More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 15:11:27

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Decrapified Store content missing in downloaded lots
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Decrapified Store content missing in downloaded lots  (Read 20350 times)
Mimic
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Decrapified Store content missing in downloaded lots
« on: 2011 June 07, 18:14:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Recently I've downloaded several lots which use store content, and some of the items get replaced by non-store items, even though I do have them installed. This in a decrapified install and in a fresh new game. I decrapified the lot's sims3pack, installed it, then decrapified my save, library and userpresets. I've tried deleting my DCCache and reinstalling all my decrapified sims3packs then decrapifying my save, library and userpresets, still the objects get replaced. What's odd is that some of them appear normally, such as the Estate Fence, while others get replaced, like the Archibald Door.

I use the Recompressor tool to decrapify, not sure if that affects anything.
Tever
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
Re: Decrapified Store content missing in downloaded lots
« Reply #1 on: 2011 June 07, 19:19:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's normal, but someone else will have to explain why.
kissing_toast
Retarded Reprobate

AIDE to Jezzers

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2011 June 07, 19:59:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If the lots were made with paid for store cc then they will not show up no matter what you do. Once you decrap they become "different" objects so technically you don't have them. The ones that show up are items that the creator pirated, the ones that don't show up are items the creator paid for.  I do believe if you  use packages they might show up, I'm not sure though. 

Cupcakes Taste Like Violence,KT_StoreFix

It's like a bowl of oranges, only one orange, is an orange of DOOM!
Moryrie
Juvenile Jackass

INTJ... Apparently

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2011 June 07, 20:07:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you use packages anything paid for will show up, but nothing decrapped will show up. If you decrap the packages... everything decrapped will show up, and nothing paid for will show up. If you have paid for stuff installed via the launcher, and non-decrapped packages, the launcher stuff will override the packaged stuff. Finally, if you have decrapped launcher stuff, and undecrapped packages, every store item installed with both methods will be duplicated.

This is why people who decrap are not supposed to share. Pescado even mentioned that they shouldn't share ages ago.

"Of two evils, choose the prettier."
Mimic
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2011 June 07, 20:45:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So if I want the objects in the lots to show up, I have to reinstall by converting the crappified sims3packs to packages?
« Last Edit: 2011 June 07, 21:07:10 by Mimic » Logged
Clara
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2011 June 07, 20:49:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Strangely, decrapified Sim and world Sims3Pack files that contain pay store content work just fine, so it seems like lots would be the same way. I tried poking into the library files at one point but didn't get very far. Decrapifying did change some values in the file but the objects still wouldn't show up.
kissing_toast
Retarded Reprobate

AIDE to Jezzers

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2011 June 07, 21:30:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So if I want the objects in the lots to show up, I have to reinstall by converting the crappified sims3packs to packages?

Why not just do it the easy way and manually replace the stuff?

Baarogue
Asinine Airhead

has appeared!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2011 June 08, 09:26:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Why not just do it the easy way and manually replace the stuff?

That's the easy way vs. simply decrapifying the lots?

Wait, nevermind. That won't work, will it.
« Last Edit: 2011 June 08, 12:29:06 by Baarogue » Logged
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2011 June 10, 11:22:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Decrapified content SHOULD work provided the lot is decrapified as well. However, if the lot doesn't actually contain the items anymore, then decrapifying cannot fix links to objects which no longer exist.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Clara
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2011 June 10, 12:42:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Here's an example lot with quite a bit of store content and no custom content: http://modthesims.info/d/403277. I just now downloaded and decrapified the Sims3Pack the same way I've always done and installed it through the launcher. When I placed it in the game none of the store content showed up. The only objects that seem to work sometimes are fences. Like I mentioned before, decrapifying works fine for worlds and Sims but not lots.
Mimic
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2011 June 10, 13:29:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Decrapified content SHOULD work provided the lot is decrapified as well. However, if the lot doesn't actually contain the items anymore, then decrapifying cannot fix links to objects which no longer exist.

What sort of actions might cause the lot not to contain the items anymore?
Jessnova
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2011 July 16, 23:12:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

All right, seems I'm always a little behind the curve.  I JUST discovered this problem when I tried to install a sweet castle from MTS and all the banners got replaced by butterflies.  I've tried installing via launcher, extracting the s3p to a .package file and plopping that in my Library, and doing both after decrapifying.  I've cleared cache, and the store content is still not showing.  I understand from my meager searchings that this is just something that happens and no one really knows why it doesn't work like it should.

I just wanted to see if anyone had figured out the proper combination of installation and decrapification to get the store content to shown in downloaded lots.  If it's not just random EA craziness and I'm just screwed.  That castle has a LOT of windows and furniture to replace by hand if I'm screwed into doing it manually.

-tastes like chikin
kissing_toast
Retarded Reprobate

AIDE to Jezzers

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2011 July 16, 23:57:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

From what I've experienced, you must use the same method that the creator used. If s/he used legit store cc then you must use legit store cc, if s/he used decrapped packages, then you must use decrapped packages. Try sending the creator a PM asking which method they used, you might get lucky and s/he used arr'd items.

MegAnne
Knuckleheaded Knob

ENTP - Provider of graveside services

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2011 July 17, 04:18:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

From what I've experienced, you must use the same method that the creator used. If s/he used legit store cc then you must use legit store cc, if s/he used decrapped packages, then you must use decrapped packages. Try sending the creator a PM asking which method they used, you might get lucky and s/he used arr'd items.
I'm under the impression that the issue is a bit more complex. After downloading, from MTS, the lot referenced by Clara (Mirkwood) and two castles (Vampire and Swamp), I extracted them to packages with Delphy's tool and dropped them in the Library. I decided  to test the following: Gothique Window, Faire Folk Bench, Magical Faire Door, Magical Faire Gate, Castle Double Door and Galileo's Observer.  In my laptop I used the regular EA store-bought Sims3pack via Launcher. In my desktop, I used the store Sims3pack downloaded here, only compressorized (not decrapped) and extracted to packages.  In my desktop, as expected, the items show as CC in Buy and in Build. But, in both cases, the items show in the lots.

"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea." -- Robert A. Heinlein
kissing_toast
Retarded Reprobate

AIDE to Jezzers

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2011 July 17, 13:03:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Right, they show up because both versions used non decrapped items. I would guess that if you tried that using decrapped sims3packs instead of packages they won't show up.  It's more a decrapped vs. Non decrapped rather than packs vs. Packages.

Jessnova
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2011 July 17, 20:36:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What makes me confused is why decrapping the Lot file doesn't make things match up.  And even more confusing is that some people seem to have managed to get these lots working without knowing exactly what it was that fixed it.

I don't download lots often, but I want the interiors to look like they were intended to on those rare occasions that I AM seduced by some sweet architecture.  As is the case with those candlelight castles.  Meh.  I'm going to try a couple more things and then give up on it.

-tastes like chikin
kissing_toast
Retarded Reprobate

AIDE to Jezzers

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2011 July 17, 20:51:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If I wasn't so lazy I'd do some troubleshooting, IF. I don't use other peoples lots so I don't really care, but there is a lot I built using packages that I'd like to get right. Since now I use sims3packs, and I don't feel like replacing everything in the lot.

Jessnova
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2011 July 17, 22:35:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

All right.  I semi-fixed my problem by replacing my decrapped Store content with all of Moryrie's untouched files.  I left the decrapified lot installed to test, and it worked fine.  I might try launcher installing the original lot for an untouched copy of that, but I don't see that it's really needed.

Whelp, now I know.

-tastes like chikin
MegAnne
Knuckleheaded Knob

ENTP - Provider of graveside services

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2011 July 18, 00:14:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And even more confusing is that some people seem to have managed to get these lots working without knowing exactly what it was that fixed it.
I wish I knew a lot better what s3rc does. Based on what I experienced so far, "s3rcing" a store Sims3pack (without "decrapping") changes it enough to be able to extract packages that can be modified by s3pe or merged or just used by Sims3 directly and still "work" in lots. If I understood correctly, the "decrapped" Sims3pack and packages become different objects and can't be "recognized".
« Last Edit: 2011 July 18, 03:19:24 by MegAnne » Logged

"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea." -- Robert A. Heinlein
kissing_toast
Retarded Reprobate

AIDE to Jezzers

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2011 July 18, 02:58:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If I understood correctly, the "decrapped" Sims3pack and packages become different objects and can't be "recognized".

Right, which is how it tricks the game into thinking it's not a store item, thus, letting it install. So maybe it is just a matter of decrapped vs. vanilla then. I was under the impression that S3RC simply just compressed items, I had no idea it let you open up store cc, good to know.

Anach
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: 2011 July 18, 06:21:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I tested the imported lot vs decrapifed issue with the help of my Wife, as I wanted finally work out what was going on. I decrapify all my items, where as my wife doesn't. She has some of her stuff installed via launcher and other via package, none of which is decrapified. She built a lot for me to test, using a mix of items from from her packages and her launcher installed items. I took the sims3pack and decrapified it, then installed it. No Store stuff showed up when I loaded up the house, only base game and EP/SP stuff.

So it appears that the method used to install stuff doesn't matter. It seems that if the author doesn't decrapify their items before building the house, then the downloaded house will have no store objects for us decrapifiers.

No big loss. I can make do without.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2011 July 18, 10:43:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Send me the afflicted lot pre-decrapification and I will take a look at it.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Anach
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: 2011 July 18, 10:53:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Send me the afflicted lot pre-decrapification and I will take a look at it.

ftp.kludgemush.com/incoming/OakishHome.7z

This was a test house made with a mix of package and sims3pack installed store content. Neither the lot or the content was decrapified.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2011 July 18, 14:24:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I tend to mostly have only the more interesting and older sets. This wasn't built with too much of the really new repetitive crap, was it? I stopped getting most of the furniture packs sometime last year.

Anach
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: 2011 July 19, 11:50:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I tend to mostly have only the more interesting and older sets. This wasn't built with too much of the really new repetitive crap, was it? I stopped getting most of the furniture packs sometime last year.

Kitchen, Main Bed, Bathroom were all last year stuff.

The only stuff she has installed via package is new content. Older stuff she has via the launcher. However, the sets themselves to matter, it works the same regardless of sets, so if you name a couple sets, I can ask her to build a very simple test house specifically with that content, which should make it easier for you to track.

Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: