More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 11:27:27

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Generations: What Sucks, What's Fucked, and What Did EA Get Right by Utter Luck
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 15 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Generations: What Sucks, What's Fucked, and What Did EA Get Right by Utter Luck  (Read 207171 times)
ElectricSimmer
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
Re: Generations: What Sucks, What's Fucked, and What Did EA Get Right by Utter Luck
« Reply #175 on: 2011 June 03, 13:11:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can confirm that romantic interactions are fucked for me as well.
ElectricSimmer
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
Re: Generations: What Sucks, What's Fucked, and What Did EA Get Right by Utter Luck
« Reply #176 on: 2011 June 03, 13:23:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

On a stupid impulse I removed AwesomeMod temporarily. Romantic interactions began to work again. Possible AM glitch?
IAmCat
Asinine Airhead

"What the deuce?!"

View Profile
« Reply #177 on: 2011 June 03, 13:50:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Whoa, romantic interactions between couples are badly broken. Sure, I can see how if you haven't spoken to your spouse for a while that woohoo invite may not exactly be high on your to-do list, but frankly, I just cheatily maxed out a couple's relationship (100/100) and had one 'compliment appearance' and their spouse got the 3 hour creepy moodlet. So that's it then - romance between couples is not harder, it is completely broken even on the most basic level. Joy!

I have a boyfriend/girlfriend with a bunch of kids (made in CAS with relationships) and they absolutely cannot woohoo. If I work up the interactions 'til they're both hot and bothered and select woohoo:
  • If they're in the bed, they pop outside the house, standing. WTF!
  • If they're standing already, flirting, make-out, etc. as soon as I choose woohoo, the asker pops a few feet away and the interaction bubble is broken (top left), like they weren't even talking.

Tried and tried, but these two are never going to get it on!

~Cat

I am but a lowly private in this army of disillusioned miscreants.
Painkiller
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #178 on: 2011 June 03, 13:50:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nope, romantic actions for married sims work normally. I tested old ones like hugs and kisses and the news ones like flowers, also tested woohoo in the shower followed by woohoo in bed. I haven't installed AM back in so it may be the culprit.

Could anyone else than Claeric confirm the divorce/break up memory not being shared with the second sim? I find it odd as it's a huge borkness, even coming from EA.
IAmCat
Asinine Airhead

"What the deuce?!"

View Profile
« Reply #179 on: 2011 June 03, 13:53:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nope, romantic actions for married sims work normally. I tested old ones like hugs and kisses and the news ones like flowers, also tested woohoo in the shower followed by woohoo in bed. I too haven't installed AM back in so I guess we found the culprit.

Could anyone else than Claeric confirm the divorce/break up memory not being shared with the second sim? I find it odd as it's a huge borkness, even coming from EA.

I can't speak to the memories, but I can attest to the fact that (AM-free) woohoo is fried.

~Cat

ElectricSimmer
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #180 on: 2011 June 03, 13:53:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm guessing it's AM causing it as I removed it to check if it was a mod conflict and it all worked fine without AM.
IAmCat
Asinine Airhead

"What the deuce?!"

View Profile
« Reply #181 on: 2011 June 03, 13:57:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Somewhat mentioned before, but I'd like to add to it - romantic hugging interactions when two sims are gf/bf, engaged or married cause the initiator to jump back. What's funny, it worked normal before I proposed going steady.

This jumping is what I'm seeing as well. Sometimes right out of the bed after kissing and I select woohoo.

~Cat

freckles
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #182 on: 2011 June 03, 14:22:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

On a stupid impulse I removed AwesomeMod temporarily. Romantic interactions began to work again. Possible AM glitch?

It works fine with my sims,married or girl/boyfriend,with and without AM.

I did have a slight problem with AM after I installed generations,but I just removed my other mods,re-installed generations and AM and it worked fine.  The problem was the sims pictures and the sims needs were gone.
bloodredtoe
Corpulent Cretin

Less awesome than some of you

View Profile
« Reply #183 on: 2011 June 03, 15:09:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Checked a divorced sim (who didn't initiate the divorce), she has no memory of the divorce. Can't check her ex-husband, though, since he's missing from the game (edit town shows him living in a specific house, but when I switch, he's not there).
Versus
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #184 on: 2011 June 03, 15:14:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Had a sim break up with his girlfriend. He has the memory and she does not.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #185 on: 2011 June 03, 16:28:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Awesomemod story is ticking along just fine, couples are hooking up and I got a message that one couple had been pollinated, so it's not stopping that. I just got my couple to adopt so I could try out this imaginary friend business.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Maranatah
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #186 on: 2011 June 03, 16:54:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had a bug with dating. After my female asked her boyfriend on a date, they kept "being on a date" even after she ended the date couple hours later. It continued to happen for couple of days. She invited him over to her place, he came and left immediately leaving his g-friend a bad date moodlet. Every time they met, the game told that they're on a date, having a bad date even though they had not started a new date and it stopped only after they got married and he moved in. Is anyone else having problems like this?
IgnorantBliss
Knuckleheaded Knob

INTJ

View Profile
« Reply #187 on: 2011 June 03, 17:13:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm not having the romantic interactions bug (no AM, either), but just now I've been getting a pop-up message a couple of times saying something like "Three is a crowd for romance. Would you like to dial it down to a group outing instead?", even though nobody is having a date or any romantic interaction. I don't even know which sim the message is referring to, there are four adults/elders in the household.

Liz: I'm telling you, this is my year. I feel like the show's going to be great and I'm very positive that I'm going to meet someone else.
Jack: Women your age are more likely to be mauled at the zoo than get married.
Painkiller
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #188 on: 2011 June 03, 17:39:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wouldn't worry about it, well except if it keeps coming back. I got that message once before Generations and it was referring to an NPC since I was playing a nice little couple without any problems. I thought it was probably Twallan SP's gigolo acting naughty in the background so I clicked yes and my game didn't explode afterward.
Claeric
Shouty Vole
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #189 on: 2011 June 03, 18:25:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The game considers dating and outings the same thing, it seems. If two sims in a relationship go OUT, just to go hang out somewhere, they get a message saying "Looks like it's just X and Y now" and it becomes a date, as if there was a third or fourth and they left the group.

I guess it's realistic in a way but it'd be nice to go out as friends witohut it having to be a date.
NoShitSherlock
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #190 on: 2011 June 03, 20:32:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just put in the latest AM test, and my sim couple is back to normal for the time being. Still missing some mods, but at least now I can play a halfway decent game.
Madame Mim
Retarded Reprobate

Tards, Damned Tards and You Were Adopted.

View Profile
« Reply #191 on: 2011 June 03, 22:32:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can see now what everybody means about memories. I started out playing with them on just to see (they're definately OFF now). Carmelo Lothario was running off to work and passed the library on the way - now he has a 'feeling bookish' memory about visiting the library - he didn't even stop there, let alone go in.

Mia kusenveturilo estas angiloplena.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #192 on: 2011 June 04, 01:25:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When I moved the family from the game library into the old lady writer's house, they were adult and the child was a toddler. Almost immediately, that day or the next, there was an announcement that it was the birthday of each one of them. I went back and changed them to YA so when they aged they'd still be adult. (And capable of spawning so I could make imaginary playmates. *eyeroll*).

Are other people experiencing this?

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
samhainophilia
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #193 on: 2011 June 04, 02:31:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm not sure if anyone is having the same problem,but when I go and pick traits for my new sim there is only one there to pick from.  Huh

Same for me. Mine only shows the "stupid" trait.

Yes, I will correct your incorrect grammar and spelling. Don't speak if you have only idiocy coming out of you.
Madame Mim
Retarded Reprobate

Tards, Damned Tards and You Were Adopted.

View Profile
« Reply #194 on: 2011 June 04, 02:56:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My best guess is that you're running an old traits modifying mod, and that you are stupid.

Has anyone had the walk with stroller want satisfied?

Mia kusenveturilo estas angiloplena.
samhainophilia
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #195 on: 2011 June 04, 03:39:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My best guess is that you're running an old traits modifying mod, and that you are stupid.

Has anyone had the walk with stroller want satisfied?

The only mod I have is AM. Even when it's deleted it STILL only shows one trait. I have no other mods.

Yes, I will correct your incorrect grammar and spelling. Don't speak if you have only idiocy coming out of you.
Kyna
Terrible Twerp

An ass with great insight

View Profile
« Reply #196 on: 2011 June 04, 03:55:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The only mod I have is AM. Even when it's deleted it STILL only shows one trait. I have no other mods.

The stupid trait is added by AM.  If you are seeing the stupid trait after deleting AM, then you haven't deleted AM.

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
<br />Declared \\\\\\\"Male\\\\\\\" by Pescado on 8th April, 2009
samhainophilia
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #197 on: 2011 June 04, 05:19:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The stupid trait is added by AM.  If you are seeing the stupid trait after deleting AM, then you haven't deleted AM.

Well, that's the thing. If I delete all files associated with AM, it STILL insists that it's installed. I tried everything to make it go away. I'm probably just going to wait until the update for AM comes out until I play again. Generations kinda sucks anyways.

Rockermonkey
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #198 on: 2011 June 04, 05:24:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It is updated though.
Panama_Crew
Asinine Airhead

.package factory co.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #199 on: 2011 June 04, 06:14:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

you have the "gay "semi-transvestites" kids" bug of generations?? wtf....(girls shoes and accesories in the boy section...)

Serius "Hardcore" Gamer ^^:http://recursos.fotocajon.com/fotos/unregistered/4cf/e18/user_size_329050.jpg
Everything in this world is a dlc(EA Game$)
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 15 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: