More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 08:46:24

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Generations: What Sucks, What's Fucked, and What Did EA Get Right by Utter Luck
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 15 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Generations: What Sucks, What's Fucked, and What Did EA Get Right by Utter Luck  (Read 207212 times)
Trubble
Ferret Impersonator
Terrible Twerp

:P

View Profile
Re: Generations: What Sucks, What's Fucked, and What Did EA Get Right by Utter Luck
« Reply #250 on: 2011 June 06, 06:36:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is anyone else getting some random Paranormal Activity style moments? Usually when the sim needs to change clothes, every now and then they'll just stand there for a sim hour until they're late for work or whatever and then they'll change clothes and go on their way.

It's also frustrating that all the new bunkbeds are Kewian based.

A proud thread pirate.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Generations: What Sucks, What's Fucked, and What Did EA Get Right by Utter L
« Reply #251 on: 2011 June 06, 07:21:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is anyone else getting some random Paranormal Activity style moments? Usually when the sim needs to change clothes, every now and then they'll just stand there for a sim hour until they're late for work or whatever and then they'll change clothes and go on their way.
That's caching lag. To prevent it, pause your game and let it load, otherwise it will try to load while the game clock is running, wasting game-time.

It's also frustrating that all the new bunkbeds are Kewian based.
Yup. Totally worthless garbage there. Accept no Kewian-based substitutes! Aren't you happy that AwesomeMod tells you the REAL ratings?

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
jefrir
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
Re: Generations: What Sucks, What's Fucked, and What Did EA Get Right by Utter Luck
« Reply #252 on: 2011 June 06, 08:47:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The free holiday thing for the adults seems pretty buggy. My sims lost their wants, and the opportunities they had no longer worked. One said "return to the base hood", and the other had the title go blank. In both, the longer text looked like it was the message you get on completion.
chazzhay
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: Generations: What Sucks, What's Fucked, and What Did EA Get Right by Utter L
« Reply #253 on: 2011 June 06, 11:23:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Accept no Kewian-based substitutes! Aren't you happy that AwesomeMod tells you the REAL ratings?

In terms of the ratings that AwesomeMod tells you what does Kewian-based mean? I'm not sure how it relates to the whale.

"It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live."
Zed Pee Em
Asinine Airhead

Zed Pee Em..What? He's Canadian. I'm sorry.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #254 on: 2011 June 06, 11:43:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Eh, I don't know. Couldn't my version just be different because I don't have Generations or any of the stuff packs? I noticed it did a tiny patch update again right after I installed Late Nite today.

There's a thread on the main Sims 3 forums that has a bunch of patches for each EP/SP that's supposedly updated, and 6.5.1.011031 is one of them. So now my game says this as well. :\ And I have Generations and all the other stuff packs/EPs.

Oh so I see there's a new post about it. So you're not alone.
« Last Edit: 2011 June 06, 12:28:37 by Zed Pee Em » Logged

Oh Canada, the pipes, the pipes are calling...
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #255 on: 2011 June 06, 14:46:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In terms of the ratings that AwesomeMod tells you what does Kewian-based mean? I'm not sure how it relates to the whale.
A Kewian-based item is basically an item that is so utterly trash that you should never use it, either because it is actually harmful, or because it is simply so bad when better options exist that you should never waste your money on it, as it will actually delay progress.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Claeric
Shouty Vole
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #256 on: 2011 June 06, 19:10:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just realized that the game highers an entertainer matching the gender of the bachelor or bachelorette's fiance/fiancee, meaning a gay sim will get a male entertaining, lesbians get females, etc. Glad they got that right.
jefrir
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #257 on: 2011 June 06, 19:50:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

One nice thing - the motive drain from shitty beds seems to be gone.
wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #258 on: 2011 June 06, 20:08:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just realized that the game highers hires an entertainer matching the gender of the bachelor or bachelorette's fiance/fiancee, meaning a gay sim will get a male entertaining, lesbians get females, etc. Glad they got that right.

Fixed it for you.

I am not a complete idiot, some of the parts are missing.
Claeric
Shouty Vole
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #259 on: 2011 June 06, 20:17:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Slip of the mind, my bad.

Also noticing some clever use of existing moodlets. This one was on a field trip to the police station.

http://i.imgur.com/hrvN5.jpg
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #260 on: 2011 June 06, 21:44:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is your sim also incontinent?

jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #261 on: 2011 June 06, 21:52:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Probably.  If you'll recall, the Vole wanted you to enable father-son incest for his sims, so a little bladder control problem is probably the least of that kid's psychological problems.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
GloamingMerle
Corpulent Cretin

Just say "NO" to Womrats!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #262 on: 2011 June 07, 00:42:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Probably.  If you'll recall, the Vole wanted you to enable father-son incest for his sims, so a little bladder control problem is probably the least of that kid's psychological problems.

He could avoided all the grief he gets for this if he had just downloaded Twallan's mod. Though, maybe it didn't have the incest option yet.

jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #263 on: 2011 June 07, 00:53:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's just one small fraction of the grief he brings upon himself, albeit an extremely icky, disturbing fraction.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
floopyboo
The Biter
Pinheaded Pissant

Back by popular demand!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #264 on: 2011 June 07, 03:26:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does anyone know where the dispel rumours interaction has disappeared to?

http://bigbrotherlawndale.deviantart.com/

The awesomest thing on the internet.
Knukleur
Blathering Buffoon

See Rock City

View Profile
« Reply #265 on: 2011 June 07, 14:02:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

jail food < hot breakfast?

"I'm not animated to do that." - Brak
mystikmoon
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #266 on: 2011 June 07, 21:29:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have this glitch where my teen sims parents will get stuck in an endless scolding loop, usually when the teen hasn't even done anything wrong in the first place.  It happens every day when the teen comes home from school, and the only way I've found to fix it so far is by using resetsim on one of them.

Also, I had two of my sims inventories explode.  They lost everything they were carrying, including their fancy new high school diplomas.  I THINK this may have happened right after the husband accepted one of the new "vacation" opportunities, because the teen's inventory was fine.  They also never WENT on their 'vacation', despite me accepting the opportunity.  Just curious if anyone else has had these bugs, and if anyone knows a workaround for the scolding loop.
PlumbJohn
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #267 on: 2011 June 07, 22:59:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have this glitch where my teen sims parents will get stuck in an endless scolding loop, usually when the teen hasn't even done anything wrong in the first place.  It happens every day when the teen comes home from school, and the only way I've found to fix it so far is by using resetsim on one of them.

And the sims weren't Chinese, Indian, or Nigerian? Because that'd be a win for Maxis.
Jeebus
Nitwitted Nuisance

MATY's Lord and Savior

View Profile
« Reply #268 on: 2011 June 07, 23:27:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And the sims weren't Chinese, Indian, or Nigerian? Because that'd be a win for Maxis.
Newsflash: Maxis is dead, and has been for years.

"Terminate the erroneous data" is an awesome euphemism for an abortion.
Sigmund
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #269 on: 2011 June 08, 00:39:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm pretty sure Maxis was just eaten by EA. The name still exists, but it's not the same Maxis from TS1 days.

I sing along with elevator music.
wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #270 on: 2011 June 08, 03:54:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I believe Maxis became a subsidiary of EA and as such EA will still release games under the Maxis banner.  Probably games they do not think will do well bear the Maxis logo so people think they are a different company.

Maxis still exists. The company no longer works on The Sims franchise, but their latest game, Darkspore, has their logo right on the front.

If you check the Electronic Arts website, you will see the links to Darkspore, which is released under the Maxis banner by EA.  Maxis these days is just a branch of EA.

I am not a complete idiot, some of the parts are missing.
Magwitch
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #271 on: 2011 June 08, 11:21:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've just come across the old age-resetting bug after one of my sims got a tattoo. Was this actually fixed by EA and is now back, or is it one of the many glitches that they never bothered with but which was fixed by AM (I've not tried out the test version yet, so am playing a vanilla game)?
Inge
Round Mound of Gray Fatness
Senator

Senator Emeritus. Oh hold on, I am still a senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #272 on: 2011 June 08, 11:55:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maxis these days is just a branch of EA.

Actually it's merely a brand.

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
Pelasope
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #273 on: 2011 June 08, 15:19:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can confirm that the daycare profession is borked. My daycare provider had her grandson as one of her charges and as soon as he arrived, things started getting strange (maybe a coincidence) - sometimes he wouldn't show the status window, sometimes he couldn't be interacted with, and at the end of the day, nobody came to pick him up, so I resetsim him home. He came back the next day but still had no status, although the icons showing hunger, etc. would flash over his head. At the end of that day, no parents came to pick up their kids. I sent them all home with resetworld, which worked, but the next day, no kids arrived at daycare.  The kids in that daycare seem to age at 2-3 times the normal rate, as well.

I've also had problems with the Grim Reaper - twice he showed up to take someone away, but the victim just stayed curled up as a ghost in the fetal position while multiple urns appeared and the message of death appeared over and over again. 

Both of these situations have occurred with the June 7 build of AM, but I'm not sure where the bug originates.
PlumbJohn
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #274 on: 2011 June 08, 20:43:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Get your panties out of a bunch, you know what I meant. We all know EA is "The Man".
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 15 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: