More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 19, 00:32:12

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Shiny Floors in Generations, how do we use them?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Shiny Floors in Generations, how do we use them?  (Read 6044 times)
Claeric
Shouty Vole
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile WWW
Shiny Floors in Generations, how do we use them?
« on: 2011 May 29, 14:25:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So I placed the Basically A House lot down and moved in a family to find...the tile floors were shiny. This isn't a base game thing, right? I don't remember it. In Base Game + All other expansions, only certain textures were shiny- like the flat black leather texture. But this is a stone texture, and the shine is consistent across the floor rather than across individual pieces.

Either way, base game or not, the floors are very odd:

-If cloned, they stay shiny
-If placed from the catalog, they are not shiny
-They can be designed just fine and keep their shinyness
-The shinyness is not connected to the design, as copying the design to other floors doesn't make them shiny.

(Note that the tiles closer to the camera in the second shot are not shiny, despite being the same floor with the same design)

There are no buttons anywhere to enable this, "Help" doesn't bring up any cheats that might do it, there's no object to do it. The shine is a little extreme but it'd be nice to have for any floor you wanted.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Shiny Floors in Generations, how do we use them?
« Reply #1 on: 2011 May 29, 14:34:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't see any shinyness. Are you sure you're not hallucinating?

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Claeric
Shouty Vole
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2011 May 29, 14:47:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, you're getting old, so I guess you can't be blamed for being blind.

See that giant, blatant sheen on the tiles in both images? That shinyness.
Goggalor
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2011 May 29, 16:04:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The floor in the house has a different specular then the one in the catalog. They probably changed it after the house was saved. Just click the cast tool on the shiny one and save it, it should retain the specular.
Claeric
Shouty Vole
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2011 May 29, 16:24:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The floor in the house has a different specular then the one in the catalog. They probably changed it after the house was saved. Just click the cast tool on the shiny one and save it, it should retain the specular.

Nope. The shiny version is considered an alternate floor tile, not available in the catalog. It has no preset designs, and even if you save a design to it, it doesn't keep the shiny.

There are 6 new tiles in Generations. 3 seem to have shinyness as a default (upper left, upper mid, lower left), none are this one in particular. Each of the shiny ones has the others as design choices, but they lose their shinyness when you change the design. (see second picture) The other 3 styles are not shiny and can't get shiny by any means.

Goggalor
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2011 May 29, 20:05:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I did actually look at the complate data for both floors and they are exactly the same apart from the specular. Including the same same name. Also, those floors in masonry are actually just two, with three different styles each. Something very odd is going on though. The specular on the floor from the house stayed when I saved it and is being applied consistently. However, when I put down the one you had shiny by default, it was matte. Later I put it down again and it was shiny. Both times was directly from the catalog with no pattern changes. Ugh. Have tried several times and it varies if its shiny or not.

EDIT: Even stranger things going on. Placed the shiny one that I saved on an empty lot and placed the two different floor tiles from the catalog. Now when I hover over the shiny floor with the cast tool or the sledgehammer one of the other tiles goes shiny.

Floor laid down.

Hovering.
« Last Edit: 2011 May 29, 20:25:50 by Goggalor » Logged
Claeric
Shouty Vole
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: 2011 May 29, 21:50:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

so basically they somehow saved the same floor twice and now the game doesn't know which one to read at any given time?
Goggalor
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2011 May 29, 22:46:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Some more testing:The "Eco Friendly Terra Tile" only seems to go shiny if it's on the same lot as the one I saved from the house, and only inconsistenly. They do link to the same specular, but there doesn't seem to be anything wrong with that IMG file itself. It might be enough to replace the buggy one in the house (or just not use the house) and delete any copies of it.
I'll clear my caches and see if it works.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: