More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 22:27:44

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Generations: What Sucks, What's Fucked, and What Did EA Get Right by Utter Luck
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 15 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Generations: What Sucks, What's Fucked, and What Did EA Get Right by Utter Luck  (Read 207195 times)
silkymoonshine
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
Re: Generations: What Sucks, What's Fucked, and What Did EA Get Right by Utter Luck
« Reply #75 on: 2011 May 31, 11:21:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Still no luck getting an imaginary friend though.

My couple had twins and then a message popped up saying they received a very special gift from some far away land. They came in the mail, just like wedding gifts. Stil haven't played with them enough so that they become a part of the family.
Rubyelf
Feckless Fool

Fiddlesticks!

View Profile
Re: Generations: What Sucks, What's Fucked, and What Did EA Get Right by Utter Luck
« Reply #76 on: 2011 May 31, 11:49:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Being able to set each individual age time frame is absolutely fricking awesome. That has to be the best thing that EA has implemented yet, only thing really that makes this expansion any good. Yay 1 day babies!

High Distinctions for Forensic Analytical Science? CHECK! Honours? CHECK! Scholarship for PHD after completing my Majors? CHECK!
IgnorantBliss
Knuckleheaded Knob

INTJ

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: 2011 May 31, 13:09:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The problem with stuck gems and metals in the inventory only seems to apply to the ones there at the time of installing the EP. So, if this is a bug instead of a random occurence in my game I would advise removing said items from inventories before installing.

Liz: I'm telling you, this is my year. I feel like the show's going to be great and I'm very positive that I'm going to meet someone else.
Jack: Women your age are more likely to be mauled at the zoo than get married.
Morlock
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: 2011 May 31, 13:29:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Has anyone else had issues with elevators? I threw a bachelorette party at one of the lounges and the elevator ended up freezing on the ground floor, so bouncers, mixologists, and party guests couldn't get up/downstairs.

My Sim was in a club that closed at 4am, he didn't get in the lift quickly enough (the club was busy) before the club closed and the elevators were switched off. My Sim and a few others were stuck in the club with no way to get out, this is such slack programming it is amateur.
Claeric
Shouty Vole
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #79 on: 2011 May 31, 14:46:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There's also a "Be Frisky" interaction now which is, I think, just the Tickle animation but applied "romantically"?

Nope, it's woohoo.  Which is useless because woohoo is there too at the same time.

Is it possible that what happens is based on your relationship level with the other Sim?  Or their traits?

Doubt it, my sims are married and all I got was a tickle.
Still no luck getting an imaginary friend though.

My couple had twins and then a message popped up saying they received a very special gift from some far away land. They came in the mail, just like wedding gifts. Stil haven't played with them enough so that they become a part of the family.

Were they babies when this happened? Toddlers? I have my baby age as 1 day, maybe the game stupidly decides to take a day or two to send them to you even if your babies only last a day.
Zed Pee Em
Asinine Airhead

Zed Pee Em..What? He's Canadian. I'm sorry.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #80 on: 2011 May 31, 18:01:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had my sim make a bunch of different potions, but eventually all but two disappeared from her inventory. I never had her use them so I don't know what happened. She never gifted them either.

Oh Canada, the pipes, the pipes are calling...
freckles
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: 2011 May 31, 18:43:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Has anyone else had issues with elevators? I threw a bachelorette party at one of the lounges and the elevator ended up freezing on the ground floor, so bouncers, mixologists, and party guests couldn't get up/downstairs.

My Sim was in a club that closed at 4am, he didn't get in the lift quickly enough (the club was busy) before the club closed and the elevators were switched off. My Sim and a few others were stuck in the club with no way to get out, this is such slack programming it is amateur.

CTRL+shift testingcheatsenabled true>Go into town view>Click on your sims house>Right click and teleport here.
BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: 2011 May 31, 19:13:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had my sim make a bunch of different potions, but eventually all but two disappeared from her inventory. I never had her use them so I don't know what happened. She never gifted them either.

Radical Reparum makes a Sim very handy for an hour.
Liquid Horror gives them the Horrified moodlet for 8 hours.
Sleeping Elixir makes them sleep for 8 hours.
Mood Enhancer gives them a big boost for I think 3 hours.
Ghost Postion makes them ghosted for 3 hours.
Ninja Vanish can only be thrown or given, and not at home. It makes them invisible, and then my Sim TP'd home and was visible again, so not sure why that's useful.
Imaginary Friend Metamorphium can only be given as a gift to someone on the same lot, and the Sim has to know your Sim well enough to feel comfortable accepting a gift from them.
Bladder Flow fills their bladder motive.
Stink Juice fills their hygiene motive.
Young Again moves them back to either the beginning of their current age or the beginning of Young Adult (my Sim was already a Young Adult so it's a bit unclear, but it was like a proper birthday)
« Last Edit: 2011 May 31, 19:39:48 by BlueSoup » Logged
PlumbJohn
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: 2011 May 31, 21:04:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There's also a "Be Frisky" interaction now which is, I think, just the Tickle animation but applied "romantically"?

The "Be Frisky" interaction is for newlyweds. It probably lasts about as long as the "My Love" moodlet sticks around...then it gets stale from there.

Also, newlyweds can write Thank You Notes by clicking on the mailbox.
Zed Pee Em
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
« Reply #84 on: 2011 May 31, 21:21:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ninja Vanish can only be thrown or given, and not at home. It makes them invisible, and then my Sim TP'd home and was visible again, so not sure why that's useful.
Imaginary Friend Metamorphium can only be given as a gift to someone on the same lot, and the Sim has to know your Sim well enough to feel comfortable accepting a gift from them.
Young Again moves them back to either the beginning of their current age or the beginning of Young Adult (my Sim was already a Young Adult so it's a bit unclear, but it was like a proper birthday)

Don't they actually have to use them though? I didn't have my sim use them or anything.

kissing_toast
Retarded Reprobate

AIDE to Jezzers

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: 2011 May 31, 21:43:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What does this have to do with his question?

Cupcakes Taste Like Violence,KT_StoreFix

It's like a bowl of oranges, only one orange, is an orange of DOOM!
Zed Pee Em
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
« Reply #86 on: 2011 May 31, 22:16:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Also another issue I'm having, my sims won a free vacation but never went anywhere. And now they game is stuck thinking the household is traveling, at least that's what it says when I try to click "travel" on the computer (it's grayed out).

Cerridwen
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: 2011 May 31, 22:36:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well I just got to experience the new teenage party feature.  The dad gets a pop up that he won a two day vacation and would he like to go?  So I choose yes, thinking (stupid me) that maybe since I have WA installed the parents might have received a trip to a WA destination free of charge. But no, they just get into a car and then their icons are grayed out. Oh and BTW, the pop up happened at 3am while they were sleeping.  The taxi arrived immediately after I accepted the vacation and they woke up at 3am to get in the taxi and disappear. 

The teenage daughter got a call as she woke up from another teen in town asking if she was having a party and I chose yes.  Then an interface appeared allowing me to choose the time and guests from a list.  Only teens were allowed to be invited and there were only two other teens in the town.  At the start time the two other teens showed up.  I had a radio going in the house and video games, but the two guests never came in the house. They just stood outside until my teen came out and just started talking to them.  A pop up appeared that the parents were coming home early and that the house better be clean when they arrive.  The party broke up with one guest saying it was the best party ever, and one saying the party sucked.  As the guests never entered the house, there was nothing to clean so the teen went to bed.  When the parents showed up, nothing more happened. 

If this is standard for the teen party it appears to suck as hard as every other type of party.
PlumbJohn
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: 2011 May 31, 22:43:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Daycare profession is just plain pointless. The kids are left overnight frequently (and unannounced), which causes them to stay until the next shift. Then, suddenly they disappear, and my sim jumps to the front of the lot. After all of that, and hours of keeping the kids' mood high, job performance doesn't increase.
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: 2011 May 31, 22:53:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just out of curiosity, all the people who are reporting borkedness are testing the game without cc installed, right?  Because I'm not having a lot of the issues that people are reporting.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
Madame Mim
Retarded Reprobate

Tards, Damned Tards and You Were Adopted.

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: 2011 May 31, 22:57:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Shhhh, Jeromy, the reported borkedness is the only thing keeping me from installing it until Pescado gets the testing mod up. How am I mean to keep resisting if people are doing it to themselves?

Mia kusenveturilo estas angiloplena.
Zed Pee Em
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
« Reply #91 on: 2011 May 31, 23:11:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The issues I'm having are without custom content installed, yes.

Roobs
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: 2011 May 31, 23:24:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well I just got to experience the new teenage party feature.  The dad gets a pop up that he won a two day vacation and would he like to go?  So I choose yes, thinking (stupid me) that maybe since I have WA installed the parents might have received a trip to a WA destination free of charge. But no, they just get into a car and then their icons are grayed out. Oh and BTW, the pop up happened at 3am while they were sleeping.  The taxi arrived immediately after I accepted the vacation and they woke up at 3am to get in the taxi and disappear. 

The teenage daughter got a call as she woke up from another teen in town asking if she was having a party and I chose yes.  Then an interface appeared allowing me to choose the time and guests from a list.  Only teens were allowed to be invited and there were only two other teens in the town.  At the start time the two other teens showed up.  I had a radio going in the house and video games, but the two guests never came in the house. They just stood outside until my teen came out and just started talking to them.  A pop up appeared that the parents were coming home early and that the house better be clean when they arrive.  The party broke up with one guest saying it was the best party ever, and one saying the party sucked.  As the guests never entered the house, there was nothing to clean so the teen went to bed.  When the parents showed up, nothing more happened. 

If this is standard for the teen party it appears to suck as hard as every other type of party.
It's even worse if the sim going away on vacation runs a daycare. No one notifies anyone that the day carer is going away, so all the kids are dropped off regardless. They're all non-selectable, but their needs still decay until they are hungry and they stink. The parents of the toddlers stand in one spot and freeze, usually near the front door, becoming completely unselectable. They don't leave until the day carer comes home.

I was rather surprised a party filled with crying, smelly toddlers and two teenagers turned out to be "ZOMG BEST PARTY EVAR!11".
RogueSkinner
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: 2011 May 31, 23:31:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Anyone else having issues creating sims?  Without mods thanks. 

No lifetime wishes are coming up.  No option to even select anything.  they're all blank and the only option is to cancel it
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: 2011 May 31, 23:35:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Are you working with an old save, or starting a new neighborhood?

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
RogueSkinner
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: 2011 May 31, 23:36:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

new everything.  I always start fresh with new add ons
Morlock
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: 2011 June 01, 00:10:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

CTRL+shift testingcheatsenabled true>Go into town view>Click on your sims house>Right click and teleport here.

Yeah, that's a better method than resetsim which is what I used eventually.
Claeric
Shouty Vole
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #97 on: 2011 June 01, 01:23:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Some of the new features (llike the forced off-world vacations meaning a sim can throw a secret party) are a nice way to add life to the game. I had a friend of my child sim's mom call and ask if the kids would like to  have a play date. I said yes and the mom and kid showed up and hung around for a while. I don't actively go "Hm, maybe I should call a neighbor kid and his family to hang out" so it was a unqiue situation that I otherwise wouldn't have experienced.

Field trips are cool too.
kissing_toast
Retarded Reprobate

AIDE to Jezzers

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: 2011 June 01, 02:08:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So this is a BIG "Got right by accident" in my book and I'm surprised Ea didn't play this one out more. The new cheat added with Generations "moviemakercheatsenabled true/false" is AMAZING! It lets you control NPC's, edit sim in CAS, turns off that thing where the sim looks around aimlessly, tells your sim to only do the animation you tell it to do and it lets you tell the sim to do any animation from the game. I lessthanthree this so much. Now if only they'd fix the camera to be more like how TS2's was, movement wise.

http://www.simprograms.com/30671/the-sims-3-generations-cheat-moviemakercheatsenabled-true/
« Last Edit: 2011 June 01, 02:13:20 by kissing_toast » Logged

Cupcakes Taste Like Violence,KT_StoreFix

It's like a bowl of oranges, only one orange, is an orange of DOOM!
Claeric
Shouty Vole
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #99 on: 2011 June 01, 02:09:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Haha, what? There's a cheat that basically works like the animation objects people have only recently started putting out? That's awesome.

Has anyone found a first person camera cheat? I can't imagine a use for it, but Sims 2 had one.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 15 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: