More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 02:07:17

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Wishes to have or sell things; sculptures, paintings, photos, veg, fish etc
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Wishes to have or sell things; sculptures, paintings, photos, veg, fish etc  (Read 4011 times)
Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing!

View Profile WWW
Wishes to have or sell things; sculptures, paintings, photos, veg, fish etc
« on: 2011 May 24, 16:18:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What are the rules for the sculpting?  I've got a family discovering sculpting..
Am I right in thinking that the rules vary between the various skills?  Exceedingly annoying!

Wish to "Have 50 statues on the lot"
1. do they have to be 50 homemade sculptures?  Buy mode stuff works for painting.  Bought gnomes don't count, but maybe they're garden deco...
2. do melted ice sculptures count?

Wish to "Sell sculptures worth X"
1. Does the sim have to sell something he/she sculpted personally?  With fish and veg it's the seller who gets the cash credited in their skill journal regardless of who did the work.  I've never thought to check paintings.  The wish to "sell photos worth X" would be comparable, but it doesn't work at all of course.  Someone else's photo will do nicely for a WA quest btw.  If Sim A does the selling, does SimB get credit or does the money vanish?
2. can you make it work with things you put in the family inventory?  These don't say who created them, unlike paintings and photos.

Sick of Bluewater?  Try Sedona or Meadow Lawns instead.  Meadow Lawns is a whole neighbourhood built to explore OFB.  Sedona is a sub'hood you can install as a permanent alternative to Bluewater - it's an "out of this world" experience!  www.moreawesomethanyou.com/cwykes
dragoness
Irritating Ignoramus

INTJ.

View Profile
Re: Wishes to have or sell things; sculptures, paintings, photos, veg, fish etc
« Reply #1 on: 2011 May 24, 22:44:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

With things like this it's often easier to say "try it and find out". You already have a family doing sculpting, after all.

It's possible to have the creator credited when someone else sells them at the consignment shop. Inventors get credit for their creations.
Rubyelf
Feckless Fool

Fiddlesticks!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2011 May 26, 03:16:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The Wish to "Sell sculptures worth X" is the sims own persona sculptures. The wish to "Have 50 statues on the lot" is both for their own, and for ones bought in Buy Mode. At least that is what my findings are.

High Distinctions for Forensic Analytical Science? CHECK! Honours? CHECK! Scholarship for PHD after completing my Majors? CHECK!
Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2011 May 26, 06:46:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So if sim A sells a sculpture by sim B, it doesn't count for A's wish or B's wish?

Does the sculpture on the lot have to have a specific value?  like I said gnomes don't work and the cheap sculpture I tried didn't work either.  

Is this written up anywhere?  I tried google & the wiki's, but turned up nothing.  Yes I can work it out if I have to, but I'm sort of averse to doing original research if it's all written up my someone more methodical than me.  Also trying it out on a family you're playing means messing up A's wants while you sort out B's and losing track of C&D who are tomb-raiding.   It's irritating that you don't get better in game help when the skills aren't all set up the same way.  We don't have the "sell X" wants for the base game skills & the photo "sell X" wants from WA don't work.  Paintings, fish and photo's have 'created/caught by' info, but sculptures don't.  I haven't tried inventing at all.

edit to add - the other irritation is putting sculptures with no creator info in the family inventory.  A sim moving out can't take stuff he made himsel with him because you can't identify it.   Also only brand new creations seem to count for the "sell X".  Things you put in the family inventory made by wtf know don't, though they do count to the 'have X on lot".
« Last Edit: 2011 May 26, 07:05:53 by cwykes » Logged

Sick of Bluewater?  Try Sedona or Meadow Lawns instead.  Meadow Lawns is a whole neighbourhood built to explore OFB.  Sedona is a sub'hood you can install as a permanent alternative to Bluewater - it's an "out of this world" experience!  www.moreawesomethanyou.com/cwykes
Rubyelf
Feckless Fool

Fiddlesticks!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2011 May 27, 02:00:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Most of my findings were through use. Statues usually involved the human ones, but I am not sure if any mods I have may cause this.

The sim with the wish has to be one selling the statue and will be the only one to get the benefit from it. There are 3 ways to do this, either by clicking the statue and choosing to sell (this is 100% guaranteed to work), selling it in buymode (this may not work all the time), and selling it at the Consignment store (I've found this can bug out on me sometimes). If you want to make sure only THAT sim is getting the update for it (you can usually see a little 0/50 or something), have them personally click on it to sell.

And yah family inventory I've noticed causes a lot of information lot on custom made items such as paintings, sculptures and sometimes even photos, just another thing EA overlooked.

High Distinctions for Forensic Analytical Science? CHECK! Honours? CHECK! Scholarship for PHD after completing my Majors? CHECK!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: