More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 15:29:42

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Generations: What Sucks, What's Fucked, and What Did EA Get Right by Utter Luck
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 15 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Generations: What Sucks, What's Fucked, and What Did EA Get Right by Utter Luck  (Read 207180 times)
Claeric
Shouty Vole
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile WWW
Re: Generations: What Sucks, What's Fucked, and What Did EA Get Right by Utter Luck
« Reply #25 on: 2011 May 29, 04:36:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

after spending some time with some adults, I can say that this really does feel like there is absolutely nothing but furniture to this expansion. I have noticed only...4 new interactions between the two adults, not counting "ask on date" (which seems to do nothing but give date icons to each sim). Maybe it feels like an expansion with kids and teens, but an expansion shouldn't require a kid or a teen present for you to realize the game has changed beyond what a patch could give you.

Pillow fights being back is nice, but is that really all to here is to it for the adults?
Rockermonkey
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
Re: Generations: What Sucks, What's Fucked, and What Did EA Get Right by Utter Luck
« Reply #26 on: 2011 May 29, 06:13:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You can't.

Is the option broken or something? Because according to my settings, there's a box that you can uncheck.
IAmTheRad
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2011 May 29, 08:36:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You can't.

Is the option broken or something? Because according to my settings, there's a box that you can uncheck.
It was broken in my broken savegame. A new game carried it over fine.

The expansion was made to enhance children and teens. They were the most boring stages after toddler and baby in my opinion.
Too bad adults can't use canes. I'd have a dapper gentlemen walk around in a tophat and a tuxedo with a cane if he wasn't old.
Roobs
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2011 May 29, 08:57:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

• Right by utter luck: There's a few nice features added. Having a proper interface to tweak all the individual ages is particularly nice.
  • Sucks: Generations is really light on content. There's just nothing to this expansion, although I'm amazed it took them this long to put out an expansion so hollow. Maybe they're planning a hard sell of content on the store.
  • Fucked: I don't know what the body hair was based on, but I'm sure it wasn't human.

Also, having played some more, memories need to quashed quite urgently. I do not want my sims fondly reminiscing the wondrous afternoon they unclogged the toilet, or every single instance in their life when they picked up a toddler, or every single sim they skinny dipped with during a single party.
« Last Edit: 2011 May 29, 15:48:30 by Roobs » Logged
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Generations: What Sucks, What's Fucked, and What Did EA Get Right by Utter L
« Reply #29 on: 2011 May 29, 13:24:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They put a LOT of effort into making things buyable from the Store, yes. As a side effect, it makes it a lot easier fo anyone now to create new skills, traits, and moodlets.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Jonni
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2011 May 29, 19:25:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's nice to see they put no effort whatsoever into the bachelor/ette parties. (and most other features) Remember the cake dancers from TS1? Would of been nice to see something like that or better. Instead we get two fucking puddings doing the shitty shuffle dance.

Oh, recycled pillow fighting!!

This pack would more appropriately suit the name of: The Sims 3: Playgrounds and underwhelming shite. Generations fucking sucks. I think I'm about done with this franchise altogether.
Morlock
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2011 May 29, 22:49:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The max you can zoom out appears to be like 10 feet now, and it takes 5 minutes of scrolling the mouse wheel to get there.

That is what happens when you run your game with outdated mods, it's called a bug.
IAmTheRad
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2011 May 30, 01:56:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well they made the no-jealous lifetime reward USELESS because you can still be accused of cheating. The clean slate lifetime award is also horrible because it removes all romance options. Master of Seduction has been broken since Outdoor Life stuff since sims can still outright refuse a romantic option. I just take it on my vampires so I can hunt then drink without needing to make a friend.
Hell, if the no-jealous lifetime reward made it like it was TS2 jealousy it'd be a whole lot better with Generations installed. I still get accused of cheating when I just cheat in private.

Next I need to tune the xml of celebrities so I don't get falsely accused every day. Also if my Sim bites in private the accusation still comes.
Claeric
Shouty Vole
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: 2011 May 30, 01:59:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Bachelor parties are silly. The sims come, they dance, do general party stuff, and then a random Party Dancer from a small pool (probably 2 or 3 for each gender) comes, puts down and turns on a boom box, and dances the basic dance with a spotlight shining on them. The spotlight looks stupid, the dance is stupid, and the dancer has no AI but to dance for hours, after which they party like everyone else for a while if they like the party.

They really need some better dancing AI.

Apart from that, though, it is a cute new party type. You can ask a sim to give a toast, and spray others with "Fizzy Nectar", and my party went from 5PM to 7AM before anybody decided it was time to leave, so they are overnight parties too.

Oh, and sims are given a few days off after a wedding "to get settled" now.
« Last Edit: 2011 May 30, 04:55:28 by Claeric » Logged
IAmTheRad
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2011 May 30, 06:35:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I need AwesomeMod. It's just too tedious with the insanely stupid EA Story progression and people staying in their work clothes when they don't need to change to sleep, and way too too many vampires. 4-5 is fine. 20-30 is too much. SimKids appearing out of nowhere. Also letting workers actually progress in their jobs rather than sitting in the bottom rung the entire time.

I'm guessing that AwesomeMod will be updated to work for 1.22 when it's 'officially' released.
deroger
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2011 May 30, 07:51:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Could someone who has installed it please check if the spiral staircases from the "official announcement" made it into the release, or if they were dropped?

Thanks,
Torsten
freckles
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2011 May 30, 08:50:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm not sure if anyone is having the same problem,but when I go and pick traits for my new sim there is only one there to pick from.  Huh
IAmTheRad
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2011 May 30, 09:16:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Could someone who has installed it please check if the spiral staircases from the "official announcement" made it into the release, or if they were dropped?

Thanks,
Torsten

They're in. Just 2 selections, with a 2x2 footprint for one. Not sure about the other one, haven't used it.
« Last Edit: 2011 May 30, 09:23:49 by IAmTheRad » Logged
Inge
Round Mound of Gray Fatness
Senator

Senator Emeritus. Oh hold on, I am still a senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: 2011 May 30, 09:20:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't know what the body hair was based on, but I'm sure it wasn't human.

They modelled it on Peter.  On max everywhere it looks just like him.

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
Inge
Senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: 2011 May 30, 09:22:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Someone needs to mod memories so they are gained by not-in-play sims.  They really missed a way to see how your non-selected sims have been doing while you were not looking.

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
Rubyelf
Feckless Fool

Fiddlesticks!

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2011 May 30, 09:26:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm not sure if anyone is having the same problem,but when I go and pick traits for my new sim there is only one there to pick from.  Huh

Sounds like an Add-On conflict, I am not experiencing this problem at all with no add-ons installed.

Thanks,
Torsten

They're in. Just 2 selections, with a 2x2 footprint for one. Not sure about the other one, haven't used it.

Yah just 2, both are a 2x2 footprint, kind of lame in my opinion. They really aren't that good, which makes me wonder if perhaps EA is planning on making a lot for the store.

Someone needs to mod memories so they are gained by not-in-play sims.  They really missed a way to see how your non-selected sims have been doing while you were not looking.

If anyone can do it, Pescado can. And bad Inge double posting!

High Distinctions for Forensic Analytical Science? CHECK! Honours? CHECK! Scholarship for PHD after completing my Majors? CHECK!
Inge
Senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: 2011 May 30, 11:29:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And bad Inge double posting!

I didn't mean to  Embarrassed   The forum told me there were new posts after mine so I believed it.   I suspect someone posted and deleted theirs...

freckles
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2011 May 30, 14:53:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Rubyelf. I will try the game without ambitions and late night.  Thank you for the suggestion.
Morlock
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2011 May 30, 15:38:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I never had any camera mods, and the first thing I always do with a EP is uninstall all mods and start a clean game to check things out and start testing what mods still work. If it is a bug it happens in clean mod-free games.

The exact same thing happened to my game, it isn't caused by a camera mod, but some other mod. I am willing to wager my left bollock that when it happened you had some mods in your game. Remove every single mod and it won't happen.
Rider
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2011 May 30, 16:12:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well they did change the codeing to allow child, teens, adults from the true to false to this, for example.

<BaseAvailability>
         <Age Children="True" Adults="True" Toddlers="False" Teens="True" Elders="True" />
From this to this format, if anyone is insterested to know.

<BaseAvailability>
         <AgeSpecies AgeSpeciesValue="B,C,T,Y,A,E" />

wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 2011 May 30, 16:44:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Torsten
Yah just 2, both are a 2x2 footprint, kind of lame in my opinion. They really aren't that good, which makes me wonder if perhaps EA is planning on making a lot for the store.
When you say the stairs are kind of lame, what do you mean?  Do they just look downright nasty, or is there a problem with the animations, the way they actually work that is the problem?  Did they actually provide a left and right turning stairs this time?

I am not a complete idiot, some of the parts are missing.
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2011 May 30, 16:54:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm always surprised when new stuff comes out that EA doesn't just skip animations altogether, like they did with cars which don't actually park, and people who just materialize inside them, rather than actually getting in the car.  Why not just have sims come to the bottom of the stairs and then materialize on the next floor?  Saves time and animation in an...er...animated (allegedly) game. Tongue

Tribulatio proxima est
Claeric
Shouty Vole
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: 2011 May 30, 17:07:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Lifetime Rewards are now categorized and have a drop-down filter. I haven't seen that mentioned anywhere.

There's also a "Be Frisky" interaction now which is, I think, just the Tickle animation but applied "romantically"?
Claeric
Shouty Vole
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: 2011 May 30, 17:42:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It feels like Mansion and Garden stuff, but with more EP than Mansion and Garden Stuff.

Like, "Kids and Playtime Stuff", but as a half-EP like M+G was.
IgnorantBliss
Knuckleheaded Knob

INTJ

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 2011 May 30, 17:58:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Generations was not supposed to come out in Finland until June 3rd, so I took a leisurely bike ride to the supermarket to pick up some blueberries, and just happened to check out the game section, and there it was on the shelf. I was not quite mentally prepared yet to face the disappointment of the half-baked EP.

One thing I noticed that hasn't been mentioned here yet (that I can see) is that clicking on items in a sim's inventory now brings up the option to "Give gift".

Liz: I'm telling you, this is my year. I feel like the show's going to be great and I'm very positive that I'm going to meet someone else.
Jack: Women your age are more likely to be mauled at the zoo than get married.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 15 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: