More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 18, 13:10:42

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Is it just me or autonomous "Dig through" on junk pile produces nothing?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Is it just me or autonomous "Dig through" on junk pile produces nothing?  (Read 5166 times)
Lion
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
Is it just me or autonomous "Dig through" on junk pile produces nothing?
« on: 2011 June 03, 00:38:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I haven't seen it reported, so it's probably just me, but I have never seen autonomous "dig through" producing scraps in sim's inventory. But if I direct them, scraps get collected into their inventory. Is this a bug or tight pants?

(This is still LN/patch 1.19. No Generations yet.)
« Last Edit: 2011 June 06, 12:59:04 by Lion » Logged

Sims 3 Blog: Twinbrook Redux
Count
PA
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
Re: Is it just me or autonomous "Dig through" on junk pile produces nothing?
« Reply #1 on: 2011 June 03, 00:53:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

On 1.19, when they autonomously dug (I had done nothing but send them to the junkyard), I got a notification they had found X number of scrap.  I didn't think to check if they actually had or not.  I'll keep an eye out next time I send one, though it will be for 1.22.
Lion
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2011 June 03, 11:12:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmmmmm, that's strange. Started a new game folder in my documents, vanilla game, they would autonomously dig, but no scraps get collected, and no notifications. With notifications in your case, I would think they did collect autonomously. Keep an eye out, even if it's 1.22. I'll patch soon.

Count
PA
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2011 June 03, 16:44:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just checked--sent a Sim to the junkyard, sped through the interaction when he started digging autonomously, got a notification he had 15 scrap.  I looked in his inventory and he did have 15 scrap.  I watched his inventory as he did this a second time, and scrap was added until he had 31 and the pop-up declared he had collected an additional 16.  This wasn't a brand new game, but I had pulled my mods out to test some things, so no mods affected it.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2011 June 05, 11:43:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm not sure if this is one of them, but there *ARE* a number of "Dummy" Autonomous actions that intentionally are designed to produce no output, just for show.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Lion
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2011 June 10, 14:12:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's working now at the GEN patch level, including 2.17/3.13/4.10/5.8/6.5/7.3,  Grin

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: