More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 08:43:21

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Generations: What Sucks, What's Fucked, and What Did EA Get Right by Utter Luck
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 15 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Generations: What Sucks, What's Fucked, and What Did EA Get Right by Utter Luck  (Read 207211 times)
Inge
Round Mound of Gray Fatness
Senator

Senator Emeritus. Oh hold on, I am still a senator

View Profile WWW
Re: Generations: What Sucks, What's Fucked, and What Did EA Get Right by Utter Luck
« Reply #225 on: 2011 June 05, 11:49:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In TS1, if a parent and child had a negative relationship, or the parent had a low Nice personality, pretty much every interaction with the child was negative, and reduced the social motive bar.  This had the secondary but realistic effect of making them both look for other companionship to bring their social bar up again.

The thing it, TS1 was born from the idea of having little people to model human behaviour in houses.  At that time, I believe Will Wright *was* looking for a human behavioural simulation, with a minor gameplay aspect.

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Generations: What Sucks, What's Fucked, and What Did EA Get Right by Utter L
« Reply #226 on: 2011 June 05, 12:36:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't remember there being negative anti-child interactions in TS1, either. I think what you mean is that in TS1 and 2, Sims did not choose appropriate behaviors, and thus got negative responses because of the gap between "selectable" and "acceptable. TS3 sims have the interaction intents specified on the labels, so sims more frequently choose appropriate, non-destructive actions, and as a result, the lack of negative interactions towards children means it is very difficult to get a sim to really hate the little buggers.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Madame Mim
Retarded Reprobate

Tards, Damned Tards and You Were Adopted.

View Profile
Re: Generations: What Sucks, What's Fucked, and What Did EA Get Right by Utter Luck
« Reply #227 on: 2011 June 05, 12:48:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There was 'tease' between 2 kids and 'scare' (although that might just have been 2). And, once you got two to a particular level in two there was fight - you must remember fight.
« Last Edit: 2011 June 05, 22:47:03 by Madame Mim » Logged

Mia kusenveturilo estas angiloplena.
Painkiller
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #228 on: 2011 June 05, 14:44:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think you're seeing it from a wrong perspective. Sims 1 didn't have a better social reenactment, it was in fact badly coded: most - if not ALL - of the social interactions failed if you didn't have a relationship of 90. Grab a premade family, father have a relationship of approximately 50-60 with his kid, zam his nice social interactions will be rejected 9 times out of 10. Teleport in an unknown neighbour and spend the night spamming social interactions, again they will be rejected most of the time and you will need to grind for a minimum  of 6 hours to gain 20 to 40 points in the relationship depending on the interests the sims have in common. Your bad relationships went more bad simply because the sims tended to always reject each others.
Carioca Girl
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #229 on: 2011 June 05, 16:30:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The Generations messed up with my game.  I lost the interaction with any of my celebrities sims. I have one big family of celebrities but nothing happens when I click in one of them. Someone said that's a mod core problem but I delete all the Mods and even reinstall the game.Now, i'm using the awesomemod test version.  Is someone here have the same problem? Is very very frustrating.

Nobody else report that kind of bug but I get the "solution".  The only thing that works for me is to evict the family. Undecided The simple task of pick the phone and move out didn't work. So, I have to "edit the city" and evict the family. Is stupid because I move them back to the house...but it works for the interaction problem...

Something happens: I did the kick out thing with one family with a toddler and out of nowhere the toddler back with a..imaginary friend! But is really out of nowhere, when they back to the house the toddler already hold the imaginary doll.  Huh No box in the mail...

bloodredtoe
Corpulent Cretin

Less awesome than some of you

View Profile
« Reply #230 on: 2011 June 05, 17:26:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Body hair is not passed on to children:( I gotta look for a mod enabling hairy legs for women, too.
BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #231 on: 2011 June 05, 17:34:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I gotta look for a mod enabling hairy legs for women, too.

AM enables body hair for women.
SickLaxBro
Asinine Airhead

Bleh

View Profile
« Reply #232 on: 2011 June 05, 17:48:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm kinda disappointed that there wasn't a new neighborhood included. Just finished installing and haven't had a chance to seem what's borked, but it seems like everything is borked.

I gotta look for a mod enabling hairy legs for women, too.

AM's been updated for Generations already?
BlueSoup
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #233 on: 2011 June 05, 18:04:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's in testing.
bloodredtoe
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #234 on: 2011 June 05, 19:27:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Went back and checked - it does not. Unless you mean some other AM Huh
BlueSoup
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #235 on: 2011 June 05, 19:38:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nope, Pescado said it did. But he may not have done it correctly Tongue
Trubble
Ferret Impersonator
Terrible Twerp

:P

View Profile
« Reply #236 on: 2011 June 05, 21:13:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had the option to add body hair to a woman in CAS but I didn't try and use it.

A proud thread pirate.
BlueSoup
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #237 on: 2011 June 05, 21:20:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've tried it now, but though I'm able to, there are no hair options to choose in any category.
bloodredtoe
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #238 on: 2011 June 05, 22:57:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've tried it now, but though I'm able to, there are no hair options to choose in any category.

Yeah, I meant it didn't enable the textures to be used on females. Perhaps Pescado meant just the interface.
floopyboo
The Biter
Pinheaded Pissant

Back by popular demand!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #239 on: 2011 June 05, 23:05:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Now fucked: you can disable opportunities - except the ones we want you to have anyway, which is all of them, sucker!

Very not happy with this. If I turn off opportunities, it's because I want to play the game, not go on a neverending quest to save my girlfriend. This is sims 3, not the legends of Zelda, dammit!

http://bigbrotherlawndale.deviantart.com/

The awesomest thing on the internet.
Spaz
Asinine Airhead

Why you looking at me? <_<

View Profile
« Reply #240 on: 2011 June 05, 23:19:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I smiled at that Drawn Together reference.  Roll Eyes Cheesy

"If homosexuality is a disease, let's all call in queer to work:  'Hello.  Can't work today, still queer.'"  ~Robin Tyler
siriusthinking
Asinine Airhead

Lurker since July 29, 2005!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #241 on: 2011 June 05, 23:46:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm getting a problem with the school trips. When I sent a teen on one, the text saying he was on a trip stayed there until he aged up. He went to school as normal the next day, but stopped going to after school activities. If I tried to send him, I got a message saying he needs to go to lessons first.
I'm getting that issue, too.  I have two children, each in a different after school activity.  They went on a school field trip and were excused from after school activities, everything seemed fine.  Now I've noticed they haven't been going to after school activities at all.  If I try to send them, it says they have to go to class first.  Well, they're in class/just got out of class and still nothing.
The only mod I'm using is nointro and that was in when it was working, too.
BlueSoup
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #242 on: 2011 June 06, 00:50:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My Sim aged up from YA to elder, and went invisible.  This is after she spent half of Egypt invisibly, until she got burned. When she was burned, she was extra dark.  The only difference I can think of, is that her and her husband went on a free vacation before she went to Egypt.  Not sure if this is Gen or AM :\
GloamingMerle
Corpulent Cretin

Just say "NO" to Womrats!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #243 on: 2011 June 06, 00:52:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Tried all 3 AwesomeMod download mirrors just minutes ago, but each one tells me the versions are mismatched. *shrug* The Launcher tells me my game is fully up to date. It's version 6.5.1.011031.

Sundoll
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #244 on: 2011 June 06, 00:56:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Try updating Awesomemod via the updater tool thingy. The test version is available there.
Jeebus
Nitwitted Nuisance

MATY's Lord and Savior

View Profile
« Reply #245 on: 2011 June 06, 01:04:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Tried all 3 AwesomeMod download mirrors just minutes ago, but each one tells me the versions are mismatched. *shrug* The Launcher tells me my game is fully up to date. It's version 6.5.1.011031.
Then something is wrong, because you should be patched up to 1.22/2.14/4.7/6.2/8.0.

"Terminate the erroneous data" is an awesome euphemism for an abortion.
Zed Pee Em
Asinine Airhead

Zed Pee Em..What? He's Canadian. I'm sorry.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #246 on: 2011 June 06, 01:46:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

He went to school as normal the next day, but stopped going to after school activities. If I tried to send him, I got a message saying he needs to go to lessons first.
I'm getting that issue, too.  I have two children, each in a different after school activity.  If I try to send them, it says they have to go to class first.  Well, they're in class/just got out of class and still nothing.

I'm having the same issue, my sims go to school but can't go to their after school activities. Says they need to be in school to go. O.o

Oh Canada, the pipes, the pipes are calling...
Claeric
Shouty Vole
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #247 on: 2011 June 06, 03:08:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You should know not to use out of date mods with a new patch or expansion. That's just how it works.

Is anyone else having problems with the age sliders? I set my ages up and then moved in a family, and they have the default Normal length set to each of their ages. Do I have to wait for them to age up again before it goes proper?
floopyboo
The Biter
Pinheaded Pissant

Back by popular demand!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #248 on: 2011 June 06, 04:21:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Probably. That's how it works with aging hacks.

http://bigbrotherlawndale.deviantart.com/

The awesomest thing on the internet.
GloamingMerle
Corpulent Cretin

Just say "NO" to Womrats!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #249 on: 2011 June 06, 05:11:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Try updating Awesomemod via the updater tool thingy. The test version is available there.

Ah, okay. When someone said it was updated, I thought they were talking about the usual download thread. Thanks.

Then something is wrong, because you should be patched up to 1.22/2.14/4.7/6.2/8.0.

Eh, I don't know. Couldn't my version just be different because I don't have Generations or any of the stuff packs? I noticed it did a tiny patch update again right after I installed Late Nite today.
« Last Edit: 2011 June 06, 05:55:45 by GloamingMerle » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 15 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: