More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 24, 02:48:03

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Generations seems to be killing WA Gameplay
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Generations seems to be killing WA Gameplay  (Read 11390 times)
Sita
Titlights
Retarded Reprobate

I YAM what I YAM

View Profile WWW
Generations seems to be killing WA Gameplay
« on: 2011 August 26, 11:32:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

With only AM installed, no other package CC, my Sims going abroad are breaking. Not able to interact with locals, one got stuck OUTSIDE the wall of the bathroom of that mountain base camp in China. Above a large cliff. reset Sim didn't work.

After that, all visits to overseas seemed to have problems. In a brand new game with all User documentation removed, not even AM installed, Sim sets off for China and never arrives. Empty China screen, no playable Sim at all.

I found some mention of this on the EA boards but no help, and yes I have searched extensively here.

Anyone have any (polite - not you, Jeromy, I know that's completely impossible for you) suggestions? Or is it just wait till EA gets their act together and fixes it?

unknownlUser
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: Generations seems to be killing WA Gameplay
« Reply #1 on: 2011 August 26, 12:11:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

After that, all visits to overseas seemed to have problems. In a brand new game with all User documentation removed, not even AM installed, Sim sets off for China and never arrives. Empty China screen, no playable Sim at all.
You have "User documentation"? Documentation on what? How and where to fucking post and SEARCH MOAR? You apparently need to go back and read those first then. Non-arrivals have been talked about since the release of WA, and you cannot find a solution?! OMFG!

Why isn't this tard canned, yet? With all its threadshitting, and necromancing messes all over the place.
Sita
Titlights
Retarded Reprobate

I YAM what I YAM

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2011 August 26, 13:27:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I know I installed Generations much later than most other people; before that I played WA extensively with other EPs and had no problem at all with it. So I assumed it was a problem with Generations, hence my question, reinforced by my reading on other boards.
There is one thread here about Generations, which is nearly 3 months old, so I did not post there. By User documentation I meant the files in my My Documents folder. What I was saying was I generated a new, clean game, and STILL had a non-arrival.

As for you, unknown|User, if you are not offering help or information, GBYH.

unknownlUser
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2011 August 26, 13:49:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Good luck with that, titlights.
MATY has a RL and a Dome for a reason: it does not suffer fools nor tards gladly. And after your spectacular performance in alienating the matyzens with your "not-an-academic", grammar-flail posts? Lulzy they may be, but tiresome to read and after so much of the same, just easily ignored. Let's see how much help you get, then, shall we?
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2011 August 26, 16:40:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think I speak for the majority when I say we hope your game breaks irreparably and eats your computer.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
Sita
Titlights
Retarded Reprobate

I YAM what I YAM

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2011 August 26, 17:48:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you can remember that far back, Jeromy, it wasn't me who was voted into the Dome.

Nor would I ever expect help from you, and as for unknownuser, who the hell are you?

I don't think my question was unreasonable, and as I said, I did search. Strangely enough, there are SOME people here whose knowledge I respect. I was aiming my question at them.

Narmy
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2011 August 26, 17:56:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In this order:
1. Uninstall everything
2. Reinstall everything
3. Patch
4. Install AM
5. Start a new neighborhood
sarsbar
Blathering Buffoon

Her friends, the wolves, stripped him naked.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2011 August 26, 18:56:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I know I installed Generations much later than most other people; before that I played WA extensively with other EPs and had no problem at all with it. So I assumed it was a problem with Generations, hence my question, reinforced by my reading on other boards.
There is one thread here about Generations, which is nearly 3 months old, so I did not post there. By User documentation I meant the files in my My Documents folder. What I was saying was I generated a new, clean game, and STILL had a non-arrival.

As for you, unknown|User, if you are not offering help or information, GBYH.

And you didn't post in the appropriate thread because... ?

OH LOOK, it's demonstrating its firm belief that it is exempt from the rules.  Titlights, you're clearly moar speshulier than everyone else, and clearly we do not appreciate the delicacy of your speshul genius-feelings, so perhaps you should stop posting.

Quote from: J. M. Pescado
The reasonable man adapts himself to fit his environment, therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man.
Sita
Titlights
Retarded Reprobate

I YAM what I YAM

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: 2011 August 26, 19:41:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

@Sarsbar As I said, posting in the appropriate thread would have been necromancy. Unless, of course, you know of a more recent one. So if you do, give me link!

@Narmy, yes, that's about how I figured it. But I think I'll be  reinstalling without Generations. Which sucks.

kissing_toast
Retarded Reprobate

AIDE to Jezzers

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2011 August 26, 19:48:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is/was a pre Gen problem, stop blaming Gen for your inabilty to search and troubleshoot properly. I have no problems with travel, and I have Gen, so either you or your PC is doing it wrong. Also, three months is hardly necromancy, especially if it's on topic!
« Last Edit: 2011 August 26, 20:31:30 by kissing_toast » Logged

Cupcakes Taste Like Violence,KT_StoreFix

It's like a bowl of oranges, only one orange, is an orange of DOOM!
sarsbar
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2011 August 26, 20:34:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: THE FAQ
Do not revive a dead thread (no posts in over a month) except under special circumstances, such as discovering a flaw in a hack, or if posting a new thread about a certain subject would get you banned.

Then again, this caveat is irrelevant thanks to your inability to make a useful contribution.

The reasonable man adapts himself to fit his environment, therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man.
tizerist
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2011 August 26, 20:46:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

stop blaming Gen for your inabilty to search and troubleshoot properly.
Tsk. Picking on poor little Gen like that! An EP is defenceless.
YOU BULLY!
Jeebus
Nitwitted Nuisance

MATY's Lord and Savior

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2011 August 26, 20:49:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In this order:
1. Uninstall everything
2. Reinstall everything
3. Patch
4. Install AM
5. Start a new neighborhood
I think 2-5 should be unnecessary, in Titlights's case.

"Terminate the erroneous data" is an awesome euphemism for an abortion.
soozelwoozel
Senator

Success Weasel, School of notovny '11

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2011 August 26, 23:00:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is/was a pre Gen problem, stop blaming Gen for your inabilty to search and troubleshoot properly. I have no problems with travel, and I have Gen, so either you or your PC is doing it wrong. Also, three months is hardly necromancy, especially if it's on topic!

Actually, three months is quite definitely necromancy. However, in the case of tech threads, there's a lot more leeway. What's more annoying is that Sita has no qualms correcting people's grammar in random dead retardo land threads, but seems to think she is above posting for help in existing threads about her issue. CONSISTENCY, SHE HAS NONE.

KNOCK KNOCK, JUNIOR\'S HERE
Sita
Titlights
Retarded Reprobate

I YAM what I YAM

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: 2011 August 26, 23:10:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Actually, it's you lot that have no consistency. If necromancy is bad, it's bad.

You can't have it both ways. Either accept necromancy or don't. But don't flame me for following the site's rules, after you told me off for doing same. I never claimed to be exempt from the rules. But if I do stuff wrong, I learn not to do it again.

I made a new thread because at least as far as it has affected me, this bug has ONLY happened since I installed Generations. For me, at least, it is NOT a pre-Generations problem.

Also, I'm waiting to see if the Jeromy bitchbot will respond as soon as I post, as it has so many times.

jezzer
Grammar Police

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2011 August 26, 23:13:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ask and ye shall receive, Tittard.

But if I do stuff wrong, I learn not to do it again.

I call bullshit on this one.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
Sita
Titlights
Retarded Reprobate

I YAM what I YAM

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: 2011 August 26, 23:20:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And there is my faithful bitchbot.

sarsbar
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2011 August 27, 02:34:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And there is my faithful bitchbot.

Pot, meet kettle.

jezzer
Grammar Police

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2011 August 27, 03:28:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Its inability to grok the "Show Unread Posts" button has led it to believe that I'm stalking it.  It really is trying to be Alphatard 2.0.

Sita
Titlights
Retarded Reprobate

I YAM what I YAM

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: 2011 August 27, 11:36:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

yeah yeah. What I really need to know is, once all is reinstalled, are the families that I had broken forever? Or can I extract them from the broken game and play them again?

jezzer
Grammar Police

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2011 August 27, 15:26:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Given your simming "skills" I'd venture that anything you create is broken forever.

kissing_toast
Retarded Reprobate

AIDE to Jezzers

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2011 August 27, 15:51:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

yeah yeah. What I really need to know is, once all is reinstalled, are the families that I had broken forever? Or can I extract them from the broken game and play them again?

You could always try and see what happens or send said sims back into cas and bin them, then put the .sim files in the newly installed game.

Sita
Titlights
Retarded Reprobate

I YAM what I YAM

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: 2011 August 28, 11:06:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Since I have no intention of reinstalling Generations I would guess that the families will not be transferable?

As I understand it if they have been played at all with Gen the format is changed? Or was that Sims 2?

Cyberdodo
FURRY!
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2011 August 31, 16:20:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You definitely can not load a Generations saved neighborhood without Generations installed. As for sims saved to the sim bin, I don't know if they'd be usable.

Best bet, if you don't have a pre-Generations save to fall back to, is to just start over with a new neighborhood.

Slap a man silly with a fish, and he'll smell like fish for a day.
Teach a man to fish, and he'll go to the bait & tackle store, and stop bothering you.
kissing_toast
Retarded Reprobate

AIDE to Jezzers

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2011 August 31, 20:57:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sim files work either way, it doesn't matter what game version they were made with.

Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: