More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 14:38:19

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Sim menu lag with custom content
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Sim menu lag with custom content  (Read 7089 times)
Clara
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
Sim menu lag with custom content
« on: 2011 June 11, 19:38:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A couple months ago I upgraded my CPU and switched from 32-bit XP to 64-bit 7. TS3 ran fine with my old setup and I kept all the same settings and custom content, the majority of which is 1.5GB of decrapified store content in DCCache. After I installed the game and all the EPs I noticed a strange problem: when I click on the active Sim there is a two-second delay before the menu pops up. When I click on another Sim there is about a one-second delay. There is no delay when clicking objects. When I take out the contents of DCCache this delay completely disappears. I tried moving the DBC files to my Mods folder instead, using Moryrie's store packages, and reinstalling all of it through the launcher but nothing changed. The game runs great in every other way and the delay is unrelated to whether the Sim is using any of the store content.

I never had anything like this happen with my old computer setup even though I had the exact same DBC files in my game. I was searching for other people with this problem and found this thread on MTS. As someone noted, the people with the issue so far have both a bunch of CC (store or otherwise) and are on 64-bit Windows 7. Apparently it's only been an issue for some since the Generations patch but mine was doing this before that too. Does anyone here have anything like this happening in their game, or is using Win7-64 and a lot of store content with no problems? It's driving me crazy trying to fix it and I'm annoyed that I upgraded my computer just to have one of my games run a bit worse.

Specs:

Windows 7 Home 64-bit
GeForce 8800 GT 512MB (yes, it's old, upgrading this year)
AMD Athlon II X4 640 Propus 3.0GHz
4GB DDR3 RAM
Chain_Reaction
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
Re: Sim menu lag with custom content
« Reply #1 on: 2011 June 12, 02:18:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Mine does this too and I am on 32 bit XP so that is not the cause. It has also been doing it since ambitions for me. I assumed it was one of the mods I have running too many code checks every time the menu is generated. I haven't been annoyed enough by it to go through the trouble of figuring out whats causing it yet. If you do, please leave a note here.
Anach
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2011 June 12, 07:28:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Mine does this too and I am on 32 bit XP so that is not the cause. It has also been doing it since ambitions for me. I assumed it was one of the mods I have running too many code checks every time the menu is generated. I haven't been annoyed enough by it to go through the trouble of figuring out whats causing it yet. If you do, please leave a note here.

That's pretty much what I assumed too.

Clara
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2011 June 12, 13:36:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's the thing, though, it persists even when I have nothing in my Mods folder except a No CD package. If it's amount of content rather than type then removing the DCCache files would make the biggest difference since I have a rather piddling amount of non-store CC, only 70MB or so. I just don't understand why having over a gig of custom/store content would slow my game down in this one specific way when it never did before.
Anach
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2011 June 12, 13:44:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Have you tried a resetworld/reset everything type command, and does the issue go away temporarily when you do?

Clara
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2011 June 12, 13:54:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't have an ongoing save file right now so I've only been testing this in freshly generated EA worlds. The delay's been the same in each.
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2011 June 12, 16:53:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have the same issue whenever I click a sim, and it's been on-going for a while, but it doesn't annoy me to the point of being a gamebreaker.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
Clara
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2011 June 12, 17:03:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The annoyance is my own fault, I just hate problems I can't figure out how to fix.

I have made some progress in defining the issue, though: the delay only occurs when store object content is loaded. I separated all my store files into CAS and object and the game runs perfectly with only CAS content, even though that takes up 1.2GB and the objects 300MB. Ever strange.
simangelgoth
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2011 June 27, 01:53:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just read this. And I'm having the Same problem. Thought it was a mod. Took them all out and Still having the Same problem.
Always a delay when clicking on a Sim.
Jeebus
Nitwitted Nuisance

MATY's Lord and Savior

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2011 June 27, 01:54:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just read this. And I'm having the Same problem. Thought it was a mod. Took them all out and Still having the Same problem.
Always a delay when clicking on a Sim.
I don't know What.  Your problem.  Could possibly Be.

"Terminate the erroneous data" is an awesome euphemism for an abortion.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: