More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 07:53:51

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Rule of 6 for Generations?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Rule of 6 for Generations?  (Read 10852 times)
Madame Mim
Retarded Reprobate

Tards, Damned Tards and You Were Adopted.

View Profile
Rule of 6 for Generations?
« on: 2011 June 04, 23:42:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

OK, based on the assumption (yes, ass u me, I know) that Pescado's rule of 6 is, at the very least, invalidated by Generations - How are you all setting up your Sim ages?

Mia kusenveturilo estas angiloplena.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
Re: Rule of 6 for Generations?
« Reply #1 on: 2011 June 05, 00:27:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I still have rule of 6 installed and am hoping it is still running. Haven't checked when my sims are ageing as yet.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2011 June 05, 01:13:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I gave more time for the fun ages, with very little time for babbies and elders.  It's all "Logan's Run" up in my shit.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
Rubyelf
Feckless Fool

Fiddlesticks!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2011 June 05, 01:20:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I gave more time for the fun ages, with very little time for babbies and elders.  It's all "Logan's Run" up in my shit.

Did the same thing, 2 day babies, 4 day toddlers, then it jumps up to 20 day children, 25 day teens, 20 day young adult, 25 day adult and 10 day elders!

High Distinctions for Forensic Analytical Science? CHECK! Honours? CHECK! Scholarship for PHD after completing my Majors? CHECK!
D_Malachi
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2011 June 05, 03:59:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Slightly modified "Rule of 6," only expanded to seven so ages end on the same day they begin (with a 2/5 split for baby/toddler), then doubled so time doesn't seem to fly by so fast.

"You can start by bringing me the head of GOATMOR!"
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2011 June 05, 04:02:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Note that if you don't get the proportions right, the CAS rules will end up different as your rules no longer apply to how normal humans work, as AwesomeMod calculates what is allowed based on what is physically possible within the game.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Madame Mim
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2011 June 05, 06:32:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, the proportions shouldn't be too hard. I go:

• baby 1 - 0-1
  • toddler 5 - 1-6
  • child 6 - 6-12
  • teen 6 - 12-18
  • YA 12 - 18-30
  • adult 24 - 30-54 (I'm in some quandry as to whether that should be 36 - 30-66 {but I'm trying to keep adult close to real breeding years})
  • elder 30 - 54-84

It's the adult / elder bridge I'm worried about.

jonas
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2011 June 05, 22:38:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

@Madame Mim:

Simply in response to your list, that's just too short of a lifespan for my sims and I'm wondering how you manage to rotate the families effectively without stress (or perhaps you dig the stress of it) without losing whatever stories/plans you have for them?  Also; the elder stage for 30 years/days? That's a lot of elder time! Mine reach elder and are mostly forgotten except for the occasional favorite and will be the shortest age length next to babies. 

I also plan to just space my age lengths to the ones I find most enjoyable which will be teen/ya - you know, the only time that truly matters in RL.  Smiley
Madame Mim
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2011 June 05, 22:52:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Those are my ratio's. Although I do tend not to rotate atm.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2011 June 06, 14:53:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

• YA 12 - 18-30
  • adult 24 - 30-54 (I'm in some quandry as to whether that should be 36 - 30-66 {but I'm trying to keep adult close to real breeding years})
  • elder 30 - 54-84
Those are pretty close to the numbers I run, although I use YA as 18-36, and Adult as 36-60, with Elders at 60-72. Be aware that elders do not actually DIE immediately at the end of their age stage, they only become CAPABLE of dying at that point, so the elder age stage should be slightly shorter than normal life expectancy, so that they will actually DIE around normal life expectancy. If you drag it out to 84, they will NEVER die before then, and your average life expectancy will be 90+, which is unrealistic. Also, unpleasant.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2011 June 06, 16:59:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

• YA 12 - 18-30
  • elder 30 - 54-84
Those are pretty close to the numbers I run, although I use YA as 18-36, and Adult as 36-60, with Elders at 60-72. Be aware that elders do not actually DIE immediately at the end of their age stage, they only become CAPABLE of dying at that point, so the elder age stage should be slightly shorter than normal life expectancy, so that they will actually DIE around normal life expectancy. If you drag it out to 84, they will NEVER die before then, and your average life expectancy will be 90+, which is unrealistic. Also, unpleasant.

Unpleasant for the sim or for the player?  Sim elders seem to be able to lead full active lives, including sparring, right up to the point where they drop.  The only difference seems to be that they do it in a slightly stooped over posture, and get somewhat more bony looking.

Tribulatio proxima est
wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2011 June 06, 20:37:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm wondering how you manage to rotate the families effectively without stress (or perhaps you dig the stress of it) without losing whatever stories/plans you have for them?  

Not everyone who plays rotates families.  People will choose the age limits they want based on their own style of play, not the style other people play.
« Last Edit: 2011 June 07, 04:37:09 by wizard_merlin » Logged

I am not a complete idiot, some of the parts are missing.
Jeebus
Nitwitted Nuisance

MATY's Lord and Savior

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2011 June 06, 21:04:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not everyone who plays rotates families.  People will choose the age limits they want based on their own style of play, not the style other peoples play.
What peoples?  The Germans?  The English?  The Choctaw?

"Terminate the erroneous data" is an awesome euphemism for an abortion.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2011 June 06, 21:41:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Unpleasant for the sim or for the player?  Sim elders seem to be able to lead full active lives, including sparring, right up to the point where they drop.  The only difference seems to be that they do it in a slightly stooped over posture, and get somewhat more bony looking.
Both! The sim will have long since exhausted everything there is to do, and thus simply be stuck stumbling around bored and unstylish for ages. Although I hear Generations adds something there: Now you can wander around town menacing people with your cane, which is definitely a plus.

Eeyore
Garrulous Gimp

Beware donkey poo.

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2011 June 07, 00:56:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

unstylish

Unstylish? Did you really just say unstylish? How dare you!

*Eeyore has sent a representative of the elderly community to bludgeon Pescado with a cane.*

"[M]embers of MATY do not realize how badly they are perceived by society, and that people are secretly mocking them in silence." -- cwurtz
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2011 June 07, 02:03:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Although I hear Generations adds something there: Now you can wander around town menacing people with your cane, which is definitely a plus.

My Great Aunt Ada used her cane to great effect on Great Uncle Bob, whether we were in public or not.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Lion
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2011 June 10, 16:28:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Old aging mods should still work in GEN. I just put mine in and it works. Screenshot here: http://lion-twinbrookredux.blogspot.com/2011/06/upgraded-to-generations.html

I play "long" so that a week is a year, and this mod has a life expectancy of 70 years:

baby 1 week (0-1 years)
    toddler 4 weeks (1-5 years)
    child 7 weeks (5-12 years)
    teen 6 weeks (12-18 years)
    YA 17 weeks (18-35 years)
    adult 25 weeks (35-60 years, same concern with breeding years. I wish there's some declining fertility mod, is there?)
    elder 10 weeks (60-70 years, and beyond)

Sims 3 Blog: Twinbrook Redux
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2011 June 10, 18:07:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Although I hear Generations adds something there: Now you can wander around town menacing people with your cane, which is definitely a plus.

My Great Aunt Ada used her cane to great effect on Great Uncle Bob, whether we were in public or not.

Hopefully that will be worth the trouble and time of downloading and updating again.  The cane thing sounds rather fun, actually.  Otherwise the threads I've seen on Generations suggests that it is a bit less than expected for a full EP.

Tribulatio proxima est
soozelwoozel
Senator

Success Weasel, School of notovny '11

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2011 June 10, 19:58:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hopefully that will be worth the trouble and time of downloading and updating again.  The cane thing sounds rather fun, actually.  Otherwise the threads I've seen on Generations suggests that it is a bit less than expected for a full EP.

It depends what you're after, really. True, there's not much in the way of "physical" content, beyond kid's stuff and some whacked out tv sets. But I actually think Generations is a lot better than it appears on first glance. It adds plenty of small details which help fill out sim lives beyond sleeping, peeing and working. Took me ages to find the bloody canes though. I miss Sims 2 style collection catalogues.

KNOCK KNOCK, JUNIOR\'S HERE
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2011 June 10, 21:26:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I like the random teen mood swings, where the teen wakes up in a contrary mood and draws wants to behave like a total prick.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: