More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 27, 16:58:15

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  New Patch 1.22/2.16/3.12/4.9/5.7/6.4/7.2/8.0
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: New Patch 1.22/2.16/3.12/4.9/5.7/6.4/7.2/8.0  (Read 60018 times)
DELETEACCOUNT
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
New Patch 1.22/2.16/3.12/4.9/5.7/6.4/7.2/8.0
« on: 2011 May 27, 12:58:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

DELETEACCOUNT
« Last Edit: 2012 June 05, 20:01:48 by DELETEACCOUNT » Logged
ElectricSimmer
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
Re: New Patch 1.22
« Reply #1 on: 2011 May 27, 15:10:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not installing until I know the full changelog. Also, installing this now may fuck up a Generations installed (is paranoid).
bowrain
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2011 May 27, 15:32:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The latest game version is now 1.19 but the only incremental option is from 1.21 which means if we want to patch now we have to use the cumulative patch?
Clifford
Asinine Airhead

Ye olde Clifforde

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2011 May 27, 18:33:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does Create-a-World work? I expect not, but maybe somone has other experiences?
IAmTheRad
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2011 May 27, 18:44:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*cough*The.Sims.3.Generations-RELOADED
brownlustgirl
Knuckleheaded Knob

Giving EA the finger!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2011 May 27, 20:29:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe Generations will be update 1.21 and this patch is what comes after installing Generations?  Have anyone tried the leaked one with this patch?

"So you have to be hungry to eat, right? Hmph, imagine that concept."  Kirstie Alley
IAmTheRad
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2011 May 27, 21:00:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Generations is indeed 1.21. Incremental patch installs fine over generations
« Last Edit: 2011 May 27, 21:11:26 by IAmTheRad » Logged
taiki_exe
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2011 May 28, 05:41:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

link does not work  Huh
markjs
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: 2011 May 28, 06:11:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

link does not work  Huh

Working fine in here.

TSGEN itself updates the game to 1.21.123.0110XX, this patch might be an "urgent" fix for the EP.
Though I am surprised the expansion itself is only 1GB.  [3.5GB Cumulative MAC Updates + ~0.5GB Cumulative PC Update]
Either EA has learnt how to optimize their coding, or this expansion really doesn't add anything in core, most likely the second.

It looks that way for now, but I suspect that there are more to come...

One bug that they still haven't fixed in this patch is that outdoor lighting still only illuminates the ground floor!

Ever since WA came out they still haven't. Oh, dear EA.
taiki_exe
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2011 May 28, 06:23:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Working fine in here.
Click on this
"File not found." Or I do something wrong?
markjs
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: 2011 May 28, 06:29:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Working fine in here.
Click on this
"File not found." Or I do something wrong?

As I said, it's working fine in here.
rum nate
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2011 May 28, 11:26:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just installed The Sim 3 on my laptop just to check out this patch, and one thing I noticed is in the Electronic Arts folder in My Documents, there is a new folder, "ContentPatch." Within that folder there is a "Download" folder, which has nothing in it.

I didn't play long enough to really get into the memories system, but it sure looks like it's going to be a pain in the ass. There is a new button on the UI, right below the button to expand the UI. It's a little camera so you can take pictures to "Capture the Moment" so you can make your own memories for your sims.

And then the body hair, looks way too unnatural.   
Clifford
Asinine Airhead

Ye olde Clifforde

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2011 May 28, 11:38:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Create-a-World does definitely not work. I reinstalled it and ist still says CAW can't find the Sims 3 game data.
ElectricSimmer
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2011 May 28, 13:01:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

According to SimPrograms, the patch was pulled due to 'some major bug'
jfade
Obtuse Oaf

Esteemed Senator Emeritus

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: 2011 May 28, 13:10:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

LOLWUT?

Latest Patch Removed

Just a quick note to let you know that EA have noticed people have got the latest patch, and they have removed all the files from their servers.

So, unless someone uploads it to a file sharing service, you can not update yet unless you have the game! We'll keep you updated.

I suspect it's more like they don't want people to have the new features for the base game yet since the EP isn't officially out. I won't even mention the fact that the link above still works. Next time check your sources before spouting crap about "X says..."

Nifty Sims hacks and programs at: DJS Sims
ElectricSimmer
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2011 May 28, 13:49:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

LOLWUT?

Latest Patch Removed

Just a quick note to let you know that EA have noticed people have got the latest patch, and they have removed all the files from their servers.

So, unless someone uploads it to a file sharing service, you can not update yet unless you have the game! We'll keep you updated.

I suspect it's more like they don't want people to have the new features for the base game yet since the EP isn't officially out. I won't even mention the fact that the link above still works. Next time check your sources before spouting crap about "X says..."

jfade
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: 2011 May 28, 13:52:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

LOLWUT?

Latest Patch Removed

[snip]
Well, sure would be nice of them to share that on their website proper instead of putting it on FACEBOOK.

ElectricSimmer
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2011 May 28, 13:53:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

LOLWUT?

Latest Patch Removed

[snip]
Well, sure would be nice of them to share that on their website proper instead of putting it on FACEBOOK.

Tell that to them...
jfade
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: 2011 May 28, 13:55:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

LOLWUT?

Latest Patch Removed

[snip]

Tell that to them...
I'll leave that up to the people who actually have a Facebook account. I won't waste my time.

ElectricSimmer
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2011 May 28, 13:58:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, even if that's the reason why or not, i'm still not downloading this patch until we get full patch notes and updates for all the EPs/SPs.
funnykid
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2011 May 28, 15:16:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

LOLWUT?

Latest Patch Removed

[snip]

It's SimPrograms on FB, not EA themselves.
IAmTheRad
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2011 May 28, 23:09:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Holy crap the bug. I hit it, it makes the game unplayable. Until EA 'officially' releases the patch I'll just run base generations for now.
tea_and_blues
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2011 May 29, 01:37:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What is the bug?

<meh> siggie. </meh>
IAmTheRad
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2011 May 29, 02:22:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ever have a sim disappear into a rabbithole only to never exit it? Think about when there's no interaction in their queue and the only way to recover them was to resetsim for that sim, only to have to do it again at 1am sim-time. It only effected the active family, and once you reset the sim, about 20 memories came up for the reset sim, or more if the reset sim had memories with a housemate.

Very unplayable. Don't know what triggered it.
Roobs
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2011 May 31, 18:29:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well they've officially released the patch now. Here's the changelog. It's not terribly exciting, and pretty much exactly what is mentioned above in this thread.

Base Game Updates
 •You can now collect Memories of significant moments in your Sims' lives in the new Scrapbook. Custom Memories can also be created using the Capture This Moment tool. All Memories can be uploaded and shared on TheSims3.com and Facebook!
 •You can now adjust the lifespan length for each individual phase of life that a Sim goes through via the Options menu.
 •Live Mode - Sims can now ask other Sims out on dates!  Sims will now be given a Romantic Reputation based on their social interactions in the local dating scene.
 •Create a Sim - Body hair can now be applied on male Sims, from head to toe!
 •Build/Buy Mode - Players can now use the Catalog Filter in Build and Buy Mode to sort Content from different installed Expansion Packs and Stuff Packs, as well as content from The Sims 3 Store.

World Adventures
 •Additional bug fixes and polish to existing features

Ambitions

Late Night

Generations
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: