More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 19, 00:41:38

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  Low Detail Mode??
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Low Detail Mode??  (Read 15539 times)
tomomi
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Low Detail Mode??
« on: 2011 April 30, 03:30:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

See screenshot.

I have a brand new household (therefore they never met anyone else outside of household).  And at map view, one of my sim (only 1) see this tag on another lot.  The lot has 4 sim but it only shows "Sophie Wang" with such "Low Detail Mode" and Movites all displayed.  This sim, not the other one on the new household, is able to see this tag only 1 of the lot (so not like he can see all the sims with displayed motives).

Some snotty moderator over MTS immediately schooled me for asking this and demanded me to educate myself with AwesomeMod (possibly to get a BA degree).  But I have looked again and again, AwesomeMod does not even have something like this.  I Ctrl-click Sophie Wang, and it is verified that she is not made Sacred nor Tracked on Radar.  I don't even use that feature of AwesomeMod anyway.

So any chance this has anything to do with AwesomeMod?
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
Re: Low Detail Mode??
« Reply #1 on: 2011 April 30, 04:37:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you think MTS mods are snotty, you are in for a treat!

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
Madame Mim
Retarded Reprobate

Tards, Damned Tards and You Were Adopted.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2011 April 30, 11:01:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Asking what? Construct a sentence and I'd know how to formulate a reply.

Anyway, MTS moderators are not 'snotty', they are 'jumped-up' - 'snotty' bears connotations of having a reason for conceit.

Mia kusenveturilo estas angiloplena.
tomomi
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2011 May 01, 07:29:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Asking what? Construct a sentence and I'd know how to formulate a reply.

Anyway, MTS moderators are not 'snotty', they are 'jumped-up' - 'snotty' bears connotations of having a reason for conceit.
LOL, I guess the reason for conceit is the "know it all" absolute attitude, especially for one who cannot tell the difference between "you are" and "your".
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2011 May 01, 16:10:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Without knowing your neighborhood, I have no idea why that particular sim seems to be of interest, but apparently the game is tracking that sim for whatever reason: Perhaps that sim has some kind of special role that is relevant to your sim, such as a quest target or kung-fu/chess challenge opponent.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
jsader
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2011 May 02, 17:08:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My game always show anyone with low detail mode, friend or not.  It just does.  You don't have to do anything with it.
Versus
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2011 May 02, 22:06:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My game always show anyone with low detail mode, friend or not.  It just does.  You don't have to do anything with it.
Same here. I always have some random sim tagged for no apparent reason.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2011 May 03, 00:30:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sim or, often, sims. My neighborhoods typically house around 150 sims and I'll have 10 or so tagged in map mode. Don't know why. Don't really care. Sometimes I use it as a prompt to introduce my house in play to that household, because otherwise my sims tend to be shut-ins.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2011 May 08, 12:41:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Reasons why a sim will be tagged on the map:
1. The sim is Radar Tagged by the user. (Turns red or yellow if sacred)
2. The sim is the your Opponent, either for Kung Fu or Chess (normally appears cyan, like a quest target)
3. The sim is running a macro command, possibly from AwesomeStory (no special color, will probably be orange), or because you did something.

Sometimes also, a sim's map tag may remain residually on the screen if you have multiple sims and switch between them, or just hang around for a bit for some unknown reason after the reason for being tagged has expired. Either way, there's something probably interesting about that sim.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
tomomi
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2011 June 04, 05:29:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sorry for not checking back often enough.  But I really appreciate the reply, Pescado.  I was expecting a bunch of smart remarks than any insightful reply.

Anyway, I can relate to your #2 assessment, that sim is a high level martial artist (my "kung fu family" of the neighborhood where everyone top to bottom are experts).  So I guess she was picked as a Spar Opponent to have her tagged like that.

Originally I posted this question out of curiosity (and a bit of skepticism/paranoid that something is in the process of going wrong).  I love to have AwesomeMod but I don't even use or pay attention to a good portion of the features it offers (like I just found out about this Tag, Sacred command, and outfitcp script command).  Btw, Pescado, I didn't find any of your script commands documented in your documentation.

To my understanding now, this sim was put in "Low Level Detail" as a mode by EA to consume less CPU power.  And AwesomeMod just happened to display that mode voluntarily.  Thanks for all the helpful replies.  It is always good to know how things work.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: