More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 27, 16:38:29

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Uninteractable Band (Also No Opportunities)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Uninteractable Band (Also No Opportunities)  (Read 7515 times)
sumgold
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
Uninteractable Band (Also No Opportunities)
« on: 2011 July 12, 03:10:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My band Sims suddenly cannot interact with the band anymore. All the members of the band are in my household and every time that I try to give out commands for the band, the only interaction that pops up is to rename my band. This has affected all band members so none of them can quit or disband the group. I later noticed that all band members stopped getting opportunities entirely. No gigs, no celebrity opportunities, no job opportunities... I can still force opportunities fine but I don't want to do that. Any ideas on what's up?
Jeebus
Nitwitted Nuisance

MATY's Lord and Savior

View Profile
Re: Uninteractable Band (Also No Opportunities)
« Reply #1 on: 2011 July 12, 03:12:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What troubleshooting have you tried so far?  Have you checked for conflicting mods?

"Terminate the erroneous data" is an awesome euphemism for an abortion.
sumgold
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2011 July 12, 03:22:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have all mods up to date, no conflicting custom content, tried clearing my caches, all that jazz. They still have no interactions.
wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2011 July 12, 04:35:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have all mods up to date, no conflicting custom content, tried clearing my caches, all that jazz. They still have no interactions.

That does not mean there isn't a conflict with your mods.  Have you tried basic troubleshooting, such as removing the mods to make sure there isn't a conflict?  Just because they are all updated doesn't mean they all still play nice together.

I am not a complete idiot, some of the parts are missing.
sumgold
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2011 July 12, 04:45:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes I have, in fact. The problem persists even after all of my mods are taken out.
bitterquill
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2011 July 12, 04:57:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do other bands in the same neighborhood retain their interactions? What about in a new neighborhood?
sumgold
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2011 July 12, 17:51:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It looks like other bands in the same neighborhood's interactions and opportunities are fine, as well as Sims in other neighborhoods. It appears that it's just my Sims that don't have the interactions. I tried a bunch of other things like selling my instruments and then restarting the game and buying new ones, as well as evicting the Sims out and moving them back in. I even resorted to using resetworld and nothing happened. I also tried moving my Sims to a different neighborhood to see if that would do something. In the new neighborhood, the band button doesn't pop up whenever I click on something and now the interactions for managing the band disappears entirely. The game still thinks they're in a band though. At least their opportunities were working again.
ElectricSimmer
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2011 July 21, 06:59:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I never got any gigs when I made a band anyway...
soozelwoozel
Senator

Success Weasel, School of notovny '11

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2011 July 21, 11:00:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had this problem too, and I have no mods or CC except Sims Store objects. Even when the Store objects are removed, the problem persisted. I'm not sure if I still have this issue, as I stopped bothering with bands.

KNOCK KNOCK, JUNIOR\'S HERE
dragonic
Blathering Buffoon

Lurker extraordinaire

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2011 July 21, 14:56:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Concerning the opportunities, here's some possible causes and solutions:

Quote from: Carl's Sims 3 Guide - Guitar Skill
"The Guitar Star challenge is bugged. You can't throw parties and complete it. It's actually related to guitar skill opportunities. So, if you want to complete guitar star with any reliability you should make sure the Sim only uses the guitar skill, so other skills' opportunities don't come up."

And also this:
Quote from: Sims Wikia - Guitar Skill
"[The Guitar Star] Challenge is completed by completing 10 Opportunities for venues (see opportunities below). Many people have reported this to be a bug but it is not, it is just highly unlikely for a sim who has many skills to complete this challenge with normal lifespan and aging."

So this issue may affect opportunities with bands as well. If you sim has too many skills, the opportunities will spread out across all those skills, giving less to the band.
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2011 July 21, 19:39:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's some well thought out game balancing, EA.  "He sets the house on fire every time he microwaves popcorn, but just listen to him play!"

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
Eeyore
Garrulous Gimp

Beware donkey poo.

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2011 July 22, 11:45:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You can force specific music opportunities using debug interactions. Mind you I haven't tried it, I've just seen them available.

"[M]embers of MATY do not realize how badly they are perceived by society, and that people are secretly mocking them in silence." -- cwurtz
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: