More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 27, 04:45:36

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Constant Route Failure
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Constant Route Failure  (Read 7454 times)
KawaiiMiyo
Dollaboo
Dimwitted Dunce

INFP! ^_^

View Profile
Constant Route Failure
« on: 2011 June 18, 06:28:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is anyone else having problems with constant route failure while playing? Up until now I've mostly been building and creating, it's only recently that I've actually been playing a Sim family. It seems as if my Sims are unable to go to any location outside their direct path.

If they are in the basement I have to walk them upstairs, then outside in order for them to check the mail. Likewise for my Sim kids to actually go to school or visit a community lot I have to first walk them outside, then to the front of the lot, and then inside, otherwise they just remain stuck. using resetSim doesn't seem to work.

I'm all patched up with all expansions, using the most recent AM test version and Twallan's master controller.

It's on a custom world, I'm not sure if that could be the issue, or maybe for some reason I have the lot placement wrong on every single lot or something? Perhaps it's the fences? Could it be EA or AwesomeMod? Or would it be safe to say that my game is just flat out broken? Spent awhile searching and any info on this seemed to be over a year old and related to a much older patch, so any info on this would be appreciated. Thanks.

The hardest thing to explain is the glaringly evident which everybody had decided not to see. ~Ayn Rand
Tarlia
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
Re: Constant Route Failure
« Reply #1 on: 2011 June 18, 06:52:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Should this be in the TS3 forum...?
KawaiiMiyo
Dollaboo
Dimwitted Dunce

INFP! ^_^

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2011 June 18, 20:39:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Should this be in the TS3 forum...?

Yes. Yes it should. Wasn't paying attention, my bad. Was wondering why I couldn't find my post in the right forum. Can this get moved?
« Last Edit: 2011 June 18, 20:49:46 by KawaiiMiyo » Logged

The hardest thing to explain is the glaringly evident which everybody had decided not to see. ~Ayn Rand
Tangie
Exasperating Eyesore

INFJ

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2011 June 19, 11:48:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've read about a few people complaining that the World Editor is borking custom worlds. That any time you change anything in a custom world - bulldoze a lot, change a lot from res to comm or vice versa, or add lots using the World Editor, that it might be messing up the world creator's routing - so you end up with route fail and eventually freezing or lagging.

This is largely untested as far as I can tell, and not everyone seems to be experiencing this, but your post made me think of it and wonder if there isn't some truth to it. I personally have seen an increase in route fail icons over sims' heads while playing custom worlds but need to experiement some more to see if I see lag and freezing develop.

(Edited for clarity.)
Sammy
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2011 June 19, 16:12:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've been getting the same route failures when playing the neighbourhood that came with Ambitions, so I don't think it's just custom worlds. This has only started with Generations, though I thought it may have had something to do with the spiral staircase, but when trying to have my sims get to work from the first floor they spaz out and cancel the action before they can get outside. I have to teleport them to the front lawn before they can go.
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2011 June 19, 18:30:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've had a few places become unroutable after installing Generations, always with staired areas, such as the Hot Springs in China, or Jesslla's Dance Club lot she uploaded.  At least in the case of Jesslla's club, deleting and replacing the stairs fixed it.  I haven't tried this elsewhere.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
Daimon
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2011 June 20, 07:51:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The Hot Springs in China work fine for me, but I've noticed increased route fail in general -- at times the whole lot of 'em act like they have a short term memory of 20 seconds when you queue things for them to do.
KawaiiMiyo
Dollaboo
Dimwitted Dunce

INFP! ^_^

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2011 June 21, 01:16:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've had a few places become unroutable after installing Generations, always with staired areas, such as the Hot Springs in China, or Jesslla's Dance Club lot she uploaded.  At least in the case of Jesslla's club, deleting and replacing the stairs fixed it.  I haven't tried this elsewhere.

I went ahead and tried that with some stairs but it didn't seem to help. I also went ahead and tried deleting and replacing lots to no avail. And there seems to be tons of this on gated community lots even. And I don't know if it's just me, just walking around the house seems to be a larger issue again, I don't remember my sims getting "Stuck" in doorways quite so much before, at least not with AM.

at times the whole lot of 'em act like they have a short term memory of 20 seconds when you queue things for them to do.

Definitely. I've queued things up with several sims just to check back on them 30 seconds later to find everything had been dropped... Once while I was having everything on FF to speed up skilling and crafting, I checked on one sim to find him standing outside with his hunger bar in the red, he had gone to get the mail or something and couldn't find his way back.

wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2011 June 21, 04:51:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I went ahead and tried that with some stairs but it didn't seem to help. I also went ahead and tried deleting and replacing lots to no avail. And there seems to be tons of this on gated community lots even. And I don't know if it's just me, just walking around the house seems to be a larger issue again, I don't remember my sims getting "Stuck" in doorways quite so much before, at least not with AM.

Did you start a new game, or are you using an old saved game and what neighbourhood are you playing?  So far I haven't seen any problems with routing anywhere.  At least nothing that hasn't existed since the base game, or earlier EPs due to the shitty EAxis work.

I am not a complete idiot, some of the parts are missing.
KawaiiMiyo
Dollaboo
Dimwitted Dunce

INFP! ^_^

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2011 June 21, 08:29:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did you start a new game, or are you using an old saved game and what neighbourhood are you playing?  So far I haven't seen any problems with routing anywhere.  At least nothing that hasn't existed since the base game, or earlier EPs due to the shitty EAxis work.

I usually get a bit obsessive and do a fresh reinstall of the game with each new expansion pack, and usually start a new game as well. Though I do have saved exports of clean lots, households, and my custom world I usually play(all without CC). So I am using my custom neighborhood, though I have played it before generations without issue, so I'd hate to pin the problem on that... I haven't tried seeing how things go with an EA neighborhood yet. I'll be giving that a try next.
« Last Edit: 2011 June 21, 08:41:27 by KawaiiMiyo » Logged

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: