More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 20, 12:05:29

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Generations: What Sucks, What's Fucked, and What Did EA Get Right by Utter Luck
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Generations: What Sucks, What's Fucked, and What Did EA Get Right by Utter Luck  (Read 208284 times)
Skadi
Mushroom Girl
Senator

Spiderkiller

View Profile WWW
Re: Generations: What Sucks, What's Fucked, and What Did EA Get Right by Utter Luck
« Reply #300 on: 2011 June 12, 04:44:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think I've found another bug: It's raining meteorites.
I'm getting git with one or more a day, and the graveyard is overflowing with bodies.
I bet this is EA's idea of seasons...
Tight Pants.

jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
Re: Generations: What Sucks, What's Fucked, and What Did EA Get Right by Utter Luck
« Reply #301 on: 2011 June 12, 07:02:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Someone else mentioned they were getting ridiculously high levels of meteor strikes with Generations.  Myself, I hadn't seen a meteor at all until after I installed Generations.  Then the first family I created got the parents wiped out by a meteor strike within two game hours from the beginning of the game.  I had a second meteor strike on the second family during a trip to China.  Those are the only meteors I've had since installing.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #302 on: 2011 June 12, 08:08:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've had one strike and it was a ripper. Got about 6 people at the school. The grim reaper worked his arse off that afternoon. Would have lost the daughter of the house except she died IN the school - where the biggest meteor landed - and her queue froze on 'Expire'. Had to reset her.

Evidence

The main meteor was huge and I had to use moveobjects
to get it out of the school.

Then I discovered where all the kids were. Little aliens.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #303 on: 2011 June 12, 11:26:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Someone else mentioned they were getting ridiculously high levels of meteor strikes with Generations.  Myself, I hadn't seen a meteor at all until after I installed Generations.  Then the first family I created got the parents wiped out by a meteor strike within two game hours from the beginning of the game.  I had a second meteor strike on the second family during a trip to China.  Those are the only meteors I've had since installing.

I had a lot of meteor strikes, but since then I've reinstalled my game and the problem has gone away.  I think it must have been a stray mod somewhere that I couldn't find.
Painkiller
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #304 on: 2011 June 12, 12:07:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The meteor shower is tight pants. The culprit must be this mod: http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=407315.
Reading time with the skill books: yes the parent gets the skill boost too. With AM's Books Not Magic Scrolls option that could become something really useful.
The IF is randomly useful: in my testing yesterday for the first kid her IF was an awesome buddy and quickly became BFF, removing the need for any real friend; for the second kid the IF was a nightmare as it kept insulting the kid. Duh?
jezzer
Grammar Police

View Profile
« Reply #305 on: 2011 June 12, 16:59:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I didn't have the meteor mod in my game.  I saw it when it first came out, read the description, and said "No thanks," while shaking my head in a sassy manner.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #306 on: 2011 June 12, 19:04:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I didn't have that either.
HolyMolyACow
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #307 on: 2011 June 12, 20:51:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Tried it with and without that mod. The weather is always "Cloudy with a a guaranteed chance of meteor shower". (In other words, the mod has no effect).
My pants seem loose to me.
Also, did anyone notice the rotation keys on the keyboard's sensitivity have been greatly reduced, and the camera pan movement greatly increased?
« Last Edit: 2011 June 12, 21:28:19 by HolyMolyACow » Logged

Just a cow. Looking to enlist for the Municipality Army.
PlumbJohn
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #308 on: 2011 June 12, 21:34:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My Harold Camping sim moved out of town just before the meteor strikes hit.
HolyMolyACow
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #309 on: 2011 June 12, 21:36:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It turns out if you have any of Buzzler's mods (http://www.modthesims.info/browse.php?u=432522&showType=1&gs=0), remove em. I've removed his "Moar Interactions" and haven't seen a meteor since.

Count
PA
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #310 on: 2011 June 12, 22:36:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

"Any" is a pretty big word to refer to "one" mod.
Shiggy
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #311 on: 2011 June 12, 23:22:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It turns out if you have any of Buzzler's mods (http://www.modthesims.info/browse.php?u=432522&showType=1&gs=0), remove em. I've removed his "Moar Interactions" and haven't seen a meteor since.
Lies and slander.

Make sure you keep Buzzler's mods updated and you'll rarely get a meteor shower, if ever. Certainly not at an hourly rate. CarpoolDisabler, DigSiteFixer, MoarInteractions and MoodFix are safe, at the very least.
Dakota
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #312 on: 2011 June 13, 01:11:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So, I'm using Twallan's SP at the moment and I don't know if this issue comes with the mod or with the game itself. Some of my sims seem to be aging up completely random. There was this boy being a toddler (selfmade in CAS) and after some time he turned into a child, same thing happened to his twin sister. It had - indeed - taken some time so I thought of this as being probably normal (as I did not really count the days after I moved those kids and their mother into the neighborhood). So one day after they had turned into children, I suddenly get the notification that both kids have turned into teens. And it didn't only happen to those kids. BTW, it's not happening to my active sims, only to others in the neighborhood I get the notifications of because of SP...

Anybody else experience this?
kissing_toast
Retarded Reprobate

AIDE to Jezzers

View Profile
« Reply #313 on: 2011 June 13, 01:16:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Shouldn't you be asking this over at Twallan's site? Just saying.

Cupcakes Taste Like Violence,KT_StoreFix

It's like a bowl of oranges, only one orange, is an orange of DOOM!
Dakota
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #314 on: 2011 June 13, 01:18:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I was wondering if it was caused by the game itself or by Twallan. It's not like people over there can tell me any better than on here. Just wanted to know if somebody else has encountered that problem.

Could be a bug, you know.
Mooingloudly
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #315 on: 2011 June 13, 04:14:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have Buzzler's Moar Interactions and the test awesome mod. I have never had a meteor shower since I began playing The Sims 3. So I don't think it's that mod.
kissing_toast
Retarded Reprobate

AIDE to Jezzers

View Profile
« Reply #316 on: 2011 June 13, 04:44:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's not like people over there can tell me any better than on here.

No, actually Twallan's pretty involved over there, he made it, he might know a thing or two.

Cupcakes Taste Like Violence,KT_StoreFix

It's like a bowl of oranges, only one orange, is an orange of DOOM!
Pelasope
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #317 on: 2011 June 13, 10:03:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Some of my sims seem to be aging up completely random.

This is happening to me too, but I hadn't yet narrowed it down to Twallan SP (which I am also using).  I noticed this happening very occasionally before generations, but now it is rampant.  Hopefully mentioning it on the nraas board will be helpful - I'll do the same. 
Madame Mim
Retarded Reprobate

Tards, Damned Tards and You Were Adopted.

View Profile
« Reply #318 on: 2011 June 13, 12:37:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's not Twallanian, It's EAxian. I don't use his SP and my inactives/townies/etc are experiencing some very strange age-spans.

Mia kusenveturilo estas angiloplena.
Dakota
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #319 on: 2011 June 13, 15:18:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's not Twallanian, It's EAxian. I don't use his SP and my inactives/townies/etc are experiencing some very strange age-spans.

Oh my god, someone or something needs to fix this. It's so annoying.
jezzer
Grammar Police

View Profile
« Reply #320 on: 2011 June 13, 15:54:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm not getting an aging bug.  My sims are aging up at the rates I specified in game options.  Could it be tight pants?

Jezabel
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #321 on: 2011 June 13, 16:10:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have one of the teens maxing his sculpting skill.
After breakfast I make him sculpt and when the school bus arrives he finishes the sculpture instantly even if he just began  30 in-game min before.

Did someone else notice this ?
freckles
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #322 on: 2011 June 13, 18:59:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My sim has a set of twin boys.  One of the boys went to school as normal, the other is going to school the next day as his first day at school.
HolyMolyACow
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #323 on: 2011 June 13, 20:45:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Lies and slander.

Make sure you keep Buzzler's mods updated and you'll rarely get a meteor shower, if ever. Certainly not at an hourly rate. CarpoolDisabler, DigSiteFixer, MoarInteractions and MoodFix are safe, at the very least.
[/quote]

Call it what you will, but removing his Moar Interactions has fixed it for me, and I had tried updating before removing. It must've been my tight pants...

Pelasope
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #324 on: 2011 June 13, 20:58:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm not getting an aging bug.  My sims are aging up at the rates I specified in game options.  Could it be tight pants?

My only mods are AM, assorted Twallan (SP, overwatch, register, careers, master controller) and Buzzler birth control mirror.  The statement by Pescado here : http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,18136.msg574415.html#msg574415 seems to suggest it might be Twallan SP (unless I'm really misunderstanding it) but others in this thread say they aren't using Twallan SP.  Curious. 
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: