More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 15:44:21

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  Pudding Factory
| | |-+  Missing Skills
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Missing Skills  (Read 5700 times)
TinyBear
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Missing Skills
« on: 2011 June 02, 18:11:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did a google and MATY search and found nothing. I'm sure you'll be quick to tell me if this has been asked already though.

So just installed Generations last night and I've noticed that my sims aren't earning skills. I just realized it because I have a sim that's a writer, is on her third book, and still no writing skill. Also my toddlers never learned to walk, talk, or go potty but that could be unrelated cause I was a pretty shitty parent to them. She also cooks on the regular and hasn't earned any cooking skill. The only skill related mod I have is the one that shows the hidden skills and as far as I can tell those aren't leveling either. So... any help would be much appreciated.
rum nate
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
Re: Missing Skills
« Reply #1 on: 2011 June 02, 18:15:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Have you taken the mod out and checked if sims can gain skills?
TinyBear
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2011 June 02, 18:17:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah and as far as I can tell nothing. I'm in a household of 4 but basically working with only one skill gaining sim so it's taking me a moment.

EDIT: Well now I feel stupid apparently my EADM wasn't up to date. It seems to have fixed now.
« Last Edit: 2011 June 02, 19:03:34 by TinyBear » Logged
kece
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2011 June 06, 18:45:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's an issue going on, I had the same thing, sitll working out the bugs on it though, but what I found was any skill related mod itself has to be romoved.  I had to uninstall and reinstall the sims so it shows the skills now.  Now I am dealing with the issue that content previously played or previously installed is not showing up, lol, but now the skills are there.  So if you have any skill based mod's remove them.  There is a work around when removing it, turn off the aging, then get them to read the skill books at faced paced.  I know it is more difficult with a toddler as you can't make the toddler pee when you want it to, lol, but this is the best work around I have found at the moment.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: