More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 20:36:59

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  Pudding Factory
| | |-+  Pudding Plots
| | | |-+  Frank Lloyd Wright's Robie House
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Frank Lloyd Wright's Robie House  (Read 8517 times)
yibble
FURRY
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
Frank Lloyd Wright's Robie House
« on: 2011 July 03, 19:24:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The Robie House by Frank Lloyd Wright, redone as a Sims 3 house. The interior makes no attempt to duplicate the interior of the original, but is rather an Awesomized lot with a multi-sprog pod, skillination zone, and high-quality appliances.

http://simthis.com/2011/07/sims-3-house-frank-lloyd-wrights-robie-house/

jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
Re: Frank Lloyd Wright's Robie House
« Reply #1 on: 2011 July 04, 05:40:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The Robie House by Frank Lloyd Wright, redone as a Sims 3 house. The interior makes no attempt to duplicate the interior of the original...

So, NOT the Robie House by Frank Lloyd Wright.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2011 July 04, 13:22:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not bad, architecturally, if a bit heavy on the dark brick.  This is not a deal breaker, since individual users can customize as they wish.  On the other hand, it's got a lot of wide open spaces inside, it seems.  The screenshots suggest that the distance between shower and terlet are quite far.  Given that puddings need to walk places to do things (or run, depending on your settings), this represents lots of wasted time.  Perhaps Frank enjoyed his morning walk to the terlet, and subsequent 3 mile hike to the kitchen - builds an appetite for breakfast.

Tribulatio proxima est
KawaiiMiyo
Dollaboo
Dimwitted Dunce

INFP! ^_^

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2011 July 05, 03:11:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The screenshots suggest that the distance between shower and terlet are quite far.  Given that puddings need to walk places to do things (or run, depending on your settings), this represents lots of wasted time.

Actually there only seems to be a 2-3 square space between shower and toilet... That's actually pretty reasonable. You also forget that while puddings do need to walk places to do things, they also seem to forget their surroundings sometimes and get stuck and lost quite easily. Most especially in bathrooms when another Sim wanders by. Bathrooms are always major bottlenecks in the game, so the extra couple of squares could be a benefit. Nothing is worse than hosting a huge party when every sim guest suddenly gets stuck in route fail outside a bathroom door because one Sim doesn't have enough space to be "Shooed" out properly before other sims decided to run over to chat. It seems sometimes a sim needs 4 good squares just to do an about face turn out the door.

However the hallways and most of the other spaces of that house seem unnecessarily large though.... I'd say those would be an extra waste of time if anything.

The hardest thing to explain is the glaringly evident which everybody had decided not to see. ~Ayn Rand
yibble
FURRY
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2011 July 05, 14:00:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

However the hallways and most of the other spaces of that house seem unnecessarily large though.... I'd say those would be an extra waste of time if anything.

I agree; it was a challenge to use up the available space, and I gave up by the time I got to the basement, which is enormous.  Apparently the building was used as a married student dorm in the 20's.
KawaiiMiyo
Dollaboo
Dimwitted Dunce

INFP! ^_^

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2011 July 06, 22:44:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I agree; it was a challenge to use up the available space, and I gave up by the time I got to the basement, which is enormous.  Apparently the building was used as a married student dorm in the 20's.

What size lot is it on? I always love replicating real houses for the Sims and I find over sized rooms a huge challenge myself sometimes. I'm working on one house that is based off of an old family property that my father used to have, and it started out taking up 40x60 lot. o.O; But I find if I lesson gaps between windows, or even cut out a bunch of windows I can greatly reduce the size of the house without sacrificing the overall appearance of a house.... If one wall actually has 20 windows in a row, 15 windows or even 10 in a row can sometimes still get the same point across. I managed to get it down to a 30x40 lot but I'm still trying to get it smaller...

I like the house though, and though I said the hallways were unnecessarily large, I can't be too critical because some houses I'm working on currently have empty hallways larger than that and I still haven't been able to find a way to fix them.

The hardest thing to explain is the glaringly evident which everybody had decided not to see. ~Ayn Rand
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: