More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 18, 00:43:33

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  Pudding Factory
| | |-+  Pudding Plots
| | | |-+  Jezzer's Terrace - Multilevel home
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Jezzer's Terrace - Multilevel home  (Read 9384 times)
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
Jezzer's Terrace - Multilevel home
« on: 2011 June 26, 01:34:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Skadi convinced me to share this house I made using lots and lots of Store content and a few cc items.  You will need your basegame patched to 1.22 to install this house in your game.  It makes use of mostly DECRAPIFIED Store Content, instructions for which can be found on this site.  It also uses EP and SP items from TS3, WA, AMB, LN, GEN, and OLS.  If you do not have the store content or EPs and SPs listed, it will replace them with in-game equivalents, but all the time and effort I took to make everything pretty and matchy-matchy will be down the shitter.  Some of the cc can only be found on MTS -- which is offline for the next few days -- so I have included the .package files for those items in the RAR.

House is on a 30x30 lot, and costs around $110,000 fully furnished.

GROUND FLOOR (Kitchen, Dining Room, Living Room/Den, Children's bedroom, 2 Bathrooms, exterior garden nook):
I felt the Bayside collection and the Faire Folk collection went really well together, so I made extensive use of them together, coordinating light wood with shades of green.  I used darker colors for the dining nook to contrast with the light wood dining set.  The children's room has its own bathroom and is decorated in monochromatic black and white.

SECOND FLOOR (Master Bedroom/Bath, Children's Bedroom/Bath, Connecting Hallway, outside deck)
On the second floor, I went for darker colors in the Master Bedroom using the Haute Hip Collection, with shades of black, white and red.  I continued this color theme in the bathroom.  For the children's room, I used items from the Faire Folk Nursery and the Through the Spy Glass Bedroom/Bathroom set, with pink and green as the dominant colors.

THIRD FLOOR (Rec Room, outside deck)
On the third floor, I just basically made a silly entertainment room in shades of purple, including a stereo, bar, and dance floor with light show.

BASEMENT (Laundry/Gym, Pool, Nectary)
On the first basement level, a laundry room with exercise equipment opens onto a "nectar"cellar and a swimming pool.

BASEMENT TWO (Lounge)
On the second basement level, I included a lounge with sectional seating, a professional bar for Mixology practice, and a windowed wall opening underwater into the pool.

The house can be downloaded HERE.

INCLUDED CC (.package and .sims3packs included for you to install):
Sophie Loveseat and Armchair, by Black 0rchid at MTS
Falling Water Stairs, by TVRDesigns
Boxy Lady Hedge, by TheJim07 at MTS
Converted M&G Ivy, by Sugichaco
Barely There Mortar Terrain paint by SimMiller @ MTS
Country Windows and Rock Edging, by HugeLunatic @ MTS
Cabaret Window Decoration, by Mango Sims
Kinedo Shower, by Sims Design Avenue (site defunct)

NOT INCLUDED:
Spring Set Sandbox Flowers, by Desdren
An Invitation Bamboo Planter, by Simcredible Designs (Living Room Sets, page 4)

Decrapified STORE SETS USED (links to all store content can be found in the store downloads thread, but you must decrapify it on your own to get it to show):
Regal Living
Steampunk
Sweet Escape Nursery (part of the Faire Folk sets)
Through the Spy Glass Bedroom and Bath
Animals Abound/Forest Bedroom/Wilderness Dreaming
Ultra Lounge Teen Set
Zen Again
Bayside Kitchen and Bathroom
Collection Stancke
Earth Day
Prius V Eco Pack
Faerie Folk Den/Slumber/Outdoor
Futureshock Living
Explorer's Loot
Haute Hip
Loads of Laundry
Mid-Century Fantasy

I hope you like, as I've really enjoyed playing this house.  If you ask me how to decrapify, I will EAT YOUR HEAD.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
jfade
Obtuse Oaf

Esteemed Senator Emeritus

View Profile WWW
Re: Jezzer's Terrace - Multilevel home
« Reply #1 on: 2011 June 26, 01:54:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I do love the multi-leveled basement, especially the pool. Nice touch, considering I had no idea you could build a pool underground. Looks like I'll have some new things to try when I build Pescado's lair for the new version of What's This? Tongue

At any rate, I will snag this and probably desecrate it by turning the third floor into a few more bedrooms since I tend to have larger controllable families. Good work!

Nifty Sims hacks and programs at: DJS Sims
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2011 June 26, 02:08:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's just brill mate! It's the size of house I like, there's room to move. I love the monochromatic children's bedroom. I'm always after something different to baby blue and spew pink. Also love the pool with the see-through sides and am dying to see the lights in the rec room. I'm looking forward to using spiral stairs again, I like your use of them, pretty clear routing by the looks of it.

You've inspired me now, I have a starter house for a fambly I made and I've been meaning to upload. It turned out, at 50k simoleans to be a bit pricey for a starter, but I like it. Probably not till next weekend though, I won't have time today.

How big is your lot?

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
jezzer
Grammar Police

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2011 June 26, 02:10:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's 30x30.  The house is off-center to the left, to allow room for a fishing pond and space to garden if you want.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2011 June 26, 02:19:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ha! I missed garden-gnome grotto first time round. Nice touch. Not too big a lot, either. Those MTS ones are so often 40x40 and up to 60x60.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
jezzer
Grammar Police

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2011 June 26, 02:28:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ha! I missed garden-gnome grotto first time round. Nice touch. Not too big a lot, either. Those MTS ones are so often 40x40 and up to 60x60.

Well, you know.  I HAD to have Gnomes on hand, in case Trepie downloaded it.  Cheesy

I've played this house extensively with a fambly of six, and the only issue I've had is with reading to toddlers, if the toddler is on the second floor.  The adults keep grabbing a book and heading to the ground floor, leaving the toddler upstairs to throw a fit on the stair landing.  I think that has more to do with EA's route fail than my haus planning, but keeping the nursery on the ground floor makes it a non-issue.

The house originally had a lot more decorative items, but so many of them were WA relics I had found, collectibles, and personal paintings and photos.  I deleted them to remove my fambly's "stamp" on the house.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: