More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 10:12:22

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Generations: What Sucks, What's Fucked, and What Did EA Get Right by Utter Luck
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Generations: What Sucks, What's Fucked, and What Did EA Get Right by Utter Luck  (Read 207214 times)
Tangie
Exasperating Eyesore

INFJ

View Profile
Re: Generations: What Sucks, What's Fucked, and What Did EA Get Right by Utter Luck
« Reply #275 on: 2011 June 08, 21:47:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I played the daycare profession for a short while with no hacks installed. There is not supposed to be a way to control the kids or show the kids' stats other than the info that will pop up when you point the cursor at them or their thought bubbles. The child care worker is supposed to watch them carefully enough so they notice the info and do something about it if need be. Also, at 7pm one mother came to pick up one kid but the other was left for several hours. She finally arrived, paid childcare worker an extra 120 simoleans for 'watching kid while she ran some errands'.

So it may not work like you wanted it to, but it sounds like it's working the way EA intended!  Wink
Pelasope
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: Generations: What Sucks, What's Fucked, and What Did EA Get Right by Utter Luck
« Reply #276 on: 2011 June 09, 03:37:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

By "status" I meant the info that says "so and so is a little hungry", not actual motive bars. I get the way EA intended it to be played and I'd be happy to play it that way, but right now it seems to be pretty broken. I started a new sim in a new clean neighborhood, and on their first day of being a daycare worker, no kids were delivered but a random toddler was sitting by the side of the road nearby. Again my Sim couldn't interact with this kid at all, not even the "NRAAS" button showed up when clicking on the toddler; shift-click also brought up nothing, and certainly there was no option to feed or play with this vagrant.

The good news about having the error happen so early is that hopefully I can narrow down whether it's an AM or Twallan or EA caused-problem.
PlumbJohn
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #277 on: 2011 June 09, 22:47:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did anyone notice that with the new "Read Bedtime Story" feature between adults and "tired" children, you can read skill books. Wonder if you can give them skill boosts fro teen years. Probably not.
floopyboo
The Biter
Pinheaded Pissant

Back by popular demand!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #278 on: 2011 June 09, 23:37:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, yes it does. Not a lot, because you don't get much reading in before the kid falls asleep, but the kid does learn from it.

I didn't see a skillbar above the parent's head, so maybe not for them. But for the kid, yes, certainly.

http://bigbrotherlawndale.deviantart.com/

The awesomest thing on the internet.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Generations: What Sucks, What's Fucked, and What Did EA Get Right by Utter L
« Reply #279 on: 2011 June 10, 00:48:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am pretty sure the cost you pay for doing all this in docking fees pretty much turns this into a net negative.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
mystikmoon
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #280 on: 2011 June 10, 02:23:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think there's an issue with married sims when one of them dies too.  I don't know if this is an old error or not, because I've never seen it before, but one of my sims died from hunger and his relationship with his wife was then listed as engaged instead of married.  I just had her break up with him, so it's fixed now...  but I thought when a spouse dies, the game is supposed to sever their relationship status back to friends, or exes?
floopyboo
The Biter
Pinheaded Pissant

Back by popular demand!

View Profile WWW
Re: Generations: What Sucks, What's Fucked, and What Did EA Get Right by Utter L
« Reply #281 on: 2011 June 10, 04:13:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am pretty sure the cost you pay for doing all this in docking fees pretty much turns this into a net negative.

There's a bonus in social and a bonus in relationship, and if they're going to bug me with wants & autonomous asks anyway they can get some damned learnin' in at the same time as far as I'm concerned.

Rubyelf
Feckless Fool

Fiddlesticks!

View Profile
« Reply #282 on: 2011 June 10, 05:08:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Don't know if this is an Awesome problem, or a change in Generations. I am someone who hates leveling those last 3 skill levels, and considering my fast skill level mods are no longer working, I try the old "Add/Remove skill levels" option when you shift click on a sim, but at the moment, no matter how many times you try to click it, it doesn't work! I want it back:(

High Distinctions for Forensic Analytical Science? CHECK! Honours? CHECK! Scholarship for PHD after completing my Majors? CHECK!
Para
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #283 on: 2011 June 10, 05:53:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It doesn't work for me, too.
Daimon
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #284 on: 2011 June 10, 08:03:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think there's an issue with married sims when one of them dies too.  I don't know if this is an old error or not, because I've never seen it before, but one of my sims died from hunger and his relationship with his wife was then listed as engaged instead of married.  I just had her break up with him, so it's fixed now...  but I thought when a spouse dies, the game is supposed to sever their relationship status back to friends, or exes?

It's a very old bug because it's been happening to me since the base game came out. It got 'upgraded' with Generations' reputation thingy, though: My vampire sim cheated on his first wife before I even installed Generations, and though that wife and the mistress both were long dead, his second wife celebrated the new EP by accusing him of cheating on wife no 1 and then broke up with him.

(I decided to let the hysterical bitch crash and burn).
SendMeLies
Blathering Buffoon

See if I care.

View Profile
« Reply #285 on: 2011 June 10, 08:53:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

HA!!!!!  Body hair doesn't work.

You create the sim hairy as an ape on CAS and the hair is there as designed. Nice.

Then, if for any reason at all you change the hairdo on said sim, you're out of luck: all the body hair is gone. But wait! There's more!

If you change the clothing of your hairy sim the body hair is gone as well! And don't even bother trying to apply it again using a mirror - or the stylist station or even editsim: if you apply the body hair it will not stick once you leave the screen! It's magical!

Now, if you are quick enough to click the "save" button on CAS/mirror/makeover twice before the hair is off, then the body hair sticks, but with a catch: the sim now wears the black underwear as everyday clothing! And don't try to change clothes again, the hair will vanish again. Awesome!

Actually the body hair as accessory on MTS is much more reliable.
Claeric
Shouty Vole
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #286 on: 2011 June 10, 14:59:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

blah blah body hair blah blah

I have had none of these issues, personally.

Has anyone's kid aged up without making their imaginary friend real? What does the Imaginary Friend look like when teen/YA? Does it change appearance at all? Can it do teen/YA things? I saw some pictures of a Sim imaginary friend with wacky clothes, but I am pretty sure that was after it was made real, and not how they appear naturally after aging.
mystikmoon
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #287 on: 2011 June 10, 15:48:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've had the body hair bug too!  There was a workaround posted on the sims 3 forums, but your sim has to either quit their job, or get demoted then promoted again using NRaas master controller.  I did manage to apply some hair to a sim last night using the edit in CAS cheat though, and it stuck.  So I have no idea!
floopyboo
The Biter
Pinheaded Pissant

Back by popular demand!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #288 on: 2011 June 11, 00:27:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The imaginary friend ages up if the sim kid ages up on the home lot.

Claeric
Shouty Vole
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #289 on: 2011 June 11, 01:44:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That answered exactly zero of my questions.
BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #290 on: 2011 June 11, 02:46:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Has anyone's kid aged up without making their imaginary friend real?

Yes

What does the Imaginary Friend look like when teen/YA?

It looked like the imaginary doll, only bigger. If you make them into a real Sim or however they term it, then it looks like a normal Sim.

Does it change appearance at all? Can it do teen/YA things? I saw some pictures of a Sim imaginary friend with wacky clothes, but I am pretty sure that was after it was made real, and not how they appear naturally after aging.

Mine turned into a real sim with weird clothes and green hair, so maybe that's how it is. But I fixed her up with change appearance and she was just fine.  She also had the option to always go back to toy form.
floopyboo
The Biter
Pinheaded Pissant

Back by popular demand!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #291 on: 2011 June 11, 06:38:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That answered exactly zero of my questions.

Go suck a bowl of dicks cocknobbler. I was telling you how you could find out for yourself.

Claeric
Shouty Vole
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #292 on: 2011 June 11, 15:37:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Another way to find out is to ask, which I did.

It looked like the imaginary doll, only bigger. If you make them into a real Sim or however they term it, then it looks like a normal Sim.

Mine turned into a real sim with weird clothes and green hair, so maybe that's how it is. But I fixed her up with change appearance and she was just fine.  She also had the option to always go back to toy form.

It just gets bigger? That's...awkward. I was kind of hoping it'd have a more mature form. Like maybe a teen one could look like a low-detail action figure or doll or  something. It's interesting that their appearance when made human is only half-randomized...were her clothes a special outfit, or a random outfit? The male teen IF I saw had a special suit with patches and such, I wonder if there's a specific humanized-friend clothing for each age/gender?
Zed Pee Em
Asinine Airhead

Zed Pee Em..What? He's Canadian. I'm sorry.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #293 on: 2011 June 11, 17:22:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: Claeric
I wonder if there's a specific humanized-friend clothing for each age/gender?
The female adult I had that turned into a human had weird clothing that was IF only, but it ended up unlocked when my sim went to the dresser and it seemed the funky outfits for every age group that were female were unlocked as well. She also had blue hair with pigtails.

Oh Canada, the pipes, the pipes are calling...
soozelwoozel
Senator

Success Weasel, School of notovny '11

View Profile
« Reply #294 on: 2011 June 11, 17:42:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It just gets bigger? That's...awkward. I was kind of hoping it'd have a more mature form. Like maybe a teen one could look like a low-detail action figure or doll or  something.

Seriously? You really thought that EA would create a completely different figure for every life stage? What planet are you on?

KNOCK KNOCK, JUNIOR\'S HERE
Claeric
Shouty Vole
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #295 on: 2011 June 11, 17:55:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sorry, I forgot that all sims just get taller as they age, puppies scale 3x rather than growing into dogs, and the various mysterious mr gnomes are all just larger/smaller versions of the same model. EA totally NEVER makes different age states have different appearances, for anything.

Is it really an incredible thing to you that someone would think "Hey, maybe they'll make 3 whole meshes instead of just one that gets altered proportions"? 3 isn't that many. Just in case you're having trouble with the whole "not that many" thing, 3 is 2 more than 1. 2 is 1 more than 1.
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #296 on: 2011 June 11, 20:59:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, you could check out the Imaginary Friend in your own game, instead of coming in here and being an unbearable twat about it.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
soozelwoozel
Senator

Success Weasel, School of notovny '11

View Profile
« Reply #297 on: 2011 June 11, 22:40:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sorry, I forgot that all sims just get taller as they age, puppies scale 3x rather than growing into dogs, and the various mysterious mr gnomes are all just larger/smaller versions of the same model. EA totally NEVER makes different age states have different appearances, for anything.

Is it really an incredible thing to you that someone would think "Hey, maybe they'll make 3 whole meshes instead of just one that gets altered proportions"? 3 isn't that many. Just in case you're having trouble with the whole "not that many" thing, 3 is 2 more than 1. 2 is 1 more than 1.

It is one thing for a sim to grow up, it is an entirely different flight of fancy for a rag doll to change into an action figure, aka something which completely different asthetics. Also it makes nada sense, a teen is no more likely to play with action man than an old patchwork doll. Plus, this is EA we're talking about. When have they ever put that much effort into something? Besides, what would be the adult and elder stage of your hoped for doll? A blow up sex doll for adults I guess, that's your sort of thing after all.

You just barged into the thread demanding people do in-game research for you to see if your bizarro "theories" might, just might be true. "hey hey, I was just wondering, will my fish turn into gyrados if I keep them for long enough? Hey, someone see if I'm right, I'm pretty sure I am, huh, huh?"

KNOCK KNOCK, JUNIOR\'S HERE
Jeebus
Nitwitted Nuisance

MATY's Lord and Savior

View Profile
« Reply #298 on: 2011 June 12, 01:45:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can't wait until June 13th.

"Terminate the erroneous data" is an awesome euphemism for an abortion.
HolyMolyACow
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #299 on: 2011 June 12, 03:20:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think I've found another bug: It's raining meteorites.
I'm getting git with one or more a day, and the graveyard is overflowing with bodies.
I bet this is EA's idea of seasons...

Just a cow. Looking to enlist for the Municipality Army.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: