More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 15:32:31

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  Help me please, for I am stupid - crash issues
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Help me please, for I am stupid - crash issues  (Read 16607 times)
Evildragonqueen
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Help me please, for I am stupid - crash issues
« on: 2011 May 13, 20:42:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just installed Awesomemod for the first time, aaaaaaand I can't play the game anymore.

So I assume I've done everything right, followed the instructions etc.

What happens is: It loads fine, everything is peaches and cream, then as soon as I go into live mode it just crashes. I can still move the cursor around, but my windows task manager says that it is ‘not responding'. I can create characters fine, do things in the town, but when I go into live, crashes.

Oh, I'm also kind of a n00b, so please speak slowly and clearly for those of us who are of very little brain.

I have the core (obviously) Ambitions, World Adventures and Nightlife. I use windows XP

« Last Edit: 2011 May 13, 21:06:51 by Evildragonqueen » Logged

also, I have AIDS
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
Re: Help me please, for I am stupid - crash issues
« Reply #1 on: 2011 May 13, 21:43:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So I assume I've done everything right, followed the instructions etc.

Never assume.  If it does not work, the likeliest issue is an error on your part.

Framework installed correctly?
All patched up to date, are we?
Things are in their proper directories?
Tight pants?

Tribulatio proxima est
Evildragonqueen
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2011 May 13, 21:58:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I suppose that is why mr. Assume makes an appearance because I do have a niggling doubt that I have done all of that correctly so was hoping someone might have psychic powers enough to point me in the right direction (except the tight pants, I got that in the bag)

Pretty sure I'm all patched up, the startup thing doesn't say I need to install anything new.

The instructions on how to install the framework says  "Unzip in your main TS3 install directory" I may have gotten that wrong, but I gave it my best shot. What is the main install directory? Is it in documents, or program files?

also, I have AIDS
nythawk
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2011 May 13, 22:26:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

People around here will not hold your hand. But I'll be a little helpful and tell you to look here: http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,17454.0.html
Next time doing a search for installing the framework would be helpful too. Search is your friend.
Evildragonqueen
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2011 May 13, 23:46:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I did look there. For someone who doesn't know what theyre doing its a bit confusing, but then I also found Delphy's framework installer, and ran that so I should be gppd, but it still goes 'non responsive' in live mode. The music from the in game stero still plays...

also, I have AIDS
dragoness
Irritating Ignoramus

INTJ.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2011 May 14, 01:41:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Delphy's installer is out of date, I think. Install the framework manually.

The launcher lies about whether or not you are up to date... ALL of your exe's need to be patched to the latest but the launcher only checks the most recent exe. Use the patch updater from modtheims.info.

Check for tight pants.
Viscount
immortelleMuse
Blathering Buffoon

INTP

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2011 May 14, 01:56:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Are you sure it's Awesomemod? Because live-mode only crashing typically means that your game needs MOAR RAMS. Have you installed another EP or SP lately?

Try searching for how to add the game to the DEP Exception list. Granted you have more than 2 GB of RAM to begin with... and a PC. If not, you need a new computer, or ask one of the Mac people for that. And if that doesn't fix it, or you've already added the game to the DEP Exception list, then I'm going to blame it on tight pants.

No matter how old you are, no matter how badass you think you are, if a toddler hands you their ringing toy phone-- you answer it.
Phthon
Blathering Buffoon

Death is but the next great adventure.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2011 May 14, 15:40:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Are you sure it's Awesomemod? Because live-mode only crashing typically means that your game needs MOAR RAMS. Have you installed another EP or SP lately?

Try searching for how to add the game to the DEP Exception list. Granted you have more than 2 GB of RAM to begin with... and a PC. If not, you need a new computer, or ask one of the Mac people for that. And if that doesn't fix it, or you've already added the game to the DEP Exception list, then I'm going to blame it on tight pants.

Live-mode only crashing doesn't always mean MOAR RAMS. It happens to me occasionally and I have 12 GB of Ram. (And yes, they are all being recognized by my system.) It could also mean a conflict. It happens to me occasionally when I add new CC or hack and I have to remove it, then the crashing stops. However, since the OP had to install the framework, it can be assumed there is no CC except that which is installed through the launcher.

I thought about being born again, but my mother refused.
jedifarfy
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2011 May 16, 04:43:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm in the same boat, except I've been using AM from the beginning. I've reinstalled framework for the new shiny, triple checked everything's in its place, ran the updater, removed all CC, etc. etc. I can't play without AM. There are no others.

Edit: I found one ep didn't have the Resource file. I think I accidentally removed it. Step by step re-frameworking and I'm set. Cheesy
« Last Edit: 2011 May 19, 02:19:34 by jedifarfy » Logged
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2011 May 18, 00:34:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There's a surprisingly large amount of cruft that can be installed through the launcher. However, I can't reproduce this. Does it happen in a generic test hood? Because it's possible your save is simply corrupt.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Aldonn
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2011 June 13, 22:16:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have the same issue. I've been playing awesomemod for a while now, but since Generations, I can furnish my apartment just fine, but as soon as I go into live mode it crashes and says windows is looking for a solution. It doesn't actually tell me anything useful towards knowing what the problem is though.
kissing_toast
Retarded Reprobate

AIDE to Jezzers

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2011 June 13, 22:57:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have the same issue. I've been playing awesomemod for a while now, but since Generations, I can furnish my apartment just fine, but as soon as I go into live mode it crashes and says windows is looking for a solution. It doesn't actually tell me anything useful towards knowing what the problem is though.

This happens to me, once in a blue moon. Might just be a fluke. Happened a lot to me before though, until I upgraded my graphics card.

Cupcakes Taste Like Violence,KT_StoreFix

It's like a bowl of oranges, only one orange, is an orange of DOOM!
Torrasque
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2011 June 20, 14:51:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Also stupid n00b issues.

When I install the current(06/21/11) AM i then get the "Out of Date Mod" message when I try to start the game.
tgorle
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2011 June 21, 22:39:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Same issue. I've been playing sims 3 fine with AM for a while... really is an essential mod. Then this stupid June 21st message came up and it won't even let me play anymore. I don't even know how Awesomemod did this... the computer I play on isn't even connected to the net (internal clock, perhaps?). It's rather annoying. Get that "outdated mod" message when I load the game. If I go ahead and ignore it, Sims Outdoor life page opens up, but the load bar and music freeze. If I don't ignore it, sims closes. Now, I downloaded this most recent patch and followed the instructions, though I don't know what the instructions mean when they refer to "install optional configuration package" Perhaps that's the issue. Is the optional configuration package actually not optional? where do I find the thing?

If I can't get this thing to work, I'll probably just quit sims. Tried removing AM... it's not nearly as fun. Maybe I'll just go outside, build a few chicken coops, and get a life.... of course, you can't all let that happen to me! Suggestions, folks?
Tever
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2011 June 21, 23:21:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Same issue. I've been playing sims 3 fine with AM for a while... really is an essential mod. Then this stupid June 21st message came up and it won't even let me play anymore. I don't even know how Awesomemod did this... the computer I play on isn't even connected to the net (internal clock, perhaps?). It's rather annoying. Get that "outdated mod" message when I load the game. If I go ahead and ignore it, Sims Outdoor life page opens up, but the load bar and music freeze. If I don't ignore it, sims closes. Now, I downloaded this most recent patch and followed the instructions, though I don't know what the instructions mean when they refer to "install optional configuration package" Perhaps that's the issue. Is the optional configuration package actually not optional? where do I find the thing?

If I can't get this thing to work, I'll probably just quit sims. Tried removing AM... it's not nearly as fun. Maybe I'll just go outside, build a few chicken coops, and get a life.... of course, you can't all let that happen to me! Suggestions, folks?

I find search moar to be invaluable advice.
kissing_toast
Retarded Reprobate

AIDE to Jezzers

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2011 June 22, 01:49:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I find search moar to be invaluable advice.

Let's not forget "you're doing it wrong."

Cupcakes Taste Like Violence,KT_StoreFix

It's like a bowl of oranges, only one orange, is an orange of DOOM!
charlesc
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2011 July 10, 12:57:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Also stupid n00b issues.

When I install the current(06/21/11) AM i then get the "Out of Date Mod" message when I try to start the game.

Yeah, and I just found a "terrible" bug when you have this message prompted:
1- You know you will have this message so you alt+tab before it is needed, during the loading phase, when everything is dark and the "hourglass" (Or, the "circle who turns" in Windows vista/seven or whatever "thing" you have depending your OS) is here
2- You wait 'till the "hourglass" is gone and then alt+tab to check the message
(In my case, the message doesn't appear in game if I wait, that's why I must alt+tab)

1- when I load my savegame (any) I have a "corrupted save" message.
2- when I load my savegame, everythings is fine...

This seems to happen when you have custom contents installed with the luncher.
I don't really know where to post this, or even if it is related to awesome mod, so, I post it here just in case it can help someone passing...
« Last Edit: 2011 July 10, 13:44:11 by charlesc » Logged
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2011 July 10, 14:25:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Aimlak
Blathering Buffoon

Touched by His Noodly Appendage

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2011 July 10, 18:17:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This seems to happen when you have custom contents installed with the luncher.

I am particularly interested in this "luncher" you speak of. Does it provide lunch to you when you install cc? How does it work? I r intrigue.

Quote from: Assmitten
Oh COME NOW Mr. Serious, we both know there's people who like to be digitally watched while they digitally fellate someone in a platypus suit.
charlesc
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2011 July 10, 21:13:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah that's it Cheesy
It launches you lunch when you want to lunch.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: