More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 20, 09:26:54

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Various problems with saving new custom world and launcher.
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Various problems with saving new custom world and launcher.  (Read 3166 times)
KawaiiMiyo
Dollaboo
Dimwitted Dunce

INFP! ^_^

View Profile
Various problems with saving new custom world and launcher.
« on: 2011 June 06, 15:58:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hi hi,

Okay, I'm having a few problems with my game, I'm starting to wonder if it's completely broken and I should just reinstall, or if these are just common issues I just need to work around. Right now I'm running a fully patched game up to Generations, my only CC is store content, AwesomeMod test version, and the updated MasterController.

First of all, the launcher. Since I reinstalled my game, and added generations, my launcher seems a bit messed up. Mainly "Installed content" can no longer be viewed. If I install store content, it will install correctly and appear in my game, and while the window is still open it will show under installed content, but will disappear the next time I open the launcher.

This causes problems as for some reason its showing multiple installs of Riverview and Barnacle Bay in game. And I have no way of getting rid of this, or some other unwanted .sims3packs.

I've been dealing with that for awhile now, at least my game could  be played, but now I've got these other problems with saving my custom world that has pretty much screwed up playing the game for me.

I got the new CAW update, finished the world I was working on, went to "edit in game" to place some lots and houses and tried to save. I received several error messages upon doing this, and only a few lots actually "stuck". So I said "Oh well, i'll just place the lots in game" saved the world, exported it and installed.

The world opens just fine, but now every single time I try to save in game, I get those error code 12 messages. I know there has been posts on that a couple of years back, but I have not seen any of these errors until now. It happens with save, or save as.... and going through my save folder, every attempt just creates a ".bad" folder with a few files in there. I cannot for the life of me figure out how to get the game saved, and I haven't seen any 'recent' mentions of error code 12...

And for what its worth I'd get a CTD after every second attempt at saving, with that DasmX86Dll.dll error, until i deleted some cache files... now its strictly error code 12 with no crashing.

Also I will mention I had no problems saving my pre-Generations custom worlds. I had saved the previous version of this world just fine. however trying to install, despite having different names I did get that "already installed message" so I had uninstalled the previous version before reinstalling the new one. Which did work. Don't know if that could have messed anything up.

Perhaps it was just CAW screwing up my world, or with the problems in the launcher maybe its just my game in general, though i was able to save the game just fine until I installed this new world, which I'd hate to lose... Anyways any thoughts on this? has anyone else had problems with custom worlds since Generations? Or is it time to reinstall everything again?
« Last Edit: 2011 June 06, 16:05:36 by KawaiiMiyo » Logged

The hardest thing to explain is the glaringly evident which everybody had decided not to see. ~Ayn Rand
Clifford
Asinine Airhead

Ye olde Clifforde

View Profile
Re: Various problems with saving new custom world and launcher.
« Reply #1 on: 2011 June 06, 16:18:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had the same problem regarding CAW. When you are in EIG, close CAW.exe (not TS3W.exe) via the tast manager. The world will save just fine.
KawaiiMiyo
Dollaboo
Dimwitted Dunce

INFP! ^_^

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2011 June 06, 17:08:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had the same problem regarding CAW. When you are in EIG, close CAW.exe (not TS3W.exe) via the tast manager. The world will save just fine.

Just tried that and it crashed... Also that doesn't help when working with the actual installed version in game either.

The hardest thing to explain is the glaringly evident which everybody had decided not to see. ~Ayn Rand
rosess
Dimwitted Dunce

I caught you a deelishus bass

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2011 June 06, 17:28:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I get EIG save errors if I minimize the window for even a moment during a save; redoing it with the window in focus generally works.  I've also noticed that wiping out the saves folder and making a fresh one often does the trick when "save as" doesn't.  I'm not going to claim these aren't mere superstitions, but they're simple enough to try and have coincided with successful saves most of the time.
KawaiiMiyo
Dollaboo
Dimwitted Dunce

INFP! ^_^

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2011 June 06, 18:12:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, didn't have any luck deleting the save folder...  I finally got fed up with the whole thing, I found a backup file of that world, before I added the lots and installed that instead. That one works just fine, so apparently it was just doing the edit in game thing and adding lots that screwed everything up.

My launcher is still crap, I now have multiple buggy custom worlds that can't be saved  showing up in the main menu, with no way to uninstall them except deleting all the dbc files and reinstalling everything. So that sucks a bit, but at least I have my custom world... empty, but still playable.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2011 June 06, 21:46:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The problem with Create-A-Crap saving appears to be the way it locks your files, preventing TS3 from saving over them. You can kill Create-A-Crap to release those locks, or you can use Unlocker to force Create-A-Crap to unlock the files, which in turn breaks Create-A-Crap on return anyway. You can't win.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: