More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 26, 18:44:29

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  Pudding Factory
| | |-+  Cannot install Sims 3 Packs from this site
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Cannot install Sims 3 Packs from this site  (Read 7406 times)
boyqee
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
Cannot install Sims 3 Packs from this site
« on: 2011 June 12, 23:45:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hi there

I'm new, and have downloaded a few files from here http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,15100.0.html however, after following all of the correct instructions to the letter, whenever I exit the launcher and reopen it all the items I have installed have uninstalled, but are still present in the 'downloads' section.

Please can someone help me out? These are the instructions I followed:

How to install custom content

1.  Download the file.  It will probably be a .zip or .rar file, but it could be a .Sims3Pack file as well.
    2.  Is it a .Sims3Pack file?  If yes, skip this step and go to #3.  If no, unzip the file (using 7zip, winrar, etc.) and extract the .Sims3Pack file(s) to someplace you can find again.
    3.  Launch Compressorizor Redux (http://forum.jfade.com/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=468) and click on the "Add Files to List" button in the lower left hand.  Browse to the file where you extracted the .Sims3Pack file(s)  (note: some files have already been through this tool before they were uploaded, but it doesn't hurt to do it again if you are not sure).
    4.  Click the "Go" button in the middle bottom.  Some windows will flash up and disappear.  You will get a pop up box saying that the operation was successful.  Click OK.
    5.  Is the .Sims3Pack a Patterns, Lots, Households and Sims?  If yes, install using the 3Viewer http://forum.jfade.com/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=466 and you're done, I think (I haven't done this yet, so I have no further details on it).  If no, go to step #6.
    6.  Double click on the .Sims3Pack, the Sims 3 Launcher will run and you will see your .Sims3Pack listed as a new item in the download section.  A second window, the installer, will pop up and if everything works, will give you a Success! message.  Click okay and you're done.  I'm blocking the launcher from phoning home and everything is still installing correctly, I'm not sure what happens if you don't block it.
    7.  You can delete/move the .Sims3Pack files in the Downloads folder in your "My Documents" folder and you can delete all files from the DCBackup file without removing the CC you just installed.

I am using a PC.

I would really appreciate if, like in another thread like this I have seen, people didn't criticise me for not having searched the forum for help before posting my own thread, because I have searched both this site and the internet itself and have found nothing that helps.

Many thanks.
Jeebus
Nitwitted Nuisance

MATY's Lord and Savior

View Profile
Re: Cannot install Sims 3 Packs from this site
« Reply #1 on: 2011 June 12, 23:47:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You've missed the most important thing you have to do.  Since you say you've searched, I'll give it to you: decrapify, decrapify, decrapify.

"Terminate the erroneous data" is an awesome euphemism for an abortion.
boyqee
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2011 June 12, 23:52:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You've missed the most important thing you have to do.  Since you say you've searched, I'll give it to you: decrapify, decrapify, decrapify.

I had the setting on 'Normal'! Argh, how typical. They could have included that in the instructions. Thanks! I'll let you know how it goes.
boyqee
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2011 June 13, 01:49:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It works! Thank you from the bottom of my thieving heart.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: