More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 15, 20:13:00

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6518 Members
Latest Member: Willaemann
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Graduates losing extra want slots - reprise
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Graduates losing extra want slots - reprise  (Read 2194 times)
Countess
baratron
Heretic
Knuckleheaded Knob

I love Pokemon! Thus I am a Heretic!

View Profile WWW
Graduates losing extra want slots - reprise
« on: 2005 November 28, 02:19:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think I might have found a new version of this bug. This is what I did:

1. Packaged up an occupied lot that I wanted to duplicate. Prior to packaging, the lot was last saved after installing the NL patch, I'm certain.
2. Instead of installing it in my test Neighbourhood and moving out the extra copy of the family, I just used the Clean Installer to remove them.
3. The lot seemed fine and I moved my new household in. Played them for a bit.
4. HOWEVER, when i went back to my original household, I found that one of the sims had gone from 6 want slots down to 5, while the other two hd lost both extra slots.

So, um, don't do this. I'm ok, I keep very regular backups. Wouldn't have tried it if I didn't, but it's still annoying! Why installing a copy of the house would affect the original household, I have no idea. But it clearly doesn't work.

* Pescado is batshit crazy, and thus it's not safe to say what he could or would do. Tongue

Pescado: You're a weird and freaky Baratron.
Pescado: Also, all Baratrons suck.

Read my Sims 2 stories!
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Graduates losing extra want slots - reprise
« Reply #1 on: 2005 November 28, 02:23:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Disappearing bonus want slots and locks appears to be an ongoing theme with NL, particularly with sims that recently transitions. Best way around is to simply give them the things that have gone missing using the Jeffian College Adjustor.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
Re: Graduates losing extra want slots - reprise
« Reply #2 on: 2005 November 28, 07:01:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Mine don't seem to be losing slots (not that I've noticed, anyway), but everytime they move they get a graduation memory that's much lower than what it should be.  Before this only happened when they moved back into the main neighbourhood after graduating, now it happens everytime they move.  Drives me crazy, because as soon as they've moved I have to quit and go remove all the memories not only from them, but from all their relatives as well.  They really should have fixed this in the patch.

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: