More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 28, 13:13:10

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  You cannot enter Edit Town when a Sim in your household is dying
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: You cannot enter Edit Town when a Sim in your household is dying  (Read 4014 times)
skington
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
You cannot enter Edit Town when a Sim in your household is dying
« on: 2011 July 22, 23:11:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm getting the error as per subject heading when I try to Edit Town. I suspect this has something to do with an Unlucky Sim of mine dying after trying to upgrade a food replicator, and then the Grim Reaper not turning up. I ended up doing a resetsim on said Sim, and didn't think twice about any of this until many, many days later.

I've since done fixall, and resetsim on all members of the household, to no avail.

I'm running TS3 6.4.5.011031 + WA + AMB + LN + HELS with the latest version of AwesomeMod (well, latest as of a few days ago).

The NRaas supercontroller is silently failing if I try to query the neighbourhood.

This is my saved game

Any ideas?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: You cannot enter Edit Town when a Sim in your household is dying
« Reply #1 on: 2011 July 23, 01:00:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
skington
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: You cannot enter Edit Town when a Sim in your household is dying
« Reply #2 on: 2011 July 23, 11:49:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

After some experimentation, it appears that having my Sim die normally results in the Grim Reaper turning up as normal, but after my Sim dives into their tombstone, the Grim Reaper tries to go through the whole scythe business again. Now-ghost Sim reappears curled into a ball, but nothing happens. Nuking both the grim reaper and the sim solves the problem, and lets me Edit town again. (I might have had to do killallnpcs first.)

And that's fine; I'll just wait until the old man has to die, and I'll do without editing town for now.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: