More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 09:25:01

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Generations: What Sucks, What's Fucked, and What Did EA Get Right by Utter Luck
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 15 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Generations: What Sucks, What's Fucked, and What Did EA Get Right by Utter Luck  (Read 207167 times)
Marquis
fway
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
Re: Generations: What Sucks, What's Fucked, and What Did EA Get Right by Utter Luck
« Reply #100 on: 2011 June 01, 04:13:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sending Sims on dates are annoying as hell if the active Sim doesn't have a car. It appears that when the active Sim goes on a date with Sim B, Sim B drives away leaving the active Sim behind. After that, I had to click on the venue again and wait for Sim B to show up. Sim B shows up and goes into the cab. Also, the option for "Ask 'x' to Leave Date" when clicking on Sim B is stupid. "End the Date" fits better. I suppose that changing the wording is too much work. I'm hoping that group outings didn't get borked.
« Last Edit: 2011 June 01, 04:37:38 by fway » Logged

Zed Pee Em
Asinine Airhead

Zed Pee Em..What? He's Canadian. I'm sorry.

View Profile WWW
Re: Generations: What Sucks, What's Fucked, and What Did EA Get Right by Utter Luck
« Reply #101 on: 2011 June 01, 05:04:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sending Sims on dates are annoying as hell if the active Sim doesn't have a car. It appears that when the active Sim goes on a date with Sim B, Sim B drives away leaving the active Sim behind. After that, I had to click on the venue again and wait for Sim B to show up. Sim B shows up and goes into the cab. Also, the option for "Ask 'x' to Leave Date" when clicking on Sim B is stupid. "End the Date" fits better. I suppose that changing the wording is too much work. I'm hoping that group outings didn't get borked.

I didn't have this issue and my sims didn't have a car. But they lived together so maybe that helped?

Oh Canada, the pipes, the pipes are calling...
freckles
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: 2011 June 01, 07:45:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

CTRL+shift testingcheatsenabled true>Go into town view>Click on your sims house>Right click and teleport here.

Yeah, that's a better method than resetsim which is what I used eventually.

I prefer to use that method of getting my Sims around their town than having to use transport.
Acid_fairy
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: 2011 June 01, 12:39:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Daycare profession is just plain pointless. The kids are left overnight frequently (and unannounced), which causes them to stay until the next shift. Then, suddenly they disappear, and my sim jumps to the front of the lot. After all of that, and hours of keeping the kids' mood high, job performance doesn't increase.

This happened to one toddler at my daycare but I just used reset sim on him which worked like a charm. Job performance tends to increase when the parents actually come to pick the kids up however which is why yours isn't increasing.
Clara
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: 2011 June 01, 13:24:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've been fiddling around with the new Buy/Build filters and there's an annoying issue with the basegame one. I put some objects back in Mods\Packages and the custom filter works--only shows custom content. The store filter (even for decrapified content) works--only shows store content. But the basegame filter shows base and decrapified store and custom content. I assume it's because all the filter is looking for is an EPFlag value of 0x00 but it's strange that EA wouldn't differentiate it more than that. Even for people with crapified store content it would still show custom objects along with base objects, rather defeating the purpose.
Roux
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: 2011 June 01, 16:03:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was playing in CAS a bit, and noticed that the voice pitch slider is broken. The 3 voice buttons change the voice, but sliding the bar up and down doesn't make the voice go higher or lower. I pulled all my CC (except for NoCD and nointro) and cleared caches, to no effect. Is anyone else having the same problem?

Patched to 1.22, Generations installed.

You have your way with him, and you'll never get to destroy the world; and I don't fancy spending the next six months trying to get librarian out of the carpet.
Daphoenyx
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: 2011 June 01, 17:08:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When I try to patch it, it says that some files are missing...  Undecided
Eipa
Tasty Tourist

Thought you was Batman!

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: 2011 June 01, 17:30:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was playing in CAS a bit, and noticed that the voice pitch slider is broken. The 3 voice buttons change the voice, but sliding the bar up and down doesn't make the voice go higher or lower. I pulled all my CC (except for NoCD and nointro) and cleared caches, to no effect. Is anyone else having the same problem?

Patched to 1.22, Generations installed.

Yeah, the same thing is happening to me. Is really annoying cuz everyone has the same voice...

"We are going to rip off your testicles.......and slash your tires."
Silent Dreamer
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: 2011 June 01, 17:38:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Something EA got right by utter accident: The spiral stairs stack.

The stupid threshold has reached critical mass! Brain explosions imminent!
IgnorantBliss
Knuckleheaded Knob

INTJ

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: 2011 June 01, 17:53:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm having jump bug sort of issues which I haven't had, I don't know, since never. First when teaching a toddler to talk, and then with two (married) elders trying to sleep in the same bed. Also I encountered some problem with all sims in a household turning invisible during a toddler being potty trained. Everyone else eventually returned visible, except for the toddler, who was fixed by resetsim.

Edited to add: OK, the jump bug is not limited to elders in double beds, but to anyone sleeping in any kind of a bed, including toddlers. They just jump out of the bed while nowhere near fully rested.
« Last Edit: 2011 June 01, 19:07:57 by IgnorantBliss » Logged

Liz: I'm telling you, this is my year. I feel like the show's going to be great and I'm very positive that I'm going to meet someone else.
Jack: Women your age are more likely to be mauled at the zoo than get married.
Juan Sfalcin
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: 2011 June 01, 18:06:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

For some reason Generations made my game insanely slow and I'm talking about an vanilla new game. Oh, and the EP sucks, anyways.
vesper
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: 2011 June 01, 18:30:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Anyone got the original TSLHost.dll file? Forgot to back mine up (Embarrassed), so now I can't update my game, and the Reloaded version keeps crashing on me.
zsangel
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: 2011 June 01, 19:07:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So strollers...anyone else notice that they can't be pushed up a slight incline or hill?  I had my Sim take her toddler for a stroll and all was well until she reached a hill.  Then she picked the kid up, walked up the hill and put it back in the stroller.  Later she also put the kid in the stroller to move her from outside to the highchair on the same level.

What's the point of a sand box if a toddler can't play in it?
Daphoenyx
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: 2011 June 01, 20:05:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Anyone got the original TSLHost.dll file? Forgot to back mine up (Embarrassed), so now I can't update my game, and the Reloaded version keeps crashing on me.
If you happen to find it, can you contact me? I need it too!!
Rockermonkey
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: 2011 June 01, 20:43:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

http://www.mediafire.com/?yobhana02uzniw7

That's my TSLHost.dll, my games already patched though. So I'm not sure if that will help.
vesper
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: 2011 June 01, 20:50:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks! Unfortunately it got the wrong SHA1 checksum when trying to update, so I guess I'm back to square one. Will search moar and try something smart (already tried reinstalling)
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: 2011 June 01, 21:01:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pirating 101:  Don't Overwrite Important Files.  Back them up, move them to a safe place, or leave them where they are and rename them with a ".old" extension so the game will ignore them.  Whatever you have to do to keep you from going on websites to expose your shame while we point and laugh at you, because you WILL NEED those original files again if you plan to ever patch your game or upgrade to a new EP.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
vesper
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: 2011 June 01, 21:12:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No shit.
I'm usually pretty good at that - I keep them backed up (I have TS3W.exe, TS3W-original.exe and TS3W-crack.exe) and color-coded in the original folder, so I can easily use whichever version I want, but I just forgot it this time around.
So lesson learned, and my daily backup has already run and updated all the files, so I'm at a loss here.

Anyways, if you happen to have the unpatched, original TSLHost.dll lying around somewhere, feel free to upload it, because I have no idea how to get it back - it didn't appear after reinstalling Generations, even after removing the cracked TSLHost.dll so it wouldn't get confused, and I can't find it lurking around in the installer either.

I'll even buy you a beer if you're ever near me if you could be so kind.
kissing_toast
Retarded Reprobate

AIDE to Jezzers

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: 2011 June 01, 21:26:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Suck it up, you're going to have to uninstall everything and start over. Why would you even waste your time using cracks for this game anyways? There's way too many updates.

Cupcakes Taste Like Violence,KT_StoreFix

It's like a bowl of oranges, only one orange, is an orange of DOOM!
vesper
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: 2011 June 01, 21:33:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, guess that's the reality I'm facing. And for my last noobie question -- is it possible to run the Reloaded version without a crack? I thought even the No-CD mods/cracks/whatever required changing a couple of the files?

For my last Hail Mary attempt I'm installing Generations on top of the regular base game, and extracting TSLHost.dll from that folder. Not sure if the contents of TSLHost.dll change with regards to what you have installed, but it's worth a shot. Otherwise I have a hell of a job ahead of me trying to find all the DMGs and all my CC..

Edit: SUCK IT.
I fixed it. Here's the unpatched, original TSLHost.dll for you daphoenyx. Just updated my game, so I know it works. http://www.mediafire.com/?z701kv49aql3947
« Last Edit: 2011 June 01, 21:43:00 by vesper » Logged
Zed Pee Em
Asinine Airhead

Zed Pee Em..What? He's Canadian. I'm sorry.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #120 on: 2011 June 01, 22:00:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So strollers...anyone else notice that they can't be pushed up a slight incline or hill?  I had my Sim take her toddler for a stroll and all was well until she reached a hill.  Then she picked the kid up, walked up the hill and put it back in the stroller.  Later she also put the kid in the stroller to move her from outside to the highchair on the same level.

What's the point of a sand box if a toddler can't play in it?

Yeah I noticed that too, pretty lame.

Toddlers can't play in it? Also lame. Haven't tried the sand box yet.

Oh Canada, the pipes, the pipes are calling...
kissing_toast
Retarded Reprobate

AIDE to Jezzers

View Profile
« Reply #121 on: 2011 June 01, 22:12:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

@vesper - No, the nocd mod is a normal package that goes into your mods folder. It changes nothing.

Cupcakes Taste Like Violence,KT_StoreFix

It's like a bowl of oranges, only one orange, is an orange of DOOM!
siriusthinking
Asinine Airhead

Lurker since July 29, 2005!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #122 on: 2011 June 01, 22:35:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had that issue, too.  My sims were married.  Husband asked wife on a date to the theater, she had a car in her inventory and took off in it for the theater.  He didn't have a car, hung around for a few seconds, then went inside to play with the baby.
Really?
Took forever to have them meet back up.

Wife also disappeared for a little bit... she was in the house and I could hear her complaining, but she was nowhere to be seen.  I can't remember how I got her back last night, but she showed back up eventually.  And at some point, they wouldn't get in their bed to sleep, relax, woohoo, nothing.  The action would cancel out as soon as I started it.  I deleted the bed and bought a new one and it was fine.   Huh
And all this on a clean install, no mods.  Oh well.
Claeric
Shouty Vole
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #123 on: 2011 June 01, 22:46:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sandbox is children only which is fucking ridiculous. The animations would be a little wonky for teens and older, but hopefulyl with all the work on animations people have been doing somebody can enable it for all ages. I tried enabling it to see if it would stretch sims, but sims just plain don't do the animations if they're not children.

They do all teh work to make it so that you can PAINT a usable object on the ground (sims can play in the sand on any sand terrain on a usable lot), and then they go and make it children only. Ridiculous.
Moryrie
Juvenile Jackass

INTJ... Apparently

View Profile WWW
« Reply #124 on: 2011 June 01, 23:11:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did you try with a childish sim?

"Of two evils, choose the prettier."
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 15 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: