More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 28, 23:25:21

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Arr'ed games installed-magically uninstalled
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Arr'ed games installed-magically uninstalled  (Read 8955 times)
bugga
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Arr'ed games installed-magically uninstalled
« on: 2011 August 26, 05:10:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have arr'ed versions of base game and all stuffs/eps.  I have installed them all (in order)  manually patched them, installed the cracks, not installed the download manager.  Went to finally start playing today only to find that they are magically no longer installed even though they exist in program files and all icons are still on the desktop.  Running windows 7.  What the hell is happening?
kissing_toast
Retarded Reprobate

AIDE to Jezzers

View Profile
Re: Arr'ed games installed-magically uninstalled
« Reply #1 on: 2011 August 26, 05:39:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The only thing I see wrong is "installed the cracks." Why would you use more than one? Why would you use a crack at all? Cracks, for the Sims, are evil and do more harm than anything else. Can you unistall them? I would undo anything you did, then try getting base game to work. Once you've done that add on the rest of the games. JUST SAY NO TO CRACK.

Cupcakes Taste Like Violence,KT_StoreFix

It's like a bowl of oranges, only one orange, is an orange of DOOM!
bugga
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2011 August 26, 05:44:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Feel free to bash with 2x4, but is a crack not necessary to run the game without a disc?
« Last Edit: 2011 August 26, 05:51:35 by bugga » Logged
Narmy
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2011 August 26, 06:04:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You're going to have to explain a bit better than "not installed". It exists in the program files, so just run the exe.
bugga
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2011 August 26, 06:10:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The program files are there.  However, in the control panel, under programs they are not there.  I tried to launch from the .exe in the Bin folder and got a message that the game was not installed.  I am now trying to re-install the base game and see if I can get it to work. 

I launched the game after sp/ep install to check if all was well and it all worked fine.  Now, some days later, nothing is working.
Narmy
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2011 August 26, 06:13:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did you do a system restore recently?

Something got messed up or reverted in Windows, it's not a problem with your game.
bugga
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2011 August 26, 06:21:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I didn't, but my pc didnt shut down properly today.  Could be the problem.  Sucks because this a 3 week old pc.
dragonic
Blathering Buffoon

Lurker extraordinaire

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2011 August 26, 12:43:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

JUST SAY NO TO CRACK.
Amen to that brother. Amen.
Naiad
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2011 August 26, 14:44:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Feel free to bash with 2x4, but is a crack not necessary to run the game without a disc?

The Sims (at least 3), has the benefit of NoCD mods, such awesomemod or Twallan's. So, no need for ''cracks'' (the reason for quotes is for me to ask why plural).

This appears to be a problem with the registry entries for TS3. Have you tried to search the registry through regedit -> find ? Because if there's nothing there, only a reinstall will help. I think that, if there's no registry entry, the program files folder can just be deleted.
Also, I don't think the problem was caused by windows not shutting down properly. This reaction could have been triggered by that, but my win7 installation has done that plenty of times and nothing like this has ever happened to me. And I can't be called a careful windows user, really.
(it is worth mentioning that I did read the whole topic, even if I did not quote the last post.)
ElectricSimmer
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2011 August 28, 03:30:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did you ever considering... buying the games? *gasp of shock here*
Jeebus
Nitwitted Nuisance

MATY's Lord and Savior

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2011 August 28, 03:38:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Why on earth would anyone ever do that?

"Terminate the erroneous data" is an awesome euphemism for an abortion.
ElectricSimmer
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2011 August 28, 04:03:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Why on earth would anyone ever do that?

Dunno tbh, just a totally crazy idea.
bugga
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2011 August 29, 04:33:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok.  I still have no idea what caused everything to uninstall, but it wasn't in the registry either. 

I have since re-installed the base game only along with the accompanying crack and replaced the desktop shortcut to bypass the launcher.  The game worked fine.  I then installed patch 1.24.3 followed by the framework, awesomemod and then awesomemod updater.  Now when I try to start the game, I am being asked for my registration code.  I was under the impression that awesomemod prevented the diskcheck and prevented the game from phoning home.  Am I missing something?  Maybe I'm a tard. I have searched and searched for an answer.  If sympathy counts for anything, I badly burned myself today by spilling boiling water on my giant pregnant stomach.  I was hoping to play tonight whilst my other two spawn are sleeping to help take my mind off of the pain.  I beg for your merciful help.
kissing_toast
Retarded Reprobate

AIDE to Jezzers

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2011 August 29, 05:31:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am going to try to say this as clearly as possible this time, STOP USING CRACKS FOR THE SIMS! Now that that's out of the way, no disc check is not default, you have to use the config file and activate it. I personally use nraas since it never needs to be updated, meaning when a new patch comes along and AM is out of commision for a few days you can still play. Your crack, dirty lil thing that it is, was for the sims3.exe, right? The patch made it to where the game now runs from a different file, sims3W I think. I'm assuming you removed the crack inorder to update, did you remember to put it back in? Not that you should cause IT'S EVIL.

bugga
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2011 August 29, 05:54:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I installed the crack merely to make sure that my install had, in fact, worked before taking the time to install the framework and awesomemod.  Yes, the little bastard was removed after updating.
dragonic
Blathering Buffoon

Lurker extraordinaire

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2011 August 29, 20:34:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I installed the crack merely to make sure that my install had, in fact, worked before taking the time to install the framework and awesomemod.  Yes, the little bastard was removed after updating.
Why didn't you say you were pregnant before? I would gladly have helped!

Ok. Completely uninstall all Sims 3 content from your computer.
Now, one by one install all Sims 3 games in order of their release. DON'T APPLY ANY CRACKS NOR START THE GAME!
After everything is installed, follow the instructions HERE to install the mod framework.
Download Awesomemod and place it in the "packages" folder of the framework installed above.
Finally, have fun!

@kissing_toast: I do believe Awesomemod comes with the noCD check applied out of the box. But if you only want to play your arr'ed game without awesome features, get Twallan's noCD as mentioned above.
kissing_toast
Retarded Reprobate

AIDE to Jezzers

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2011 August 29, 20:58:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

@kissing_toast: I do believe Awesomemod comes with the noCD check applied out of the box. But if you only want to play your arr'ed game without awesome features, get Twallan's noCD as mentioned above.

OK, it's been so long since I've had to change/look at the config.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: