More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 28, 23:15:12

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Bridgeport Blues (Solved)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Bridgeport Blues (Solved)  (Read 4671 times)
YoungOldPrude
Corpulent Cretin

Cat-aholic

View Profile
Bridgeport Blues (Solved)
« on: 2011 July 25, 07:29:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The problem: Certain careers (Business, Journalism, Music, and more that I have not had the chance to check yet) are mirroring the hours hosted by the Film career. The cemetery career is also warped, but I do not have the precise hours' data on hand right now.
Games Installed: Base (duh), World Adventures, Ambitions, and Late Night.
Patched: Yes.
Specifically Patched:
Base: 1.22.9.011001
World Adventures: 2.14.4.010001
Ambitions: 4.7.4.010001
Late Night: 6.2.4.010001

Solutions Tried: Removed all mods (except AwesomeMod), cleared caches, started fresh games.

Example: Look at the Coffee Courier position in the Business career: The hours are supposed to be 8 AM to 2 PM. In Bridgeport they are 1 PM to 6 PM.
I took the business/restaurant combo building and placed it in Sunset Valley. The hours there were 8 AM to 2 PM, the same as the normal Sunset Valley business complex.
Back in a custom world, I found the hours to be 8 AM to 2 PM as well. It was then that I checked out a site that listed the Film career hours to be 1 PM to 6 PM.
So I went back to Bridgeport and deleted the film studio. No change, the hours in the business complex are still 1 PM to 6 PM.
I'm scheduled to install Generations later today, so I have no idea what the situation is going to be like.

Does anyone else have this problem?
Thank you for reading.
« Last Edit: 2011 July 25, 21:06:07 by YoungOldPrude » Logged

"There are two means of refuge from the misery of life—music and cats." ~Albert Schweitzer

"Happy people can be so cruel."
~ Claudia of Silent Hill 3.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Bridgeport Blues
« Reply #1 on: 2011 July 25, 09:57:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Feature, not a bug. Careers placed in the "downtown" neighborhood type can have different hours from their regular-hood counterparts.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
YoungOldPrude
Corpulent Cretin

Cat-aholic

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2011 July 25, 21:04:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What a strange feature. I'll be sure to remember not to mark "downtown" when I start creating custom worlds again. Thanks, JMP.

"There are two means of refuge from the misery of life—music and cats." ~Albert Schweitzer

jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2011 July 25, 21:36:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What a strange feature. I'll be sure to remember not to mark "downtown" when I start creating custom worlds again. Thanks, JMP.

It's not that strange.  The whole concept of the EP is nightlife, so they tweaked the hours to revolve around that.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
YoungOldPrude
Corpulent Cretin

Cat-aholic

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2011 July 27, 01:14:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's not that strange.  The whole concept of the EP is nightlife, so they tweaked the hours to revolve around that.

I thought it was a person's (or in this case, a Sim's) job to prioritize their life in order to fit in time for such nightlife. Careers don't normally work around you: You work your way around the career.

jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
Re: Bridgeport Blues (Solved)
« Reply #5 on: 2011 July 27, 03:31:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Careers don't normally work around you: You work your way around the career.

Because except for that, Sims games are known for their gritty realism?

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: