More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 06:31:45

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Sims 3 on a 64 bit
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Sims 3 on a 64 bit  (Read 25291 times)
Ryslin
Dimwitted Dunce

I/E NF P/J- Yah , what about it?

View Profile
Re: Sims 3 on a 64 bit
« Reply #25 on: 2011 September 19, 16:30:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Make sure if you have UAC on .. that you allow the installer admin rights. It should ask but may not be for some reason.
On some setups you have to own the folder you are installing to. This means right clicking c:\games and unchecking say the read only (it often gets default turned on in the specific sort of case I am mentioning)
It will ask you if you want to do this to all folders, agree and move on.

Installing it in Program Files (x86) isn't a huge no no, but it can be a pain. It isn't nearly as painful as it used to be when one would need to alter the folders there for mod installation.
Installing to multiple directories also -shouldn't- be an issue, but it is messy and easy for the links between the files to break. Sims 3 already has so many reasons to reinstall on a hat drop it is safer and less hassle to just give it its own place to be all fubar in.

As for the full install, this might be odd but I had no issues at all installing all the main expansions .. then installing stuff packs after. Do remember you must TELL it to install to a different directory, thus a custom install.

Never underestimate the power of human stupidity.
SickPuppy
Asinine Airhead

On the Lamb and Holed Up

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2011 September 20, 14:34:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So far it is running okay, about the same as it runs on my 32 bit. I don't normally patch my game as problems arise from it because of my non-original software.

You could have a flawed release. I just started simming again after a 2 year break, and had to reinstall 4 times changing the group source of various releases until it was error free. I have all expansions & stuff packs installed, and am patched to 1.24 on win7 x64. Runs great with no error messages...in default install directory. Awesomemod also.

gilmar
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2011 September 24, 05:54:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

@Ryslin - I'm not sure about UAC. I'm on admin account on XP 64 bit.
@SickPuppy - Normally I cannot patch, but somehow I don't know if I was lucky or did it right, I managed to patch without getting the invalid disc error.
I managed to install in the x86 Program Files but I had to download fresh copies of WA and HELS with their cracks. I'm not sure if this is an issue, but prior to this my WA and HELS were standalones.
However too, the saving time is between 1 hour to 1.5 hours and my save file is about 900 MB.

Thanks everyone!  Smiley

Written
Naiad
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2011 September 24, 18:40:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

900Mb is kinda large for a single save file, but then, if you played for long enough...

Use a noCD mod rather than a crack - it helps with the invalid file errors when patching. As for UAC, I think going to control panel -> User Accounts -> change UAC settings will give you some details.
SickPuppy
Asinine Airhead

On the Lamb and Holed Up

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2011 September 27, 04:20:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

gilmar...I may be copiously reading between the lines here, but are you applying a crack before all expansions are installed?
« Last Edit: 2011 September 27, 04:31:30 by SickPuppy » Logged

gilmar
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2011 September 29, 03:45:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

@SickPuppy

Yes I normally apply the crack accordingly after I install each expansion. Normally on the 32 bit, after installing each expansion and pasting the crack, before I install the next expansion, it will ask me to update and I'm allowed to install afterwards. However, I've not faced any errors so far of invalid discs installing this way.

Written
Naiad
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2011 September 29, 04:07:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

@SickPuppy

Yes I normally apply the crack accordingly after I install each expansion. Normally on the 32 bit, after installing each expansion and pasting the crack, before I install the next expansion, it will ask me to update and I'm allowed to install afterwards. However, I've not faced any errors so far of invalid discs installing this way.

Only your most recent EP needs to be cracked, if you insist upon cracking.
SickPuppy
Asinine Airhead

On the Lamb and Holed Up

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2011 September 29, 06:38:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Here's my install order:

The Sims 3

The Sims 3 World Adventures

The Sims 3 High End Loft Stuff

The Sims 3 Ambitions

The Sims 3 Fast Lane Stuff

The Sims 3 Late Night

The Sims 3 Outdoor Living Stuff

The Sims 3 Generations

The Sims 3 Town Life Stuff

apply 1.24.3 patch & no-dvd crack

------------------------------------------

but yeah, like Naiad says, you only need to use a crack for the last add-on you install. The crack files should be put in the base game directory (C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin).

Also, there are a lot of bad 1.24.3 cracks out there...if you want to use mine, let me know and I'll upload it tomorrow. I'm not sure if attaching it to my post would violate any forum rules.

Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: