More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 16, 17:16:21

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Insanely large lifespans; can't adjust or stop sim aging
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Insanely large lifespans; can't adjust or stop sim aging  (Read 4799 times)
Bijou
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Insanely large lifespans; can't adjust or stop sim aging
« on: 2011 July 30, 06:52:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ever since installing Generations and the 1.22 patch, I've been getting incredibly LARGE lifespan ranges in Options, and when I try to adjust to a different age span level, say from Epic to Long, it appears to change normally but as soon as I exit Options and return back to it, the crazy lifespan numbers reappear.  

I have Googled my ass off and can't find a solution for this, or even another instance of it for that matter.  I have Awesome Mod installed, but had Story Progression turned off b/c I was using Twallan's (updated to the latest).  All of the other mods I have (some NRaas and various convenience hacks and sliders) are updated for 1.22, and tonight I tried removing ALL of them, but the problem persisted.  I removed Twallan's SP mod, no improvement.  I tried testing the game on my 'troubleshooting' Win 7 account (a vanilla game, downloads, no cc, no mods, with AM installed), same problem.  I've cleared all caches, tried on different saved games.  Can't resolve it.  It wouldn't be SO bad (who wouldn't wanna live another 600,000+ days, right  Undecided), except my sims seem to be aging FASTER than if the lifespan was set to Short.  All of them seem to be within 1 day or so of aging to the next level, no matter what I change the in-game settings to, Story Progression on OR off, Twallan's SP enabled or disabled, Awesome Mod's SP enabled or disabled.  

The only thing I haven't tried is starting up the game without AM -- I need to get a no dvd crack apparently (could've sworn I already had one, aside from AM).  Has anyone else seen this or heard of this happening?  I was just wondering if it could even be AM related -- I've tested with all other mods excluded but AM.  I don't have any other major issues in the game besides lag, my computer & graphics card are fully updated, yada yada.  Just stumped to shit and back with this one.

« Last Edit: 2011 July 30, 07:03:01 by Bijou » Logged
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Insanely large lifespans; can't adjust or stop sim aging
« Reply #1 on: 2011 July 30, 08:11:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, it's not caused by AwesomeMod because it doesn't happen to me.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
borsco
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2011 July 30, 10:21:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I remembered seeing this elsewhere http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=448064
Bijou
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2011 August 01, 20:56:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for the link Borsco.  Unfortunately that fix didn't work either.  No clue what to do now.
DMDye
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2011 August 02, 00:37:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Patch up to 1.24.3?
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: