More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 28, 16:18:37

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  WA photographs problem?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: WA photographs problem?  (Read 5282 times)
bimbelina
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
WA photographs problem?
« on: 2011 July 01, 23:03:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

One of the Egypt adventures wants you to take a photo of a treasure chest. I figured out the stupid way that using the in-game camera or cell phone wouldn't satisfy the requirement. So, I bought one of each of the cameras in the market, and after I press C to take the photo, the "Take Photo" action remains in the queue. It can't be killed, and I have to resetsim to continue. I found a few references to this problem on the BBS, but no solutions. Any ideas, please?
Daimon
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
Re: WA photographs problem?
« Reply #1 on: 2011 July 02, 03:43:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Clearing caches and DCBackup files and starting the game again is being reported to work -sometimes-. Swearing at EA while doing so is optional.
bimbelina
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2011 July 02, 06:27:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Clearing caches and DCBackup files and starting the game again is being reported to work -sometimes-. Swearing at EA while doing so is optional.

Thanks for the tip, but it seems this time is not one of those times, even with extra swearing. Sigh...
vorpal
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2011 July 02, 07:00:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was hit by that bug just a few hours ago and while I don't have a solution yet I can report on what others suggested (in no particular order):
-Patch all your EP's manually
-Clear all cache files and if you play a custom world (including Bridgeport, Riverview, Barnacle Bay etc.) clear world caches in Documents, too
-Switch households for a few minutes
-Cancel any opportunities, quit game, clear chaches, reload game. It seems that most people are hit by that bug when they try to take a photo while there's an unfinished opportunity for them. At least my Sim was affected as soon as he tried to take a photo of his quest giver in China.

Edit update: I cleared caches AND completed the open opportunity. After that photography worked normally again. Clearing caches only did nothing. And I haven't patched WA separately.
« Last Edit: 2011 July 02, 09:38:21 by vorpal » Logged
bimbelina
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2011 July 03, 07:35:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was hit by that bug just a few hours ago and while I don't have a solution yet I can report on what others suggested (in no particular order):
<snip lots of ideas>

Edit update: I cleared caches AND completed the open opportunity. After that photography worked normally again. Clearing caches only did nothing. And I haven't patched WA separately.

Thanks. I tried all of that too, still no joy. Maybe there will be a patch.
Duchess
sloppyhousewife
Lipless Loser

Plumber Zombie

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2011 July 06, 12:04:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Have you tried selling the camera and buying a new one? This in addition with restarting the game afterwards did the trick for me.

"Getting attention here is like awakening Lovecraftian cosmic horrors. Don't do it." - J.M. Pescado

bimbelina
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2011 July 09, 16:27:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Have you tried selling the camera and buying a new one? This in addition with restarting the game afterwards did the trick for me.

Thank you for the suggestion, but it is still not working. It seems to hang at the point the picture would be saved, because after I have to reset, no picture.
Rubyelf
Feckless Fool

Fiddlesticks!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2011 July 09, 22:20:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

To get this to work for me I had to move my sim out of their house then back into it again, that is the only working solution I found. Other than that I believe you're out of luck.

High Distinctions for Forensic Analytical Science? CHECK! Honours? CHECK! Scholarship for PHD after completing my Majors? CHECK!
bimbelina
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2011 July 10, 16:30:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So, I messed around with some Things I Should Not Have Touched, and I managed to get four semi-playable mummies in my house, which was entertaining for a while. Then I killed them off by forcing their age transition, and I started getting the "Flagrant Error" messages. Eventually I got the one informing me that my save was corrupted and had turned into a BFBVFS. So I thought, what do I have to lose, and tried to take a picture. It worked.

I do not recommend this as a solution  Cheesy

Edit: GAH...new neighborhood, and I can take photos at home, but I can't take them on an adventure where I need to. I give up.
« Last Edit: 2011 July 11, 04:34:32 by bimbelina » Logged
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: