More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 12:13:31

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  new patch 1.24
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: new patch 1.24  (Read 29688 times)
bowrain
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
Re: new patch 1.24
« Reply #25 on: 2011 July 27, 16:06:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I installed Town Life Stuff and it patched my game from 1.22 to 1.23 and I can't find the 1.24 patch for 1.23. I really don't want to download a 600 mb patch.
William
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2011 July 27, 19:24:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am running the us version and yes The patch downloaded fine. I can run the game just fine without awesomemod. My game was running fine before I patched but since patching I just get informed that I have a mod that is not compatible with my game and I need to remove it or download a newer version made for the current game.
Tever
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2011 July 27, 20:48:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My powerful deductive capabilities lead me to assume that you're using an outdated version of Awesomemod. Perhaps you should download a newer version made for the current game.

I downloaded the patch and I am running the test version of Awesomemod but when I brought the game up after installing the 1.24 patch the game refused to start until I removed Awesomemod. Has anyone else had this problem?
bitterquill
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2011 July 27, 21:00:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Dammit. I somehow missed the earlier post until moments before you pointed out my dumbassery (and possible illiteracy), and didn't manage to fix it in time. I've been properly shamed.

Still, though. William: I know you said it works without AM, but are you using any other mods in conjunction with it that might be gumming up the works?
ZelRai
Corpulent Cretin

Go to Hell Starler and take this avatard with you.

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2011 July 27, 22:37:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Actually I have all the NRaas stuff, and have had no problem with the ErrorTrap. Nor for that matter, with any of the others.  I have noticed however, that the EA Jealousy has returned with 1.24 and the test mod. This is despite having Awesome Jealousy ON and a previously working tuner.     

1337 is a number not a word, even by my relaxed standards.
I am a yasha-kitsune, deal with it.
bowrain
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2011 July 28, 11:21:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I installed Town Life Stuff and it patched my game from 1.22 to 1.23 and I can't find the 1.24 patch for 1.23. I really don't want to download a 600 mb patch.

Found the patch, here it is just in case somebody installed TLS and can't find the patch either http://akamai.cdn.ea.com/eadownloads/u/f/sims/sims3/patches/Sims3_1.24.3.012002_from_1.23.65.012002.exe
« Last Edit: 2011 July 29, 06:18:39 by bowrain » Logged
William
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2011 July 28, 18:42:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am only running the Awesomemod patch, nothing else. I have the base game, world adventures and ambitions. I tried reloading awesome mod and it still tells me when I try to startup that I have a mod that is incomatible with my current version. I told it to go ahead and load and then when It was almost loaded Awesomemod sent me a message that it was not compatible with the current patch. I am playing the game without awesomemod right now but I sure miss the mod.
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2011 July 28, 18:56:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

New Patch, new Stuff Pack, therefore you will need a new version of AM. You need the test version, go find the test version.

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
http://www.mediafire.com/?ng20de0zmly
kissing_toast
Retarded Reprobate

AIDE to Jezzers

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2011 July 28, 20:01:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am only running the Awesomemod patch, nothing else. I have the base game, world adventures and ambitions. I tried reloading awesome mod and it still tells me when I try to startup that I have a mod that is incomatible with my current version. I told it to go ahead and load and then when It was almost loaded Awesomemod sent me a message that it was not compatible with the current patch. I am playing the game without awesomemod right now but I sure miss the mod.

Why is this so hard to figure out? Awesomemod, it doesn't lie.

Cupcakes Taste Like Violence,KT_StoreFix

It's like a bowl of oranges, only one orange, is an orange of DOOM!
ZelRai
Corpulent Cretin

Go to Hell Starler and take this avatard with you.

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2011 July 28, 20:50:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Here is a small hint.

1337 is a number not a word, even by my relaxed standards.
I am a yasha-kitsune, deal with it.
virgali
Malodorous Moron

Do you see a midget Hitler?!

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2011 July 29, 14:24:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Anybody here with Arrred games managed to install the patch successfully? Patch 1.22 installed just fine but for some reason this one won't. I ran Delphy's tool and the problem seems to be the newly added game/bin/packs folder. I have no clue how I would restore this since it's the 1.22 patch that created these.

So if someone with a successfully patched arrred game would like to tell me what they did to get theirs to work, I'd really appreciate it.

Do you need someone to organize your sock drawer?
kissing_toast
Retarded Reprobate

AIDE to Jezzers

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2011 July 29, 14:51:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

TL updated my game to 1.23 then the launcher updated it to 1.24, with no problems. Both Gen and TL were arr'd. I did read that people were getting errors when trying to use the singles patches if they didn't use all of the earlier single patches, so just use the big one.

Cupcakes Taste Like Violence,KT_StoreFix

It's like a bowl of oranges, only one orange, is an orange of DOOM!
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2011 July 29, 20:28:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have all EPs and SPs to date, all Arrr'd, they aren't even the same region. I used TS3_1.24.3.0120xx_update.exe before installing Town Life. No problems at all, although it did bother me that it required a Windows restart afterward.

Edit: Before now I have always updated each pack individually with downloaded patches.

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
http://www.mediafire.com/?ng20de0zmly
virgali
Malodorous Moron

Do you see a midget Hitler?!

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2011 July 30, 00:11:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well I got it installed in the end. I did a complete uninstall and re-install patched the game up till Town Life Outdoor using Origin and then I installed the Arrred version of the rest. I'm not sure if this means that the Generation fixes won't be applied though. It wasn't the arrred stuff that caused the error though. It was an obscure file that wasn't supposed to exist at the time of patching.
« Last Edit: 2011 July 30, 00:27:06 by virgali » Logged

Do you need someone to organize your sock drawer?
William
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2011 July 31, 17:52:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

OK, if anyone else is having a problem running Awesomemod with the new patch like I was this is how I solved my problem. I was using the test version when the patch came through and everything updated fine. I couldn't run the game with the patch though. (old stuff.) I finally dumped me current Awesomemod and reloaded it. I'm not usre why this worked but my game now plays fine with awesomemod. Thanks for the suggestions.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: