More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 05:57:11

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  University students have amnesia, lose student status, pop tons of object errors
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: University students have amnesia, lose student status, pop tons of object errors  (Read 7491 times)
gesundheit
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
University students have amnesia, lose student status, pop tons of object errors
« on: 2011 June 25, 08:47:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I sent three university students on vacation. Some of them had already been on vacations before with no problem. Then once they got to one of the Takemizu Village lots, the "flaming dragon" hotel, they started glitching all over the place, with object errors constantly having to be reset. I sent them home, which I am now kicking myself for, since it turned out to be a mistake. Now their whole family on the university lot is glitched, and even when I moved them out and onto a different lot, some of the sims are still unplayable, with object errors popping up every second. Two of the sims that got sent on vacation have forgotten that they are students, showing their age as somewhere in the middle of being an adult or teen, even though they used to have only one semester left before graduating. They also have lost their aspiration, by which I mean that the place that used to have the romance sim symbol next to the want slots is now just a blank space. Also, even though they have memories of what they did most recently on the vacation, their 'mementos' panel has been emptied so now it only has the number of achievements filled in that she had when she was a teenager, even though it was almost completed before the glitch happened.

I had the boolprop cheat on at the time, another mistake I am kicking myself for. This whole sim amnesia thing happened to me before when I sent university students on vacation a while ago, and that time I could never fix it, even when I had the glitched sims living outside the university as an adult. I just had to kill them off to make the glitches stop. But this time I really don't want to kill them off because they're part of a long challenge and killing them off would ruin it. Does anyone know how to get glitched sims like this back to normal?
Tarlia
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
Re: University students have amnesia, lose student status, pop tons of object errors
« Reply #1 on: 2011 June 25, 08:54:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It sounds like your neighbourhood was already irreversibly corrupted long before you sent these sims on vacation. I doubt it had anything to do with the vacations, sounds like that just somehow triggered the glitches. There is most likely nothing you can do to save it now, and you're better off starting fresh, extracting your sims, etc.

(By the way, simply having "the boolprop cheat" (debug mode) on does NOT do any damage. It's only "dangerous" if you're using it to fuck around with things you shouldn't.)
gesundheit
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
Re: University students have amnesia, lose student status, pop tons of object errors
« Reply #2 on: 2011 June 25, 09:14:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Can you tell me more about extracting sims? How does it work? Can it let me move sims to another neighborhood with families and relationships intact?

And is there a way to save the sims that keep popping glitches and forgot they were students?
Ichigo
Corpulent Cretin

Hellbitch

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2011 June 25, 11:11:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Extracting a sim involves going into SimPE and getting copies of their apperances, remaking them, then setting their family ties. This is a huge undertaking. I wouldn't do it unless you were completely enamored with this fambly. Speaking of, moving sims between neighborhoods in game will screw up your neighborhood so this involves more SimPE work. From the looks of it, you can't save them.

ENFP. God help you all.
gesundheit
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2011 June 25, 12:03:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Extracting a sim involves going into SimPE and getting copies of their apperances, remaking them, then setting their family ties. This is a huge undertaking. I wouldn't do it unless you were completely enamored with this fambly. Speaking of, moving sims between neighborhoods in game will screw up your neighborhood so this involves more SimPE work. From the looks of it, you can't save them.

Do you think I could sort of temporarily patch up my neighborhood by extracting copies of the affected sims, and then replacing the glitched ones with clones that have the same relationships and memories?
Ichigo
Corpulent Cretin

Hellbitch

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2011 June 25, 12:56:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm Unawesome, but I'm pretty sure the game would know the clones were impostors. Besides, it's the neighborhood that's causing your problems. If your heart's set on these sims, then extract & insert into NEW neighborhood. Poke around on how to do this.

ENFP. God help you all.
Tarlia
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2011 June 25, 15:20:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, corruption in the neighbourhood is what's breaking your sims, not the other way around. Even if you completely delete the affected sims using Pescado's instructions (which you wouldn't want to do anyway, since they're important to you), your 'hood would still be a lost cause. Like Ichigo says, the only way to save them is to do all the work involved in extracting them and putting them in a new 'hood, and then restore relationships and memories in SimPE. There's multiple guides around on how to do this. Try google.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: