More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 01:21:46

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Generations: What Sucks, What's Fucked, and What Did EA Get Right by Utter Luck
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 15 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Generations: What Sucks, What's Fucked, and What Did EA Get Right by Utter Luck  (Read 207200 times)
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
Re: Generations: What Sucks, What's Fucked, and What Did EA Get Right by Utter Luck
« Reply #200 on: 2011 June 04, 06:16:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Gay people don't necessarily dress like members of the opposite sex.  I think you're thinking of transvestites, who aren't necessarily gay.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
Maranatah
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: Generations: What Sucks, What's Fucked, and What Did EA Get Right by Utter Luck
« Reply #201 on: 2011 June 04, 08:10:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

you have the "gay "semi-transvestites" kids" bug of generations?? wtf....(girls shoes and accesories in the boy section...)

Yes, same here. Boys will grow up wearing pink sandals...

Has anyone had the walk with stroller want satisfied?

I have, works fine here.
jefrir
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #202 on: 2011 June 04, 08:51:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The ballet shoe things are actually slightly different in the girls' version (they have little bows on them) so it's deliberate. Not a problem, just slightly surprising.
Fribble
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #203 on: 2011 June 04, 09:21:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The ballet shoe things are actually slightly different in the girls' version (they have little bows on them) so it's deliberate. Not a problem, just slightly surprising.
And the opera gloves?
Eeyore
Garrulous Gimp

Beware donkey poo.

View Profile
« Reply #204 on: 2011 June 04, 13:12:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, that's the thing. If I delete all files associated with AM, it STILL insists that it's installed. I tried everything to make it go away. I'm probably just going to wait until the update for AM comes out until I play again. Generations kinda sucks anyways.

The problem with this strategy is that if you have AM files floating around in unknown locations it can cause problems. Did you ever use the old framework? If so, did you properly delete all of it? If I were you I'd take the time to figure this out, i.e., an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. No one likes tightpants. (Unless you are a fan, I suppose, of the pajama jeans.)

"[M]embers of MATY do not realize how badly they are perceived by society, and that people are secretly mocking them in silence." -- cwurtz
Madame Mim
Retarded Reprobate

Tards, Damned Tards and You Were Adopted.

View Profile
« Reply #205 on: 2011 June 04, 13:25:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And the opera gloves?

You think the gloves are surprising - get the dress up box - this is Nicolo Lothario

Mia kusenveturilo estas angiloplena.
bloodredtoe
Corpulent Cretin

Less awesome than some of you

View Profile
« Reply #206 on: 2011 June 04, 13:50:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You think the gloves are surprising - get the dress up box - this is Nicolo Lothario
I thoroughly approve of this dress-up Cheesy Pity they'll fix this in a patch and shove kids back into old stereotypical gender roles.
Carioca Girl
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #207 on: 2011 June 04, 13:55:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The Generations messed up with my game.  I lost the interaction with any of my celebrities sims. I have one big family of celebrities but nothing happens when I click in one of them. Someone said that's a mod core problem but I delete all the Mods and even reinstall the game.Now, i'm using the awesomemod test version.  Is someone here have the same problem? Is very very frustrating.
Painkiller
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #208 on: 2011 June 04, 14:38:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, celebrities are 'working' normally. As a matter of fact I'm right back from testing some stuff in Barnacle Bay with premades and everyone on this fucking island is a celebrity and they interact just fine. Check in the old way of installing if you have some mods stuffed somewhere. A few months after the installing way change I found a lot of CC that I've forgotten in several folders there, luckily there was no forgotten mods in my case though. Check every EP and SP folders.
Claeric
Shouty Vole
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #209 on: 2011 June 04, 15:55:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You likely have clothing unlocked in CAS. The reason those clothes are in the boy sectio is because teh costume chest is not gender exclusive- both boys and girls can be princes and princesses, so there are boy versions of the princess outfits.
Fribble
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #210 on: 2011 June 04, 16:13:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Boarding schools are borked for me as well, I sent 2 kids off and they spent a day there and are now hanging around the house  and I can't send the little buggers off again.
The relationship bug comes and goes, for me restarting works. But then I did not have it from the start.

On an interesting note I discovered that children of imaginary friends inherit the option to turn to toy form.
jefrir
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #211 on: 2011 June 04, 17:55:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And the opera gloves?

Haven't looked at those, but given that accesories are not selected automatically, so your sim will only wear them if you tell him to, I don't see that this can possibly be an issue.
Madame Mim
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #212 on: 2011 June 04, 21:18:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Claeric:- I should have known little boy Princessess was too ecumenical for EA.

IMHO boarding school sux in general. I too had the 'one day there and then the kid came back' issue, but after a day or two at public school he was definately returnable. He stayed until teen-dom when he got a 'school report' similar to the one that appeared when he was earlier returned, except that I had the option to keep him there.

• He seems to have learnt nothing at boarding school
  • The game applied his new trait automatically without even a "because you're a slack parent we'll do it for you" reasoning (although that may be because they recognise it would be some kind of tautology - but EA doesn't normally recognise the more refined concepts of life

Where's the point in that? You send them off to posh schools (the sporty one in this case) in order to improve their educations.

I'll report more on this when he comes home as an adult, but I think we're actually better off keeping them home. At least until somebody makes some kind of boarding school adjustment mod.
« Last Edit: 2011 June 04, 21:28:39 by Madame Mim » Logged

Robowolf
Asinine Airhead

Oh, to toss grenades around in space!

View Profile
« Reply #213 on: 2011 June 04, 22:36:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I like kids (and older sims?) being able to wear all clothes, regardless of sex. Gender roles are overrated.

Boarding schools being borked sucks - being able to send those brats off is definitely something I'm looking forward to when it's working right.
BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #214 on: 2011 June 04, 22:49:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Further on the photography thing - my problem has started again, and it's coincided with her first vacation. She can take a photo but it won't give her credit for photographing a specific object. And then she is totally frozen with that in her queue until I reset her.
floopyboo
The Biter
Pinheaded Pissant

Back by popular demand!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #215 on: 2011 June 04, 23:26:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, jealousy is at an all-time high now. I can't stop a sim from accusing of cheating because her spouse ZOMG spoke to another woman at work! how dare he!!!!11!!!

This is absoultely ridiculous. I love some of the new content, but the kermitflail of whine every time someone so much as looks at a sim of the opposite gender, not enjoying so much.

ETA - okay, it's not just talking to sims of the opposite gender, it's working with them. Very much not amused.
« Last Edit: 2011 June 04, 23:52:49 by floopyboo » Logged

http://bigbrotherlawndale.deviantart.com/

The awesomest thing on the internet.
jefrir
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #216 on: 2011 June 04, 23:53:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm getting a problem with the school trips. When I sent a teen on one, the text saying he was on a trip stayed there until he aged up. He went to school as normal the next day, but stopped going to after school activities. If I tried to send him, I got a message saying he needs to go to lessons first.
MissKitty
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #217 on: 2011 June 05, 00:31:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, jealousy is at an all-time high now. I can't stop a sim from accusing of cheating because her spouse ZOMG spoke to another woman at work! how dare he!!!!11!!!

This is absoultely ridiculous. I love some of the new content, but the kermitflail of whine every time someone so much as looks at a sim of the opposite gender, not enjoying so much.

ETA - okay, it's not just talking to sims of the opposite gender, it's working with them. Very much not amused.

Happened to me too. And I'm not even sure what the accuser has to do to get rid of the debuff... bah, stupid.
floopyboo
The Biter
Pinheaded Pissant

Back by popular demand!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #218 on: 2011 June 05, 01:00:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I did find out that if you send the accusee away quickly enough(aka teleport to a nice empty lot), the accuser will do the stompy dance & not be able to make the accusation, ergo, no debuff.

http://bigbrotherlawndale.deviantart.com/

The awesomest thing on the internet.
samhainophilia
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #219 on: 2011 June 05, 01:37:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, that's the thing. If I delete all files associated with AM, it STILL insists that it's installed. I tried everything to make it go away. I'm probably just going to wait until the update for AM comes out until I play again. Generations kinda sucks anyways.

The problem with this strategy is that if you have AM files floating around in unknown locations it can cause problems. Did you ever use the old framework? If so, did you properly delete all of it? If I were you I'd take the time to figure this out, i.e., an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. No one likes tightpants. (Unless you are a fan, I suppose, of the pajama jeans.)

Well, I checked everywhere I have ever installed mods (2 places, only 1 now), and I only have one copy of AM. I never used the old framework either. I'm really frustrated.

Yes, I will correct your incorrect grammar and spelling. Don't speak if you have only idiocy coming out of you.
Madame Mim
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #220 on: 2011 June 05, 01:52:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've had a thunk about it and the only positive thing I can say about sending Nicolo Lothario to the sports boarding school is - he came back with a trampoline skill. I don't know how much of one, because it's a hidden skill, and he didn't get any actual body points. For all his years away he came back with 2 martial arts skill points, 2 handy skill points and that un-numbered no of trampoline skill points (I'm guessing 2).

I've thought of something else - they don't form any memories while away.
« Last Edit: 2011 June 05, 02:43:51 by Madame Mim » Logged

GloamingMerle
Corpulent Cretin

Just say "NO" to Womrats!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #221 on: 2011 June 05, 03:25:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ironically, I just bough WA yesterday because it was on sale (at the same time I was buying Late Nite and looking at the Generations box thinking: Has it really been that long already?). I decided not to buy it because I wanted the modders to have time to play catch up. Then, today I had a flagrant retard moment and updated my game. *facepalm* Now photography is broken, one day after getting it. On the bright side, a quick google search reveals that several people have gotten this same bug right after Generations/patching, so hopefully it will be fixed in a timely fashion. *le sigh*

On the other hand, customizing ages is awesome. So is the buy/build filter for ex-packs. Memories for going to the grocery store is just plain weird.

P.S. Look! I'm still alive after all!

netza
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #222 on: 2011 June 05, 08:21:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Another nice bug occured:

Two sims kept resetting yesterday no matter what I did. So I shut down the game and today one of them is back to normal and the other is just.... :S She's just standing and can't be selcted and others can't interact with her... :/ resetsim didn't help... >_<
Inge
Round Mound of Gray Fatness
Senator

Senator Emeritus. Oh hold on, I am still a senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #223 on: 2011 June 05, 10:55:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Now, we were totally promised by EA that with Generations EP, there would finally be consequences to what happens to our sims.   It turns out this is just another "bolted on" bit of gameplay.  The basic AI is still completely  non-existent.

For example, I play a family, family has kid.  Family proceed to be mean to kid all the time (under my command).  All relationships red.   Now, a human kid at this stage should be borked and miserable.   Not a sim.  The moment my attention wanders, family members initiate playful or friendly interactions with kid and vice versa as if nothing is wrong.   Or fresh from another player-directed insult, kid goes to play with toys, full of having-a-blast moodlets from toys and all greened up.

TS1 would have got this right.   In those days once you set up a bad relationship between sims, they maintained it themselves.  Also the sim everyone was being mean to would go into red for fun and social, and would be too busy weeping to go and do something fun and forget about it.

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Generations: What Sucks, What's Fucked, and What Did EA Get Right by Utter L
« Reply #224 on: 2011 June 05, 11:40:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Inge, did you really expect that EA would code in autonomous child abuse? In the previous editions of the game, there pretty much *WERE* no intentionally negative interactions with children. In fact, I am still not sure there are, other than the blatantly comical, like stealing candy from them...which is entirely justified, seeing as they have an endless supply of it and are in fact the only source of candy in the entire game.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 15 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: