are perceived by society, and that people are secretly mocking them in silence." -- cwurtz
jezzer
Grammar Police

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 2011 September 01, 04:40:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sure you can, just not using Apple OS.

I assumed from context that adelewiener was using a Mac as well.  For shame, Jeebus.  For SHAME.

Jeebus
Nitwitted Nuisance

MATY's Lord and Savior

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 2011 September 01, 04:56:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think I will need to give Jelly her rake back.

"Terminate the erroneous data" is an awesome euphemism for an abortion.
gamegame
Dimwitted Dunce

MOTHER FATHER SON

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 2011 September 02, 04:33:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Both the spellbook and fountain work for me. i installed the spellbook in package form with the fix and the fountain of youth in decrapified format.
Monty
Asinine Airhead

I will make them love me.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #66 on: 2011 September 03, 20:54:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ITT: You can't get it to work? HURR DURR YOUR DOING IT WRONG LOL

Incidentally, I got it to work, but it looks like command prompt was sick all over the names and lots, and it seems to be a common issue. I'm sure it's possible for me to rename everyone-- or better yet, blast the shitty lots and sims from the neighbourhood and recycle the terrain. I still don't put it past the TS3 community to be doing anything correctly though.
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: 2011 September 06, 23:51:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ITT: You can't get it to work? HURR DURR YOUR DOING IT WRONG LOL

Incidentally, I got it to work, but it looks like command prompt was sick all over the names and lots, and it seems to be a common issue. I'm sure it's possible for me to rename everyone-- or better yet, blast the shitty lots and sims from the neighbourhood and recycle the terrain. I still don't put it past the TS3 community to be doing anything correctly though.

That happens when something is wrong with the .dbc that contains the world info. I had the issue too. I had been able to put the .dbc containing that info into my mods with the others, apparently I have forgotten how I made it work before, or it's now broken. So, the DBC containing the worlds files have to stay named whatever the launcher named it, and stay in DCCache. At least until I figure out if I can get it to work right again.  Undecided

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
http://www.mediafire.com/?ng20de0zmly
kissing_toast
Retarded Reprobate

AIDE to Jezzers

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: 2011 September 07, 01:51:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When I have the fountain installed (package format) the spellbook won't work. No effects from the book, and whenever a sim finishes learning a spell they are reset and don't have any spells memorized. The fountain will not reset a sim back to the YA stage no matter how many times I get the 'wish granted' moodlet. Animations and effects are all present on the fountain whether or not I have the spellbook installed.. I am not using the stand alone fix for the spellbook, because it seems to work well without it, but maybe I'll try that later.

Spellbook>Fountain though in terms of usefulness. Especially if one has Generations.

edit: Tried adding spellbook fix. Spellbook now works with fountain installed. Fountain no longer works even in the broken way it used to. No effects whatsoever, and no rollback to YA for an elder. No moodlets given either.

So I get the animations and sparkles but no moodlets or anything, just the pop ups. I assume drink makes you a day younger and wish makes you an age state younger? So do these work if you completely uninstall the book or is the FOY just borked? I truly feel sorry for the people that pay for this stuff.

Moryrie
Juvenile Jackass

INTJ... Apparently

View Profile WWW
« Reply #69 on: 2011 September 07, 03:59:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can't get the age-state younger thing to work no matter how many wishes I use while the spellbook is uninstalled. The age-reset thing seems to work with the spellbook in place also working, as long as the fix for the spellbook is in an override folder, but again, no moodlets.

The moodlets might make the thing worth the trouble, but not if its going to continue to conflict with the spellbook. Also, decrapifying one, while having the other crapified, still results in conflicts at least for me. I've given up. The potions that came with Generations are more effective and not borked.

"Of two evils, choose the prettier."
Painkiller
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: 2011 September 07, 08:30:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ditto. I added the FOY as a decrappified package to check and finally got the fountains animations working but not the moodlets it gives nor the aging thing (I got a big nothing, not even the single day reset & moodlet) and the spellbook anims broke (no more bats flying around when you read it). I'll use the broken FOY as a money flusher. Both items must use the same GUID or whatever borkage EA managed to make. Way to go, EA.
kissing_toast
Retarded Reprobate

AIDE to Jezzers

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: 2011 September 07, 14:03:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ditto. I added the FOY as a decrappified package to check and finally got the fountains animations working but not the moodlets it gives nor the aging thing (I got a big nothing, not even the single day reset & moodlet) and the spellbook anims broke (no more bats flying around when you read it). I'll use the broken FOY as a money flusher. Both items must use the same GUID or whatever borkage EA managed to make. Way to go, EA.

Now that you mention it my spell book bats are gone too.

morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: 2011 September 07, 16:25:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Now that you mention it my spell book bats are gone too.

That's because you are relying on AM to fix the Spell book, put the spellbook fix back in and your spell book should work. The FOY should "work" as well, you can get a granted Wish and it will remove the days on your sim, or a failed wish will throw your sim a childish trait randomly replacing one of their others. It has to say wish was Granted or Failed, all those partially granted wishes do nothing. What stays broken with the spell book and FOY, is FOYs "drink", it will not take a day off and will not give you a moodlet, the granted wish doesn't give the moodlet either. The visuals on the FOY can at least be made to work with the spell book in.

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
Painkiller
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: 2011 September 07, 19:41:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Except that I never removed the spellbook fix, too lazy to redo that store month merge for a single file.
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: 2011 September 07, 21:19:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Except that I never removed the spellbook fix, too lazy to redo that store month merge for a single file.
Ah, my mistake, I could have sworn on one of my tests with both objects that I still had the spell book ghosts ect. and the flowing water. Water I have, ghosts when the sim is learning a spell, no. Visuals when a sim is summoned are still there. The Sims aging being reduced does work still though. It took 24 "wish for" for my sim to get it though, and acquired the childish trait while she was at it. I suppose I need to keep fucking with it, the only way I've managed to get the spell book to still allow spells was by putting a copy decrapped spell book+fix, and the decrapped fountain into my overrides.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: