More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 24, 08:00:08

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  AwesomeMod is, well, Awesome - New Version & Install
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: AwesomeMod is, well, Awesome - New Version & Install  (Read 73487 times)
Madame Mim
Retarded Reprobate

Tards, Damned Tards and You Were Adopted.

View Profile
Re: AwesomeMod is, well, Awesome - New Version & Install
« Reply #25 on: 2011 June 09, 10:23:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've never pretended to understand the logic of this board or its denizens, but I do happen to think the software here is the best. So BAH!

You aren't expected to understand local minds - they're obviously so much greater than yours. You were expected to understand rudimentary pathing (ie folder pathing) and how to follow local customs. I, for one, hope that somebody with moderator skills kills your post.

I was going to add that I hoped bad things happened to you - but I find that I don't actually care what happens to you.

Mia kusenveturilo estas angiloplena.
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2011 June 09, 14:13:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Witch doesn't kill posts.  How can we P&L if the post is gone?

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
Sita
Titlights
Retarded Reprobate

I YAM what I YAM

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: 2011 June 09, 16:21:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

* Sita does a happy dance. You can point and laugh all you like - but MY game is working!  Grin

Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2011 June 10, 08:28:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

* Sita does a happy dance. You can point and laugh all you like - but MY game is working!  Grin

Gloat away little tard, enjoy your brief moment.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Jezabel
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2011 June 10, 11:07:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I usually don't answer in this kind of threads but I don't know why today I can't resist...

Strangely enough I had used the search quite a lot. But thanks to a couple of members here, I now know the secret ....and I don't actually see how I was expected to know that.

As already stated by madame Mim you are expected to understand how folder pathing works.
You would then have been able to find the test folder without anyone's help.

I've never pretended to understand the logic of this board or its denizens, but I do happen to think the software here is the best. So BAH!

The logic is very easy to understand :
If you're not able to find the test version of AM by yourself you won't be able to test and report bugs properly.
You'll still ask for help when your game will get borked and instead of beeing helpful in the testing process you'll be a bother thus slowing said process.

That's why Matty denizens don't want the test version to be given to just anyone that want's it.

Eeyore
Garrulous Gimp

Beware donkey poo.

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2011 June 10, 13:23:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I usually don't answer in this kind of threads but I don't know why today I can't resist.

^^these kinds of threads or this kind of thread

Edit: Originally when I went to make the "s" in "kinds" red I instead deleted it; edited to fix.

Strangely enough I had used the search quite a lot. But thanks to a couple of members here, I now know the secret ....and I don't actually see how I was expected to know that.

As already stated by madame Mim you are expected to understand how folder pathing works. You would then have been able to find the test folder without anyone's help.

The logic is very easy to understand:

If you're not able to find the test version of AM by yourself you won't be able to test and report bugs properly. You'll still ask for help when your game will gets borked and instead of beeingbeing helpful in the testing process you'll be a bother thus slowing said process.

That's why MattyATY denizens don't want the test version to be given to just anyone thatwho want'swants it.

« Last Edit: 2011 June 10, 16:16:51 by Eeyore » Logged

"[M]embers of MATY do not realize how badly they are perceived by society, and that people are secretly mocking them in silence." -- cwurtz
Jezabel
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2011 June 10, 13:27:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I usually don't answer in this kind of threads but I don't know why today I can't resist.

^^these kind of threads or this kind of thread

As already stated by madame Mim you are expected to understand how folder pathing works. You would then have been able to find the test folder without anyone's help.

The logic is very easy to understand:

If you're not able to find the test version of AM by yourself you won't be able to test and report bugs properly. You'll still ask for help when your game will gets borked and instead of beeingbeing helpful in the testing process you'll be a bother thus slowing said process.

That's why MattyATY denizens don't want the test version to be given to just anyone thatwho want'swants it.

Oups... seems that I have still a lot of work before I'm good at speaking/writing english.

Thanks for correcting my mistakes !
Batman
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2011 June 11, 05:37:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Likely story. Roll Eyes

Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2011 June 11, 09:00:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Dunno, we have a lot of ESL posters here, many  of whom manage to write English at least as well as, if not better than some, native speakers. The types of errors would seem to support the assertion. The points made are valid.

Eeyore
Garrulous Gimp

Beware donkey poo.

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2011 June 11, 12:15:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ESL is what I thought. Plus the content of Jezabel's post bore repeating. Voila! Two birds with one stone, and all that.
« Last Edit: 2011 June 11, 12:53:00 by Eeyore » Logged

"[M]embers of MATY do not realize how badly they are perceived by society, and that people are secretly mocking them in silence." -- cwurtz
Jezabel
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2011 June 11, 12:40:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

For those wondering I'm french, Doesn't excuse the mistakes though as I could have re-read once more and/or used a tool to check the spelling.
I was at work and didn't have enough time to do so.

My bad! I should have waited to be home as I fully know that proper grammar/spelling is expected when posting here.
Will do so next time.

Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2011 June 11, 12:58:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Jezabel, your writing is great, you are not perfect but you have demonstrated a willingness to listen to corrections and learn - you write better than many for whom English is a first language. I know English has many grammar quirks and I am certainly no expert in that area, I have learnt much from MATY myself. I do know we cut ESL speakers a bit of slack so don't be shy about contributing.

Actually I've been helping a French student in the last few weeks to do an interesting project on phrasal verbs in English. I am his test subject for a survey he is developing. Apparently where English speakers might say things like; stand up, come in, hang out, threw up or got out, French speakers would use only a single word verb. He told me he started the project partly because he was never sure where to put the 'out' or 'up' or whatever, and that his tendency was to separate the two words and put the second one at the end of the sentence. This was new learning for me and very interesting, as I'd never heard of phrasal verbs before.

So yeah, I admire anyone who can speak/learn another language.

soozelwoozel
Senator

Success Weasel, School of notovny '11

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2011 June 11, 22:54:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So yeah, I admire anyone who can speak/learn another language.

I can translate chav to English, does that count?

KNOCK KNOCK, JUNIOR\'S HERE
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2011 June 11, 23:29:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Proper American English, or that weird shit you use in Britland?  Cheesy

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
soozelwoozel
Senator

Success Weasel, School of notovny '11

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2011 June 11, 23:34:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Proper American English, or that weird shit you use in Britland?  Cheesy

Oh no he didn't.

KNOCK KNOCK, JUNIOR\'S HERE
Jezabel
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2011 June 12, 08:44:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

American or Brit, English it's as hard for us poor French.

Not only because some "two words" are "one word" for us and the other way around (cheap doesn't exist in France and it's  not only because of the economical crisis. The word doesn't exist we say "not expensive" or  literally "good market" (bon marché).

But that's not the most confusing.
The worst are "it" we only have feminine and masculine, we don't know what to do or when to use "it". 
And the way we phrase things.
You'll say UFO (unknown flying object) we say OVNI (objet volant non identifié = object flying not identified).

To be able to speak in another language the trick is to be able to think in that language. If you form the sentence in your mother tongue and then try to translate you'll fail.
When speaking it's highly impractical because it's very slow and when you write it's more manageable but you'll never be able to phrase things properly. You'll end up writing as if you used an online translator.

Anyway, thank you Witch, I'm happy to know that I'm not that bad and certainly will continue to post when I have something relevant to share.
I usually don't feel the need to post because what I have to say or ask has already been said or answered. It's just about looking in the right place.
Jeebus
Nitwitted Nuisance

MATY's Lord and Savior

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2011 June 12, 23:11:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

American or Brit, English is as hard for us poor French.

Not only because some "two words" are "one word" for us and the other way around (cheap doesn't exist in France and it's  not only because of the economical crisis. The word doesn't exist we say "not expensive" or  literally "good market" (bon marché).

But that's not the most confusing.
The worst is "it"; we only have feminine and masculine. We don't know what to do or when to use "it".  
And the way we phrase things.
You'll say UFO (unknown flying object), and we'll say OVNI (objet volant non identifié = object flying not identified).

To be able to speak in another language, the trick is to be able to think in that language. If you form the sentence in your mother tongue and then try to translate you'll fail.
When speaking it's highly impractical because it's very slow, and when you write it's more manageable, but you'll never be able to phrase things properly. You'll end up writing as if you used an online translator.

Anyway, thank you Witch, I'm happy to know that I'm not that bad and certainly will continue to post when I have something relevant to share.
I usually don't feel the need to post because what I have to say or ask has already been said or answered. It's just about looking in the right place.
I agree with witch- your grammar is quite good for someone learning it as a second language.  I can imagine it can be especially hard to learn English not only because of its complexity and inconsistencies but also because many people don't even agree on many things!  What you said reminded me of my experience when learning Spanish.  The way things are said is often different from English, and you have to think in Spanish and not just translate from English (a point my teacher stressed quite often).  I often made simple mistakes with gender agreement or verb conjugation, so I can't really be too judgmental when someone who is ESL makes simple mistakes in English.

"Terminate the erroneous data" is an awesome euphemism for an abortion.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2011 June 13, 08:59:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You'll say UFO (unknown unidentified flying object), and we would say OVNI (objet volant non identifié = object flying not identified).

Indeed, even English speakers don't always agree.

Jezabel
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2011 June 13, 09:58:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You'll say UFO (unknown unidentified flying object), and we would say OVNI (objet volant non identifié = object flying not identified).

Yes that's not very helpful but at least things aren't too boring that way !
Madame Mim
Retarded Reprobate

Tards, Damned Tards and You Were Adopted.

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2011 June 13, 12:49:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not that I'm an expert or even close but I'd have gone:

American or British; English it's as is hard for us poor French.

and I agree with Witch on:

Yes that's not very helpful but at least things aren't too boring that way !

Then again I'm an Australian, Witch is a New Zealander and Jeebus is (I believe) an American.

Mia kusenveturilo estas angiloplena.
Count
PA
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 2011 June 13, 16:52:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The tense shift witch presented needs correcting:

You'll would say UFO (unknown unidentified flying object), and we would say OVNI (objet volant non identifié = object flying not identified).

Yes, that's not very helpful but at least things aren't too boring that way!

Most native English writers agree about the exclamation point, regardless of their native land.  The comma, maybe not so much.

ETA: And I would need to correct my code.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2011 June 14, 07:08:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The tense shift witch presented needs correcting:

Yeah, I was tossing up over the first 'would'.

Anghara
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 2011 June 16, 22:33:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think you all speak remarkably good English for a bunch of foreigners.  Tongue

Of course, my English isn't perfect, but then, I've spent too much time in the US, or watching the myriad TV shows they export to over here, so I'm polluted, or corrupted, or possibly both. Either way I remain English. God save the language, because I do think we are on the slippery slope to a global tongue, and it won't be "English English".

Oh, and Jezabel, your English is way better than my French, so I don't think you have anything to worry about. I do try, but as you say, unless you can think in the language, you can't really speak it without messing up the flow of it. I can get by, but every Frenchman knows the minute I open my mouth that I'm English, even if I don't start my sentences with "Um..."
AnimaSeverem
Asinine Airhead

Failing at life since 1988.

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 2011 June 17, 13:19:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My English is generally good except when I deliberately type like a moron, which I only do in jest. The only people who notice anything wrong with anything I write are the HEIL GRAMMAR types.

I unwillingly know some Spanish only because taking a course on it was required for my associate's degree.
sarsbar
Blathering Buffoon

Her friends, the wolves, stripped him naked.

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 2011 June 17, 14:40:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My English is generally good except when I deliberately type like a moron, which I only do in jest. The only people who notice anything wrong with anything I write are the HEIL GRAMMAR types.

I unwillingly know some Spanish only because taking a course on it was required for my associate's degree.

You might want to keep in mind that there are some "HEIL GRAMMAR types" pretty high up in the pecking order around here, so yeah.  And why "unwillingly"?  There's nothing wrong with knowing a second language.

Quote from: J. M. Pescado
The reasonable man adapts himself to fit his environment, therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: